Cooks Creek Golf Club

Cooks Creek Golf Club (previously known as Raintree South Golf Club) is bordered by Little Walnut Creek on one side and the Scioto River on the other, providing a scenic setting that is ideal for a round of golf. The course is a certified Audubon Sanctuary and there is also a Blue Herron rookery on site. Opened in 1993, the golf course is relatively young but it has already established a reputation for being one of central Ohio's best public courses. Local architects Michael Hurzdan and Dana Fry designed the course with the assistance of John Cook. Cooks Creek has two completely unique nines that offer two different sets of challenges. The diverse layout requires careful strategy and it will also test your shot-making abilities. With two bodies of water serving as neighbors, water definitely plays a role on the golf course.
Cooks/Black 72 7071 yards 73.7 131
Back/Scarlet 72 6648 yards 71.3 128
Middle/Gray 72 6182 yards 68.5 122
Forward/Green 72 5095 yards 68.2 120
Scorecard for Cooks Creek
Cooks M: 73.7/131 552 366 455 408 397 219 521 189 390 3497 553 311 461 123 394 223 621 420 488 3594 7091
Scarlet M: 71.3/128 528 345 427 383 378 208 484 170 370 3293 512 294 435 113 380 183 563 401 474 3355 6648
Gray M: 68.5/122 507 321 367 379 342 183 452 151 356 3058 495 289 415 106 351 162 481 381 444 3124 6182
Senior M: 68.2/120 440 256 296 245 320 84 388 133 252 2414 437 237 384 66 336 78 433 361 349 2681 5095
Green W: 68.0/116 440 256 296 245 320 84 388 133 252 2414 437 237 384 66 336 78 433 361 349 2681 5095

Year Built 1993
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1993) John Cook (1993) Dana Fry (1993)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Collared shirt, bermuda shorts.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2017 #21)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2017 #12)

One of my favorite tracks

I've played CC several times and have yet to be disappointed. We caught a nice day in Jan and decided to go out. CC was one of the few courses still open. For Jan, the course was in very good shape. Being in a flood plain, it's always prone to being pretty wet. But, aside from a few areas, the course was very playable. We will certainly be back for more rounds.

Commented On 2019-01-10T20:53:08.000+00:00

Hi David, thank you for the five stars! We are so glad that you had a good time at Cooks Creek Golf Club. Thanks for your feedback. #SeeYaAtTheCreek

November Golf

Been a few years since I played here but it was still as good I love this course

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 11/30/2018:
Hi Whitt, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to hear that you had a great time at Cooks Creek Golf Club the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This has always been one of the best courses in South Central Ohio. The layout is challenging, but very playable. Great staff and a great golf experience!

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hi, thanks for the four stars! We are so glad that you had a great experience from start to finish. Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stealing a day for golf in the Fall

Got to spend a day with my brother and step-Brother n law at cooks creek... the weather today compared to recent and following days to be was ideal. The Back nine was ideal, the front nine was airated last week and still healing from that process, but was still appreciated.. cooks creek is always a looked forward to track and we were not disappointed.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hi Dan, thanks for the five-star review! We are glad to hear that you had a great time at Cooks Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback, and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Great fall single outing

Cooks Creek is always a delight. Along with a Golfnow great rate and reward, you just cannot beat the value. I played at a temp of 42 starting around 11am to about 47 around 3pm. Partly sunny and little to no wind. The front side was being airated so I was limited to only the back nine, which was fine with me. I played it twice and then some. The folks in the office said play as much as you want. There was very little play going on. The course was in great shape including the traps, which at this time of year is unusual. After my two rounds of the back nine I played about 5 holes jumping around groups of twosomes or driving my ball to end up picking up not wanting to be held up. These were extra holes I did not anticipate getting to play. All in all a great day and all the golf I wanted to have on an October chilly afternoon. I always look forward to playing Cooks Creek!!!

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 10/26/2018:
Hi Dan, thank you for the amazing five-star review! We are so happy to hear that you had a great round of golf at Cooks Creek Golf Club the other day. Thanks for the detailed review, and we can't wait to have you back again soon! #cookscreekgolfclub #ohiogolf

Great round

The course was in great shape and the players in front of us were very kind to let us play thru. The layout is great and each hole has a different look. I enjoyed the round very much, great shape, course good pace of play and great value.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 10/26/2018:
Hi, thanks for the five stars! We are thrilled that you had a great round of golf at Cooks Creek Golf Club the other day. Thanks for your detailed feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fall fun

Enjoyed a late 9 holes today. Greens a re fast but true and have not been aerated or sandy yet. Not sure why they don't have a pro shop or why it's not more busy. Good place to play.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 10/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for the three stars. We have done a lot to bring back the course from previous ownership. We continue the work on Cooks Creek Golf Club to make it a place to bring your family and have a good time. Don't forget to check out Cooks Bar and Grill for one of our yummy paninis! https://cooksbargrill.com/

Sunday at Cooks

Course was in great condition. Unfortunately there was a foursome ahead that was extremely slow. 5 hour round. No ranger in sight.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 10/01/2018:
Hello Bernie, thanks for the four-star review! We are glad that you enjoyed your round of golf at Cooks Creek Golf Club, but we are sorry that you encountered slow pace of play. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Very nice course

My buddies & I venture over to Cooks Creek every so often from Lancaster because it has a country club feel. The layout it challenging but fair. The greens were in decent shape considering a lot of the surrounding courses seem to be struggling to maintain theirs. We experienced considerable rain a few days ahead of our play date so we had to stay on the cartpath. But, since we basically had the course to ourselves, it wasn't a big deal. If you're playing at a high-demand time and it's "cartpath only", you might be in for a long round.

We always enjoy our time at CC and would certainly return.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 10/04/2018:
Hello David, thanks for the four-star review! We are thrilled that you chose to play Cooks Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback, and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had a great time at Cooks Creek Golf Club. Come back again soon!

Average

Fairways are in good shape, greens and tee boxes are diseased need alot of work. I should have known I was in for a long day when there wasnt a starter on #1, pace of play was extremely slow had to wait on each hole NO ranger at all to keep it moving, will not return

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2018:
Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced poor pace of play. Your feedback is important to us. And we hope that you will give Cooks Creek another chance in the future.

Bad

The teeing ground was so dry and hard you couldn’t even get the tee in the ground on the majority of tees. The bunkers are not taken care of and have no sand in them. The pace of play was atrocious. 3+ hours on the back nine alone...no ranger the whole time for a near 5 hour round.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a good round of golf the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Bent grass tees, fairways and greens

This is a well maintained course. The greens were receptive to approach shots and rolled fast and true. A great golf value.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello David, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a good time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

COOKS CREEK will be on your favorite list!!!

The course was in beautiful shape! if you haven't been in the last few years, do yourself a favor and go there now... the Cook family has brought it back to life and is a joy to play there!! LOVE this course!

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled that you had a great golfing experience at Cooks Creek Golf Club the other day. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

Great round

The staff was friendly, the pace of play was good, and the course was in great shape. Had a very enjoyable round of golf.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello, thank you for the awesome five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had an overall great golf experience. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

very nice

Course was in excellent condition. Some very beautiful holes there to be played. look forward to playing there again very soon.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 08/16/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled that you found our course in excellent shape. Thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you had a good round of golf out there the other day. We hope to see you again soon.

Beutiful Couese

Love the layout and the course is beutiful. Too many courses now have housing developments so all you see are people's yards. Cooks Creek is a very scenic very fun course.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and found it beautiful. We hope to see you again soon.

Good day of Golf

Overall it was a good day of Golf. Course is in pretty good shape. Not quite to where it needs to be. Some of the fairways are starting to burn out,and the Bunkers are awful. Greens were decent for the most part. Pace of play was a bit slow,but not terrible. With a few Improvements Cooks will be back to where it once was a top 10 public course in Ohio.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/13/2018:
Hello John, thank you for the three-star review! We are happy to hear that you had an overall good time out there despite the conditions and pace of play. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Really good but could be so much better!!

Every time I play Cook's Creek I ask myself why I don't play it more often? While it's about a 45 minute drive, the layout is really good and the setting is beautiful. The course was in pretty good shape despite some spots being pretty wet/soft. The fairways and greens were really good with the exception of people not fixing ball marks. The only negative, as others have mentioned were the bunkers. Many were filled with standing water, and others had more mud than sand.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back.

Response from Cooks Creek Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our layout and had an overall good time. We appreciate your feedback regarding the bunkers and ball marks. Come back again soon!
Ashville, Ohio