Upper Lansdowne Golf Links

1.5
2 reviews

Upper Lansdowne Golf Course originally opened as a nine-hole course in 1961, designed by local course architect Jack Kidwell. More than 30 years later, Kidwell revisited the course with Michael Hurzdan and added another nine holes. It was one of his last projects before retirement. Despite being designed at different times, Upper Lansdowne's nines seamlessly blend modern and traditional features to create a diverse course that appeals to a range of skill levels and abilities. The layout features narrow fairways lined with mature trees that are balanced with large, easy-to-read greens. Water hazards come into play on half of the holes. The golf course's signature hole is the par-3 15th, which plays downhill to a peninsula green, offering little room for forgiveness. If you don't hit the green on this hole, you'll most likely be in the water.
Scorecard for Upper Lansdowne Golf Club
Blue M: 70.8/114 545 405 184 525 415 374 406 206 534 3594 375 163 411 387 523 271 435 200 377 3142 6736
White M: 68.3/113 W: 71.5/123 530 390 144 480 366 360 368 172 494 3304 364 140 365 346 483 246 420 185 366 2915 6219
Grey M: 65.1/110 W: 68.2/120 445 328 119 447 325 334 277 144 421 2840 309 117 326 308 449 196 447 150 307 2609 5449
Red W: 66.0/115 391 325 78 426 312 282 269 133 385 2601 248 82 290 286 409 171 282 147 305 2220 4821

Year Built 1961
Fairways Winter Rye
Architect Jack Kidwell (1961) Jack Kidwell (1995) Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1995)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. No Tank Tops or Cutoffs.

Save your money

Terrible course for the price. Tee boxes and fairways are worse than the grass in my back yard. Greens are just as rough. Save your money and go elsewhere

This course needs work

The course conditions have deteriorated the last few years. There is no separation between the fairway and rough. The fairways are in bad shape as are the tee boxes. I like this course layout but it’s pretty obvious ownership isn’t putting much money into it. It’s a shame.

Real bad shape.

Could not find any regular grass on fairways, was all crabgrass. Tee boxes in very rough shape, not cut at all. this was the worst course conditions I have ever seen a golf course in or have played.

Deferred Maintenance

Well designed and unique holes; however, maintenance leaves much to be desired. Crab grass EVERYWHERE! On the tee, in the fairway, EVERYWHERE! Tons of bald spots on fairways, and some balding spots on greens. Sand traps are mostly overgrown with weeks, and the cart "path" is bumpier than the grass around it.

Such a nice layout, it's a shame to see it falling to poor care.

Reneehorn
Commented On 2018-07-30T15:55:10.000+00:00

Played this ranch this past Sunday the 29th of July and I still can't believe they charge $35.Couldn't tell the fairways from the rough,didn't know weather to rake the traps or whip out the weed Wacker and the greens weren't like putting on shag carpet.Absolutely terrible maintenance of a song called Golf course will never play again

Fun Course

This was the first time I played the course. It was a nice course, but the traps were not clean and on some fairways the grass was a little long. The greens were good and I enjoyed my round. I will play there again

Far from Columbus

Cool course. Sorta like a links course. Very dry conditions. It took 45 minutes to get there from Columbus. Cheap price on GolfNow but I made up for it in gasoline. Cart paths are not good. I came up of the seat and swooshed my privates a bunch of times. Holy Moly!!!

Nice experience

Great deal from Golf Now. Nice course, nice layout, good pace. Enjoyed it.

TERRIBLE STAFF SERVICE - DON’T GOLF HERE

Picked up a tee time online with a friend, guy in the clubhouse told us that as long as we finished in 4.5 hours the league wouldn’t affect us. At the turn, less than 2 hours in, another staff member approached us on #10 and said that we needed to play faster or leave because the league needed to start and we were in the way. The group behind us asked to pass so they could play extremely fast and barely even played. Wouldn’t be a problem if the online tee times were unavailable or a note was added to allow us to prepare. Been here 4 times and the clubhouse staff is always very rude to outsiders and seem to only cater to league members.

This course needs management

Our twosome started during overcast with spitting rain that stopped on the 3th hole. No one on the course. Made it thru 15 holes in 2:15. Then the cart ran out of gas. Called the pro shop 5 times, no answer. The staff left while we were still on the course. We had to take our key and walk thru the course back to the club house and luckily they have carts outside so we could get another one to finish. What would of happened if we had an emergency? Very poor in my opinion. It will be my last time playing this course.

Decent

Course conditions were better than expected, especially with all the rain in recent days. Greens and fairways were great. Tee boxes were so-so. Bunkers were so-so. Pace of play was good for an early tee time. Staff is friendly enough, appears to be a tight group of locals and family that frequent this course. Clubhouse is basically a house with not a whole lot going on, just the basics of what you might need. A few too many farm cats wandering around for my taste, one wandered across a green while we were playing. First time for everything I guess. Prices were a bit overpriced for the season, mid October should have you down below $30 with a cart - summer is over. Still a fun track, I'll be back again, probably next year.

I play this course 2 to 3 times a month. It is always decent and the people here are fantastic. They have been working on the course lately and it is in the best condition ever. the fairways were all in great shape and the greens were great. My wife and played starting at noon and we basically had the course to ourselves.

surprised

I was visiting a relative and decided to play here not knowing the courses in the area. When I arrived I thought I made a mistake. It sits in the country and looks like a farm when you enter it. The outside of the "club house" which is an old farm house looks very rough. Dirt parking lot, park on grass. Old 50 gallon metal containers and random old golf cart parts laying around. Hand painted signs (like advertising a yard sale). I thought it would be a cow pasture based on the first appearance.

But wait!

The course was great except for the very rough cart parts which you want to avoid and ride on the grass. And the few bunkers they had were not kept. But------ back to the course. It was excellent. All the greens were in county club conditions. I mean perfect. Fairways were watered and zero bare spots. I also thought it was fantastic layout with lots of water, hills, doglegs, etc. The course was surprisingly hilly. Unless you are put off by the rough "club house" area I would recommend this course. It was great and I will be back.

Upper Landsdowne

Course is challenging for all levels of golfers. The course has improved this past season over the last couple of years!

This course is enjoyable for the price

Good value course. Nothing fancy but greens in good shape. Accommodating staff.

A good buy.

I enjoyed my round, and would play here again. The course is pretty well maintained, with the exception of the sand traps, and the layout is challenging enough to be interesting.

Ashville, Ohio