Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1979
Architect Jack Kidwell

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard Welcomed
Dress code Shirt and shoes required

Cream of the Crop

Everything you'd expect for the price of the course. Truly upper echelon golfing. Not a blade of grass uncut or out of place. Varied hole layouts. I would love to be able to play the course more often but it is relatively expensive. The clubhouse is breathtaking and hosts many events, even my college's awards ceremony. 19th hole is below the clubhouse, and operates during golf hours and Friday nights.

Excellent Public Golf Course

We try to play Blue Ash every week, even during the Winter if weather allows. It is a challenging course with hills and very difficult greens. But the course is very well maintained year round, and for the beauty of the course and layout, probably the best value in Cincinnati. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If playing 18, a cart is recommended as there are some steep portion of the course.

Time to Cut the Greens Fellas

I have played this course hundreds of times in the past 20 years because it was consistently in great shape. However, the greens have been in a downward spiral for over a year and today might have been the low point. They were slow, bumpy (because of the sheer length of the grass) and if they were cut this morning I think they forgot to engage the blades. Rough was long but that was understandable because of all the rain this week, the pro shop staff, rangers, beer cart girls and bar staff were all friendly and welcoming. However, if they don’t figure out the greens soon I fully expect this to be a housing development in the next 5 years. $40 - $48/round used to seem like the best value in golf here but with the current state of the greens it might be time to join a club for this 5 Handicap.

Always immaculate

As always Blue Ash was perfect during my last visit.
great staff, friendly attentive. Hey they bring water around in the marshall carts, nice touch. Superintendent keeps it perfect. best value in Cincinnati. yes they seem to be on the cart paths quite a bit- but that's what keeps it nice.

Cart path only

Staff very friendly but it seems that this course is cart path only way too much. I've been in this business and the superintendent is way to cautious. Even other golfers I know say it's way over thought. Please let up a bit.

Very nice course

Excellent course, well maintained and beautiful looking.

A true challenge for players of all abilities

Blue Ash is a true test of golf, regardless of your skill level. It is always immaculately groomed. The design is pleasing to the eye. The greens can be treacherous as aeven a well-struck putt could end up 10 feet past the hole depending on the hole location. Traps are always properly tended. Pace of play is regulated by an attentive staff. Ranger Jim is a welcome addition to the staff and was quite friendly.

All in all, Blue Ash is a pleasure to play and well worth the greens fee.

Great Value

An excellent golf course for a very good price. The best part is you can walk if you want and the course is layed out to make it very walkable. Very nice staff and the nice pace of play.

Great course layout

Good course layout. Guide on the card to show where the pins are located on the greens. Ranger on the course to keep pace play. Played the round in 4 hours.

Great Place to Play Golf

I play Blue Ash at least once a week ($32.00 walking) and I think it is one of the best values in the city. The course is always in excellent condition, the price is extremely reasonable and the staff is very friendly. The rangers there even drive around and provide you with ice water. After the round my group normally eats at the Sandtrap Grill (attached to the club house). The food there is also excellent and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this course.

best in the area!

we visit Cincinnati every spring and again in the fall with a gang of men from Michigan in the spring and friends from Cleveland in the fall. This is the best course we play!
not sure what was wrong with the other people who reviewed this course, but we have never had a rude staff member and in fact have always found them to be friendly and courteous!
this is a tough course for folks with a handicap of over 10 or 12 , ( like us) but we still get around in 4 and a half hours. the staff does a great job of making sure everyone knows the pace of play and try their best to make it happen.
we play 4 courses in Cinci, ea. trip and
the only negative about this course is no driving
range. the rest is great. recommend it highly!

Offensive

I was really excited to play this track. Our foursome was moving along fine, played the front in 2 hours and 15 minutes. On the 12th hole a ranger told us to speed up and a member of our group told him we were right on pace and were not going to rush. He came back 4 holes later and told me to speed up and another argument ensued about how we were right on the pace of play at 4 hours 30 minutes. Another employee came and reprimanded us for simply telling the ranger we were on pace and we were not going to rush. He even AGREED we were on pace to finish in 4 hours and 30 minutes!!! (despite the fact we had to sit and argue for 15 minutes about it with the ranger and him). He continued to reprimand us for telling his ranger that we weren't playing slow. Then he proceeded to boast about how they book 40,000 rounds a year and the course is booked sun up to sun down. Why is there a standard pace of play if you're going to harass people who play within that pace of play? All in all, we finished in... 4 hours 38 minutes (including 15 minutes of debate). I've played countless courses in 12 states and have never been harassed by staff like I was today. If you don't mind the possibility of confrontation the course itself is worth it but the staff made the $46 rate extremely tough to swallow. Awesome course, staff F-. What a bunch of bozos.

Easily the WORST staff in Cincinnati

I've been playing this course on and off for over 10 years. I will never be back, and I only live minutes away. Ever since they built the event center, something has changed with the way the course operates and who it hires. Personal example below.

Worst on course staff I have ever had interactions with in my life! Incredibly rude starter and marshals. We were first told there was a 45 minute wait, when only 3 groups were on the teebox. Really was a 15 minute wait. Then got told by a marshal to hurry up and hit on another tee box after waiting for him drive 1 mph towards us when there was a group in the fairway! No water for players on course except foul tasting, warm water fountains. No driving range. Packed with leagues. Course should go private if they don't want people to walk on and play, all the while giving people attitude for paying to play their public course.

Not worth the money when they charge for what much better courses in the area do with more accommodations an accommodating staff.

PS. I think the marshals also discriminate against younger players. But who am I to judge? Every time I have played with anyone in their 40s or 50s, never a problem. But if me and my co-worker friends in our 20s - 30s show up, it is a different story.

Best Public Course in the Area

Blue Ash is in fantastic condition and there is not a more difficult layout in the Cincinnati area. Tight fairways, huge greens with lots of levels and slopes and they are fast. A must play if in the area.

This is a great course but make sure you warm up somewhere else. No driving range and the practice greens are only ok. But for the price of playing nothing in the area can beat it. The course has tough greens and pin placements. If you want to score well keep it in the fairway. Definitely take a cart, unless you want to walk the big hills on the back nine.

Commented on 08/05/2016

1 star. Awful staff and amenities on course. I'll never be back.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.