North at Mill Creek Park Golf Course

Mill Creek Metroparks Golf Course
Scorecard for North
Blue M: 71.6/125 377 400 155 419 386 346 469 144 440 3136 379 396 364 439 199 519 181 334 475 3286 6422
White M: 70.5/122 W: 76.0/132 355 384 149 405 372 335 461 133 424 3018 365 384 354 420 182 509 167 324 447 3152 6170
Gold M: 67.7/119 W: 73.1/126 336 323 146 342 357 292 456 125 348 2725 353 375 346 341 169 455 159 314 413 2925 5650
Red W: 69.8/119 257 320 143 339 302 290 354 122 345 2472 293 273 276 338 166 452 156 311 358 2623 5095
Boys M: 62.0/110 200 225 78 243 228 221 272 101 264 1832 211 219 232 273 97 326 129 223 250 1960 3792
Girls W: 60.0/108 200 225 78 243 228 221 272 101 264 1832 211 219 232 273 97 326 129 223 250 1960 3792

Year Built 1927
Fairways Bent grass
Architect Donald Ross (1928)

Clubs No

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Course was eh. Wet, clumpy grass clippings.

See title. Course was fair to poor conditions. Didn’t have enough time for round, called ahead and was told I’d get a rain check for back nine. Once I was there told other wise. Course was not worth teven the hot deal price. Usually is a great course, was disappointed with it this time

Great shape

Course was in great shape and greens were fantastic. Pace of play got slowed down towards end of round. Besides that great day

Nice Course/Played the North

Got a deal by using my points so the round was very reasonable. This course is also 60+ min from my house. My buddy and I will drive an hour to play a different course at a good price. The course was very well maintained and the greens had been aerated a couple of weeks before we played and they were the nicest greens we had played on all year. Some leaves as it is getting late in the year. Lost 1 ball on the first hole and that was it.

Saturday group

My pals and I have played Mill Creek for 25 years now and Saturday the greens were in the best shape we have seen in years. Traps need a little work but overall it is in good shape. Tight layout with a lot of sand.

Made to perfection in 1927

Still one of the nicest courses in youngstown. Greens are perfect,well sand trapped, with every green with at least two sand traps.The fairways are always in perfect shape,and wide enough for any fade or draw shot.Staff is always friendly and snack bar has great variety of food and drink. Just one of the great things about Youngstown.

Ohio Advisor

Horribly slow play, called it quits on the 12th tee

It was my first time playing at the Mill Creek course, I played the South Course. It is a great looking facility, nice clubhouse, excellent practice facility, and 36 Donald Ross designed holes. I played at noon on a Tuesday, I started the round as a single and joined the threesome in front of me on the fourth hole. From then the 5th hole on, the group in front of us was still hitting tee shots, or even waiting to to hit tee shots on the next hole. On the 12th tee box, after finishing the 11th, there were 3 groups waiting on the tee. The groups 2 groups ahead, still hadn't tee off. There was not a ranger anywhere on the course, but I saw four rangers around the club house in carts, talking to one another and other players, not consider with the speed of play. I know the rangers were around the clubhouse, because I drove back to the clubhouse and left the course at that point.

The design of the course is awesome, what you would expect from Donald Ross. Shot placement in crucial, doglegs and bunkers, require you to pay attention to place your tee shot on the correct side of the fairway.

On top of the slow play, the course conditions were okay at best. The grass was in good shape on the fairways and rough. The greens were really slow. The slopes did not seem to be extreme enough to require such slow speeds, but compared to most public courses they were slow. I do not complain about bunkers to much because I understand the cost of maintaining them, but most courses attempt to keep up bunkers that would see to get more action. At Mill Creek this did not seem to be the case. All the bunkers, I saw hard and full of pebbles.

I will definitely try to make it back, hopefully to play all 36, I hope the conditions and speed of play improve. If would not recommend this course.

Donald Ross gem!!

Drove 1 1/2 hours to play here today with my wife. It is well worth it. I love to walk on a golf course, but as I get older I realize I have to walk flatter courses. This is one of them. Where can you get a Donald Ross designed course for $21.00, NO WHERE ELSE. Back tees are 6500 yards, 6170 from the middle tees. Tees, fairways, and most of all, the greens, were in great condition. Staff is extremely friendly. I have been coming to Mill Creek to play both North and South courses for about 45 years and it is well worth the trip. Please give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Greens were in better shape then any course I played all year. Fairways are treelined but still have enough room to work the ball around. If you can stay out of the trees the course plays very well as there's not much to it. Not too many hazards and doglegs. Most holes play straight out and a solid tee shot will set you up for birdie.

Great Value. Great Shape.

Course was in outstanding condition despite the rain earlier in the day. Greens were disease-free and rolling fairly well but will be phenomenal as they grow in. Bunkers need work is only concern.

Wonderful layout.

FANTASTIC!

The ruff was too high for a public course.

It made it very difficult to find your ball.

Thus slowed play considerably.

All Around Great Coarse/People

I had lived in the area for 43 years and never played at MillCreek. Was a great coarse and the people were super friendly. The restraunt was a plus for lunch so it was an all around great experience.

South

Great course for an even better deal

Nice Tree-lined Course

Love the mature, tall trees on this course, which makes for tight fairways with all of the overhang from the trees. Nice layout, good greens, good fairways. Greens mostly sloped which provides a challenge when putting, but greens not overly fast. Will play again.

Nice course for the price

Although the course was pretty crowded there was a decent pace of play. My wife plays very slow and we weren't pushed at all. Paired us with another couple and could not have been a better experience

North

Course was very nice. Staff very freindly

Great course!

Love this challenging course; 36 holes makes for variety! Much improved under new PGA director. Staff and pros are great!

First Time

We played on a cold windy day and actually had the final green covered in sleet. Despite all of this the course played great and was challenging from the blue tees. I will definitely play again! I just hope the weather is better!

Great time tough course!!

Thick rough large greens great shape.

It was wet and windy so the course played long.

The starter let two forsomes out in front of us

before we made the turn so we played the front of the south as our 10-18.. still had a good time..

Boardman, Ohio