Bowling Green Country Club

Fairways Blue Grass

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Colared shirt required

Great local course

Considerable effort has been made by the groundskeeper and staff to keep the course in top condition. Bad weather this year has made it particularly challenging. All in all, though, it's a very nice, 9/18 hole course, meeting the needs of the average golfer. Amenities are a bit light, limited to soft drinks and snacks. With the closure of the Forrest Creason Course at the University, this is the only local alternative to the upscale, more costly Stone Ridge Golf Course.

never been treated so badly

Walk into the office area at one forty five. My tee time was for two. About ten minutes later a person who works the check-in shows up. With a very angry attitude he says what do you want. I say I have a two tee time for my dad and me. He says not on my course. you don't have sleeves. I SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN HERE NUMEROUS TIMES AND ITS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM BEFORE. I ask him if we can work something out it is 90 degrees outside. H E SAYS NO WORKING IT OUT. I say ok I just spent 28 bucks and drove 35 miles to be treated like this. So I let him know I will never play there again. he just scoffs in delight.So after leaving I am wondering how a public golf course with not many patrons survives when the ones who do come get terrible treatment. NOT GOOD BUSSINESS PRACTICES. Unhappy in napoleon.

Response from Bowling Green Country Club on 08/13/2018:
Hello, Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. To clarify, we have a dress code of no sleeveless shirts and no tank tops. We apologize that we missed the mark on our service. In this case, an alternative solution should have occurred. This feedback has been shared with our staff, and we hope that you will have a better experience if you choose to golf with us again.

Fun course to play

The course has always been a favorite of mine. It is only 9 holes but it presents all kind of challenges. The first 3 hole are 2 par 4’s and a par 5.you have to be able to be a good striker of the golf ball. All 3 are legitimate as far as length. The there are 3 par 4’s that are very short but you have to be knowledgeable as far as your club selection off the tee. Then there is one par 3 if average length but you have to carry your tee shot over a quarry. The final hole is just an average par 4 that is usually parable the leaves you wanting to come back again. Ithe greens are some of the best I have ever played on. They hold and the ball rolls smooth. If you’re ever in the area I highly recommend this course . It will be a fun experience.

Great 9 hole course

Great 9 hole course. Greens were some of the best. Staff in the pro shop was very friendly. Love the holes and the water.

The course was in good shape and would be easy to walk if you would like the exercise

Poor

We never even teed off the guy in charge was very rude because my friend was a few minutes lat for tee time. We were perfectly ok with going to back of line and letting those ready to tee off to go first. He wouldnt let that happen and we never got to play we eneded up just leaving and losing money never got a refund do anyone go here its the worst place i have gone .

Response from Bowling Green Country Club on 05/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Bowling Green Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Bowling Green, Ohio area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Friendly little course. Play 9 with my daughter, who's just started playing. We played at good pace. Course was little wet but you will have that beginning of golf season here.

Response from Bowling Green on 05/10/2018:
Hi Daniel, Thank you for leaving Bowling Green a 4-star rating. We're glad that you enjoyed playing golf with your daughter. We have youth clinics for girls from ages 8-16. These clinics are held at the Dixie Driving Range. A good pace of play counts as a successful day in our book. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.

I do not recommend

Tom Garcia, the golf shop pro, was extremely rude and pushy. He treats anyone who is a non member like a child and with zero respect. The course was in terrible shape. Cart trails and fairways were also in very poor condition. I would NOT recommend this course to anyone!

Club Pro Tom Garcia is Terrible

Our group had almost the exact same experience as Corey Canaday. The club pro yelled at us like we were children bc we are non members. I've never been treated this terribly at any golf course in my life. One of us dropped our cell phone back on the 3rd hole and when we went back to retrieve it Tom screamed at us.(No other golfers in sight) Instead of explaining a safe route to the 3rd tee box, Tom instead yelled at us and told us to "get out of here". I tried to speak with him in his office and he again belittled me. I told him I would be writing a review and he said he did not care. Funny, bc I wrote a review on their Facebook page and 10 mins later they took their Facebook page down. I will also say, they refuse to serve hot food to non members and you will see flooded bunkers and other poor conditions here.

No go

This course is very poor and the "country club" title is very deceiving. This course layout is very boring and the course is not in very good shape. The manager on duty is always in a terrible mood and not very welcoming. Customer service is very sub par. Even with a hot deal I would stray away and play Forrest Creason for a cheap round or Stone Ridge for an all out experience.

Nice course!

No complaints here. Good course and super cheap.

Great greens

Great for a quick tune up. Greens and areas around greens are fantastic.

The course setup

They say it's an 18-hole course when really it's just 9 holes that you play twice from a slightly different tee box the second time around.

Cheaper golf course

good course for a cheaper rate. It is a bit crowded in weekends.

Great play

Course was a little wet but that's because of all the rain we have got in the past 2 weeks

nice 9 hole golf

nice course was surprised at location in town. thought it would be small and narrow but was large and friendly.

Bowling Green, Ohio
Bowling Green, Ohio
Waterville, Ohio
North Baltimore, Ohio
Toledo, Ohio
Swanton, Ohio

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!