Chardon Lakes Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Silver 71 6186 yards 70.4 129

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Out of the way gem"

motchka's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Located 60 min east of Downtown Cleveland (though only 30-40 min from my house). Stonewater, Manakiki, & Pineridge are all just 15 min from me but I'll take the additional time & gas to go to Chardon. The staff is friendly and informative and you don't spend more than 2 minutes checking in at pro-shop or grabbing beverages & food. Starter keeps the pace of play moving. There's plenty of challenge with the woods, creeks and ponds. Course is in great shape with lush grass well maintained in the fairway and rough is long enough to challenge but not frustrate. Sand traps not overly deep with sand but never hard as dirt. Greens are healthy. Do yourself a favor and try the course and follow it with a great lunch, dinner or just cocktails on the large patio at Bass Lake Inn just next door.

Response from #ChardonLakesGC on 07/13/2018:

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback! On behalf of our staff, we truly value your dedication to playing at Chardon Lakes Golf Course. We can't wait to welcome you back for another round soon!<br/>

"Put the Senior Tees back where they were!"

Ben8589932's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

First of all, put the senior tees back where they used to be. It completely changed the course for us. We will check with you on that next time before making a tee time. They were just too far back to be any fun.

We played with a bunch of new people who had never been there, and I kept asking where are the ”Lakes”. They have renamed your course Chardon “No” Lakes.

You also need to fix your privacy policy screens for mobile devices. I got into it, but then could not get out of it.

"Super slow"

Randy3076163's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

Play the course often. It’s a nice layout and normally in good shape

Pin placement and inconsistent green speed made some of the greens laughable

It took forever to play. Over an hour and a half to play the first 4 holes. I am sure the amusement park greens didn’t help but never saw a ranger trying to move people along. I also saw a group of 6 but maybe they paired up because it was so slow. Who knows.

I like the place I will go back but it was disappointing

"Worth my drive and then some"

David1087946's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Live on the westside, but wanted to try a new course and since it was rainy, this one was wide open on GolfNow.

Played as a single from the back tees and it was a challenge. Despite constant rain, the course was firm in most places and greens were receptive but rolled quick and true. With dry weather, you can tell the greens will be fast. Used GPS to account for never playing before and lots of blind shots.

Par 3s are challenging in length (185-220 uphill). Par 4s were largely interesting except for a few - but I appreciate straight and 350 off the first tee to get some swings in. Range is 1 min offsite.

Overall - loved my round. Lots to consider on this course and it sure wasn't an easy one. Tips play long on a lot of holes and I used a lot of long irons in my round. Pleasant change, worth the hour drive, would be back.

Response from #ChardonLakesGC on 06/28/2018:

David, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Chardon Lakes Golf Course, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us and we can't wait to welcome you back for many more in the future. Thank you for choosing our course!

"Great day great course!"

denny333's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

The course is in perfect shape. Even with rain in the morning the greens were speedy and true. Pace of play was faster than usual in that we finished in less than 3.5 hours.

Response from #ChardonLakesGC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the great feedback and 5-star review! We truly value your comments and hope you enjoyed your day with us recently at Chardon Lakes Golf Course. Come back again soon!

"Nice course."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

A course is a course of course of course, but no one can golf on a course of course, that is of course unless that course is the course of Chardon Lakes.

- Dad

Response from #ChardonLakesGC on 06/18/2018:

Thank you for the great review, Dad! On behalf of our staff at Chardon Lakes Golf Course, we truly appreciate your 5-star review and hope you had a great round with us this past Father's Day weekend. Come back soon and be sure to visit us on Facebook to see your review shared on our page!

u242016531's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

Response from #ChardonLakesGC on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review! Our staff at Chardon Lakes Golf Course truly appreciates your review, and we hope you enjoyed your round. Play again soon!<br/>

"Course conditions present challenge"

cigarmanraf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Great place to get away from it all. Still have problems with a few hole designs. And Tee boxes, specifically between Gold and Silver, really need to be a little more logical on several holes. #5 comes to mind.

"Great course conditions and professional staff"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Always a fun course with challenging holes. Pace was slow at first but we skipped a few holes and then pace was great.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 05/10/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! On behalf of us at Chardon Lakes Golf Course, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope you had a great day with us. Tee it up again soon!

"No sand in bunker"

sayan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

This is one of our favorite course, Conditions are always top notch except the bunkers. These are dirt pits. You have to chip out of these. Fortunately these are not deep.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 05/23/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to share your feedback. On behalf of our staff, we value your comments regarding the bunkers so we may share them appropriately for any future improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing at Chardon Lakes Golf Course, and we look forward to seeing you this season!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Chardon Lakes Golf Course, we truly appreciate your review. Come visit us again soon!

LORIDAWN56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 12/11/2017:

Thank you for playing Chardon Lakes Golf Course! Come back again next season.

"Enjoyable Challenge"

Andrew1897371's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Chardon Lakes is not going to disappoint. It has excellent fairways, well kept (and plentiful) sand traps, and challenging greens. You’re doing well if you two putt. The rates I paid online saved a bunch on green fees. Pace of play is great. Played 18 holes in a little over three hours on a Saturday afternoon. I have never felt rushed or had to wait much.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 10/05/2017:

Awesome! Sounds like you had the perfect day of golf, Andrew. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at Chardon Lakes Golf Course and we hope to see you out here again soon.

"First time, but not the last!"

Jenny5683452's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I am so spoiled now that I've played at Chardon Lake, its an awesome course!!!

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/28/2017:

Thank you, Jenny! Book another tee time with us soon.

"Carson Lakes"

knotrocket's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Wonderful condition, great service, terrific value. They obviously care about their course and pace of play.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/26/2017:

Thank you for taking notice in how much we care about the golfers who play here by providing great course conditions and pace of play. We hope to see you again soon!

"Best starter we've had all season!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Best round of golf this season! Extremely friendly starter who was kind enough to send us out ahead of a group of 4 -3's! Course is in excellent shape! Can't wait to play again!

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/26/2017:

Awesome! We appreciate your great review. Come back and see us again soon.

"FALL DAY AT CHARDON LAKES"

iam576's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

The course was in very good shape. The green are challenging. Some holes are open and straight froward. Some are very interesting with blind shots and position requirements. The greens held shots very well.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our challenging and fun layout. Be sure to book another round with us soon.

"Unfortunate experience"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
Used cart Verified Purchaser

I went to play with my wife and son who was visiting from New York and likes to play golf when he visits. I payed for 3 nine hole rounds knowing that my wife would play very little but wanted to come along and we would need 2 carts. After teeing off on the first hole we were approached by a ranger and told that my son could not play without having his own clubs and that we would need to rent a set of clubs for him. I admit I was very irritated as we have played at 4 other local golf courses without my son having his own clubs without incident. I don't agree with the policy but understand why they have the policy. This occurred at 3 PM on labor day so the course was was not busy. So I went back to the clubhouse and was informed that it would cost $40 to rent the clubs for 9 holes. That I could not justify in any manner. Thats just too much. This isn't South Beach or Myrtle Beach. So I did not play but lost the $10 convenience fee paid to Golf Now. I very much like the course and will go there again. But I think that management should certainly review the policy and cost of renting clubs.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/20/2017:

Thank you for choosing Chardon Lakes Golf Course. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the miscommunication. Unfortunately, you were given the wrong rental price. It should have been $20 to rent clubs for 9 holes and you were given the 18 hole price by mistake. We do apologize for approaching you after the fact and if you were made to feel uncomfortable in any way.<br/> <br/> Sorry for the inconvenience in regards to the rental club policy but that has been a rule for a long time and we don’t lift it based on the number of players on the course. It speeds up play and we are very sensitive to pace of play at all times. We hope that you will return and we hope to make your next visit a more pleasant experience.

"Good shape!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Played on the golf now rate. Very happy to play there for the cost. Usually over $50 on the weekend. A little pricey for the shape and pace of play at this course. Our experience was fantastic. Would always go back with the golf now rate.

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

We're happy to hear that you find our golf course to be a good value. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"A good time"

Jmb23's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Course was in good shape the greens were running smooth and true with some speed...pace of play got real slow on the back

Response from Chardon Lakes Golf Course on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for your review and 4-star rating. We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal on the back nine but hopefully it didn't take away from the overall enjoyment of the round. See you again soon.