River/Maple at Fowler's Mill Golf Course

Fowler's Mill Golf Course
Silver 71 5623 yards
Scorecard for River/Mapple
Gold M: 69.7/119 428 369 350 184 521 429 374 191 550 3396 351 393 516 150 389 358 332 325 175 2989 6385
Black M: 68.4/118 411 349 338 166 505 405 351 168 544 3237 351 393 516 150 389 358 332 325 175 2989 6226
Silver W: 69.2/117 329 324 323 152 476 351 287 149 526 2917 260 377 415 145 376 349 317 315 152 2706 5623
Red W: 66.1/111 325 320 320 152 470 350 285 149 520 2891 260 377 415 145 376 349 317 315 152 2706 5597

Year Built 1971
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Pete Dye (1971) Roy Dye (1971)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.All players are required to wear collared shirts at all times.Slacks, shorts or skirts must be hemmed and in good condition.Tank tops, swimwear, cutoffs, gym shorts are not acceptable.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2017 #16) (2016 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #20)

Entertaining Clients 15

Great course!

The course is amazing! The only reason I withheld giving it 5 stars was the fact that the greens had just been aerated. I wish I would have known this before. We also had to play lake/maple because river was closed for aerating.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 10/16/2018:
Brent, we appreciate the 4-star review and kind feedback. We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our recent aerification but hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back for an even better round soon!

Great layout

Course was in good condition. Greens were true. plays long for ladies.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and positive feedback, Sue! We hope you had a great round with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back soon.

Jim

Very challenging course. When I go to chesterland each year I always play this course. Enjoyed it alot.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/26/2018:
We appreciate your dedication to playing at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, as well as your 5-star review! We hope you had a great round with us and come back soon.

Great layout. Course was very wet due to rain the day before but the greens were fast and true.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/10/2018:
Thanks for the 4-star review! We appreciate your understanding regarding the wet course conditions and look forward to having you back at Fowlers Mill Golf Course for an even better round soon.

Pete Dye challenging course

This a course with some really memorable holes. You will find one of the best par 4's in the area (hole 4) along with a number of fun and challenging holes throughout. Not a bunch of bells and whistles to the place, but you get a real flavor of strategic golf.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/27/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review. On behalf of our staff, we're glad to hear you enjoy our course layout and challenge. Come back for another round at Fowler's Mill Golf Course again soon!

Nice course. Layout and hole design is tough but fair. Played green tees-my handicap is 13 and this was all I wanted. Course was wet from rain day before, so no roll. Greens not fast. Usual public course conditions with slot of divots, improperly or non fixed ball marks which takes away the golf experience

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the wet course conditions, but your comments regarding divots have been shared with our staff for any potential improvements. We hope to have you back at Fowler's Mill Golf Course for a better round soon!

Awesome Course. Challenging, But Fair

This was my first time playing this course, and I must say that is was worth the drive and money.

Course is not overly difficult, if you know where to put the ball off the tee, which is hard when if you are playing the course for the first time. The tee shots, and a lot of the iron shots, require good positioning.

Fairways were in great shape. Greens were in great shape as well. Lots of breaks, depending on pin positions. When I played, they put the pins in some pretty tricky spots.

Overall, I was glad that I spent the time and money to golf here. I would be happy to go back!

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 08/14/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we're glad to hear your first round with us was a success. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon! Be sure to like us on Facebook to see your review shared on our page: https://www.facebook.com/FowlersMillGC/.
Response from #FowlersMillGC on 07/26/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars! Come back to Fowler's Mill Golf Course for another great round soon.
Response from #FowlersMillGC on 07/24/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we are sorry to see your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback on your experience so we may work on any necessary improvements and hope to have you back for a better round soon.

Great day

This is fun, challenging course to play. Be aware, the fairways are somewhat narrow and, of course, the devious Pete Dye greens but this course is everything it was advertised to be. It is the real deal.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 07/24/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us and we can't wait to welcome you back to Fowler's Mill Golf Course again soon.
Response from #FowlersMillGC on 07/13/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars! Come back to Fowler's Mill Golf Course for another round soon.

One of the best in Greater Cleveland

Must play if you haven’t, must play again if you have. Once you pull into the parking lot you know you’re in for something special. Great layout, always in good shape. Better hit it in the fairway otherwise you’re not scoring here. Greens are sizable and fair. Not too fast but not slow. #4 on the “lake” 9 is the signatures hole with a big lake on the right side. 9, and 9 have a split fairway bisected by the chagrin river. Overall it’s a must play if you’ve yet to venture to Fowler’s.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 07/16/2018:
Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave us 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we truly value your feedback and recommendation as we are committed to providing our customers with a great golf experience. Come back soon!

Worth a drive

Nice overall course with good conditions. Worth a drive to play.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 05/31/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope you had a great round. Tee it up with us again soon!

The course was in great shape especially for the start of the season. Greens were not rolled but they were still playing nice. Pace of play was fantastic because it was pretty much wide open. Everybody was really nice. It's a great course to play we will definitely be back.

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 05/23/2018:
On behalf of us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we truly appreciate your feedback and 5-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fairways and greens were excellent. Some areas off the fairway needed work but considering how bad the weather has been, the course was in great shape.

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 05/15/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars and kind feedback. On behalf of us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we appreciate your comments and understanding regarding our course conditions. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for another round soon!

Best Course in NE ohio

Fowler's Lake/ River is a true Gem. Great layout, well maintained and a pleasure to play. Please cut the high growth between 2 & 8 , like they used to do years ago. It speeds up play! If I had to play one course every day it would be this course!

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for the kind feedback and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we truly value your review and dedication to playing our course. We hope you had a great round with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back for another round soon.

Fowler's Mill

Very nice established course! Many holes nicely challenging! Will definitely play again!

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 10/30/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 10/27/2017:
Thank you, Chris!

Maple at Fowlers

The course and greens were in great shape. Greens ran very true. The layout of the Maple course is wide open but the rough is very deep. You stay in the fairways and you can score well, but if you get into the rough, you will have a tough day. Little overpriced at over $20 for 9 holes senior walking.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 10/30/2017:
Thank you for your review and also for the helpful tips regarding the rough for any future golfers of Fowlers Mill. Be sure to Like us on Facebook or join our email club for the latest course news and specials.

Fourth hole always a bee yatch!

What can I say? And eats my lunch every time I come here. That's what makes it so fun!

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 10/24/2017:
Thanks for the 4 stars! We're glad that you're always up for the challenge. Tee it up with us again soon.
Chardon, Ohio