Fowler's Mill Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Pete Dye (1971) Roy Dye (1971)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.All players are required to wear collared shirts at all times.Slacks, shorts or skirts must be hemmed and in good condition.Tank tops, swimwear, cutoffs, gym shorts are not acceptable.

Entertaining Clients 15

Guy behind the counter.

The guy behind the counter was less than friendly. Told us it was 74 dollars. I said that it was 55 dollars. He asked me if I knew it was a holiday. I told him yes and that I booked it on golf now and then he asked for confirmation which I provided.
The starter had no tee sheet and told us to figure out with the other groups who was on the tee.
At the turn there was no food ready because the girl had not come in yet.

The worst place of play that I have ever seen

If you got 6 hrs to waste then play it. Why even have a ranger if he cant or wont or dont know how idk to tell groups to pick the place up. Comon it's a decent coarse and your pace of play sucks. Fire the ranger and get someone out there to move it along. The only free 9 hole coarse left in America buhl park with little kids even playing has a better pace of play then this coarse. Wow as slow as the pace of play is ot should only coat 25 bucks for 18 and a cart . Good luck everyone

u0000057526
Commented On 08/18/2019

Sounds like someone had a bad day and blames the course & employees for his 120 score. Have played Fowlers many times and it has never taken 6 hours.Take a lesson and learn how to spell !!!!

Great Course, Horrendous Pace

This course is one of the best in Cleveland, in terms of condition and layout. The pace of play, awful. The staff does nothing to help the pace! My most recent round took 5.5 hours with a 9:30 tee time. If you have all the time in the world, good course to play. Otherwise, the frustration of a slow pace will make this a miserable round for golfers of any skill.

Immaculate Course, but...

I give a 5 star rating solely because the course itself is awesome and a must play and the golf course deserves that recognition. If you're all about the golf and have unlimited time with no regard for pace of play, Lake/River is one of the best public courses I've been on anywhere. Range balls were included in the price. Greens and fairways were perfect. Bunkers were well-groomed. Rough was evenly mowed and playable, but not easy. The course layout is fair, challenging, and interesting. That's why the golf course gets five stars. However, the pace of play was unacceptable. The course was cart path only and tee times were staggered only 8 minutes apart (needs to be spread out at least 12 minutes if cart path only). My tee time was 8:22am, and by that time in the morning, groups were already behind at least 10 minutes. I think we actually teed off around 8:35am. It was 8:55 when we finished the first hole. The only moisture on the course was the typical morning moisture. By around 11:05am when we were making the turn (yes you read that right), the course was completely dry. Our weather was 78 degrees, sunny, with a steady breeze. Absolutely no need for cart path only at that point. Nevertheless, the pro shop didn't send out a message to the rangers or anyone allowing us to go off the cart path. It took over five hours to finish the round (we finished around 1:35pm). In all that time, there was also no beverage cart or water coolers around the course. Not fun playing over five hours in the heat when your only chance to quench your thirst is at the turn. If you're coming from Cleveland, it will probably take you at least 40 minutes round trip to get to the course. Leaving yourself time to hit some range balls, this turns into a 6-7 hour golf day (I left my place at 7:05am, got home at 2:15pm).
Management needs to do better to pair the overall experience with the quality of the golf course.

Dye Masterpiece!!!

Fowler's Mill G.C. is truly a must play course if you have not experienced this gem in Chesterland! Personally what I want when I play is a challenging but fair course, excellent course conditions, and a fair price. Fowler's checks all the boxes. Best greens and fairways I have played this year. Pace of play was average for a busy Saturday morning(4.5hrs.)Friendly staff adds to the experience!! Fowler's Mill is definitely a top 5 public facility.

This is one of the best courses in Ohio. Hands down. A Pete Dye masterpiece.

Great course good value

Pete Dye designed course. Probably a top 5 public course in NE Ohio. I highly recommend you play it some time.

Fowlers Mills golf course is one of the top courses in the area. The course layout is great and the greens were fantastic. The overall conditions were exceptional!

Good track

Great track, but it can have pace of play issues if at all busy and they upped their prices for this season. You could find weekday 18hole rates last season for like $35.

Great course!

The course is amazing! The only reason I withheld giving it 5 stars was the fact that the greens had just been aerated. I wish I would have known this before. We also had to play lake/maple because river was closed for aerating.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 10/16/2018:
Brent, we appreciate the 4-star review and kind feedback. We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our recent aerification but hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back for an even better round soon!

Great layout

Course was in good condition. Greens were true. plays long for ladies.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and positive feedback, Sue! We hope you had a great round with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back soon.

Jim

Very challenging course. When I go to chesterland each year I always play this course. Enjoyed it alot.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/26/2018:
We appreciate your dedication to playing at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, as well as your 5-star review! We hope you had a great round with us and come back soon.

Great layout. Course was very wet due to rain the day before but the greens were fast and true.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/10/2018:
Thanks for the 4-star review! We appreciate your understanding regarding the wet course conditions and look forward to having you back at Fowlers Mill Golf Course for an even better round soon.

Pete Dye challenging course

This a course with some really memorable holes. You will find one of the best par 4's in the area (hole 4) along with a number of fun and challenging holes throughout. Not a bunch of bells and whistles to the place, but you get a real flavor of strategic golf.

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/27/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review. On behalf of our staff, we're glad to hear you enjoy our course layout and challenge. Come back for another round at Fowler's Mill Golf Course again soon!

Nice course. Layout and hole design is tough but fair. Played green tees-my handicap is 13 and this was all I wanted. Course was wet from rain day before, so no roll. Greens not fast. Usual public course conditions with slot of divots, improperly or non fixed ball marks which takes away the golf experience

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the wet course conditions, but your comments regarding divots have been shared with our staff for any potential improvements. We hope to have you back at Fowler's Mill Golf Course for a better round soon!

Awesome Course. Challenging, But Fair

This was my first time playing this course, and I must say that is was worth the drive and money.

Course is not overly difficult, if you know where to put the ball off the tee, which is hard when if you are playing the course for the first time. The tee shots, and a lot of the iron shots, require good positioning.

Fairways were in great shape. Greens were in great shape as well. Lots of breaks, depending on pin positions. When I played, they put the pins in some pretty tricky spots.

Overall, I was glad that I spent the time and money to golf here. I would be happy to go back!

Response from #FowlersMillGC on 08/14/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, we're glad to hear your first round with us was a success. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon! Be sure to like us on Facebook to see your review shared on our page: https://www.facebook.com/FowlersMillGC/.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020