A view of the 18th green at Bedford Trails Golf Course

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Collared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

Too many leaves

Great little trace for practice your short game as it has great smallish greens. You can certainly lose a ton of balls in the late fall. They were very busy with back hoes and dozers pulling out stump of trees that were on the perimeter of the fairways. All the while the fairway and light ruffs had enough leaves to lose your drives unless you have them marked really good..Still I really enjoy this course for the money spent.and the staff is very friendly

Fall golf

The course was as expected for fall with aerated greens and fairways. We have always enjoyed this course and today was no exception. You expect a little challenge with fall golf. Would recommend the course.

Very crowded and the grass/dirt is tough.

Playing this course is like playing in traffic. People everywhere and hard surfaces summarize this course. There were people waiting to play, people lined up to tee off, and people waiting to putt on every hole. Some times we had to wait up to ten minutes for the people in front of us to finish (they were waiting for the people in front of them and so on). The course was way over booked, and the grounds are a little too rough. It can be a good value if you catch a cheap deal, but the frustration of their staff mowing while you putt, the trees being trimmed while you chip, or the 82 other people trying to play around you can make the course not worth it.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Bedford Trails Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

The course was ok.

The greens were decent. The fairways were very dry and because of no fairway watering they were extremely hard and dry. Some fairways were tight but a fair layout.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bedford Trails Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Bad Course, Worse People

In 30+ years of golf, I’ve never experienced anything like this place. First, the course itself. Goofy design. If you hit it more than 200 yards or so off the tee, you might as well leave your driver at home. Every other hole seems to dogleg, and instead of turning where you would typically shape a driver shot, any driver hit well will go through the fairway and end up in the trees. And they apparently love to put the holes in the middle of the most severe slopes of every green in an effort to trick up the greens just to make the course seem a little less easy. The course was among the most poorly maintained I’ve ever played. Fairways are virtually indistinguishable from the rough. Bare patches EVERYWHERE, including large sections of the greens. But none of those things are the reasons I’d suggest people avoid this place like the plague. Rather, it’s the terrible staff that will keep me from every going back.

When I arrived this morning, there was no starter to be found. The guy in the pro-shop directed me to No. 1 tee, and everything seemed fine. I played the front pretty quickly as a single with basically nobody in front of me. When I made the turn, everything changed. Turned out they’d been sending a league off the back 9. That’s fine; I get it. I’ve run into this before, and my experience has always been that players making the turn basically just merge into line with the folks who are starting on the back. Play tends to slow down a bit, but it works. In this case, however, a player from the league apparently complained to the starter (who had shown up since I went off an hour or so earlier, I guess) because I was sitting at the 10th tee waiting to continue my round. Instead of telling her that I was making the turn and had the right of way to continue onto the back 9, the starter empowered this lady to approach me and basically yell at me that I had no right to go off the back because they have a league and have all the tee times. Now, there was no indication on the website when I made my tee time that I wouldn’t be able to play the back 9. And when the pro-shop took my greens fee, they made no indication that I would not be able to play the back 9. And this woman was very rudely insisting that I get off the back 9 because she was somehow more entitled to start her day there than I was to continue my round. Not wanting confrontation, I headed back toward the pro-shop in search of the starter. When I found him, he told me that I couldn’t play the back 9 because of the league. He told me I should have sought him out and asked to go off on 10 first when I teed off earlier in the morning ... like that’s my job despite having been directed to No. 1 by the pro-shop staff! Then he challenged my integrity, insisting that I couldn’t have teed off when I told him I did because he would have seen me. Nevermind that he was nowhere in site when I paid my greens fee, came out of the clubhouse, loaded up my cart and headed to the first hole at 8:30 a.m. Then he tells me that my only option is to wait until there’s another opening on No. 1 and play the front 9 again ... which might not be for half an hour or more because they had groups lined up to play the front. He was wrong, though; I had another option — to unload my clubs from the cart, get in my car and head home ... vowing to never return again to this course where they clearly don’t know what they’re doing, don’t care about the quality of the course or the experience, and are just happy so long as they’re raking in that sweet, sweet league money.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Hello and hank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Bedford Trails Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Pleasant Course in Trying Times

We are a four some of seniors who enjoy playing different courses. We play about 30 different courses a year. The weather has made most of the courses a bit rough. Bedford Trails is one we play more often than others. All are about an hour drive from where we live (North Hills of Pgh.). BT is not a long course, but it is not a back and forth playground as many courses are. Dog lege, both left and right pop up,; a par 3 fronted by water, sloped greens make a short course more challenging. Almost all are tree-lined.

The personnel who take care of the course from the clubhouse attendants to the starter to the groundskeepers. are all professional and personable to us--contrary to what other golfers might have encountered.

Bedford Trails , right across the PA-Oh line ( and gas is cheaper), is worth the trip. P.S. They also have a frequent player card for future discounts, jr. and sr. rates and golf and food specials.

Tight fairways on the back side

Some of the nicest greens in the area just a tad slower than med. speed but rolled very smooth. Fairways on back are very tight and go right into trees and unplayable lies if you find your ball.The staff is very friendly .it is a nice course with some challenging holes.

Good old school course

Typical old school course, lots of short dogleg par 4s that require a bit of shotmaking off the tee, can't just pull out the driver and bomb away. Small undulating, postage-stamp greens also help make up for the lack of distance, a few are even two-tiered... don't get a above the hole! This is not meant to be a championship course, just a good course to go and enjoy with your friends. Will definitely return, this time with some course knowledge =)

Below average for decent price

First time playing this course. Greens were in rough shape in some spots, as were the fairways. There were times I couldn’t differentiate between the fairway and the rough. I understand it’s been dry, but the course clearly isn’t maintained outside of Mother Nature. Very tight in some spots with a lot of doglegs. Carts are average. Restaurant on site looks good and was packed for breakfast. Beer at the turn was a smidge pricy ($28 for 12 Michelob Ultras). Would rather go down the road a few more minutes and play Knoll Run for a few more bucks.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bedford Trails Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Management has an attitude

I would never recommend playing this course, even if it's free. The older starter was very rude and bothersome.. Hole after hole is nearly the same with mostly no traps,, greens with little definition & some with dead grass. Pace was quite slow. Some golfers dressed like they were ready to mow the lawn - sleeveless tee shirts were not uncommon. Don't waste time or money on this place definitely not worth it.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bedford Trails Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Too many twosomes

Pace of play was slow because of the twosomes playing through after today I will never let anyone play through again. No ranger out there to push the pace along. Super nice course! Cannot beat it for the price to golf there

Bedford Trails

Great course. Unfortunately it’s over ran by senior citizens that play like turtles crossing the road. Not to mention they have no regard for the faster players playing behind them.

slow play today

had large group ahead. Was very slow play. Greens are in very good shape. Will play again, hopefully when not so slow.

Pulaski, Pennsylvania