2.6

Little Mountain Country Club

Year Built 2000
Golf Season March - November
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000) Dana Fry (2000)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes

A true must play course if you plan to play in NE Ohio

Excellent course layout, the conditions were great, the weather was phenomenal, the pace of play was good, and we even had a Jimmy Hanlin sighting on hole #7. I probably have him to thank for the 30 foot birdie putt I drained. For $42 with a cart you really can’t do any better. Will definitely be back.

u0000057526
Commented On 08/28/2019

Sounds like this guy is Jimmy Hamlin's brother or an employee at Little Mountain. Overrated!!

Expected better

I’m really not sure what happened Saturday. I booked my tee time at 9:48am and the starter wouldn’t let my 2 some go out before the “outing” of 5 foursomes even though we were ready and the outing was late to get started. We ended up teeing off at 10:15. The pace of play was the worst I’ve ever experienced there. At the turn I found out why. There was a sixsome two groups in front of me. I alerted the starter. He caught up to the group on the 12th tee and did not break them up. He told me that there were way too many people on the course that day. I’m sorry but that’s not my fault and I specifically get early tee times to avoid 5 hour rounds. I was very disappointed ended up with a 5.5 hour round. The course itself is in good condition and the greens were nice and fast.

Everything was excellent, aside from a twosome in front of us, father son, played extremely slow as the father was attempting to teach his son to play. God conditions. Fast greens everything was cut very good.

Bill from Akron

Little Mountain is a premier course unfortunately last Saturday it was in terrible condition. The greens were freshly irritated and sandy almost unputtable. They failed to indicate this when I booked the TTime. The bunkers were unraked and in poor condition. I know it’s early spring but most courses have done at minimal maintenance to there courses. We will probably not go back until July or August. Hopefully the course will be back to its premier condition.

I don't recommend

My tee time was pushed back without notice. We waited every shot on every hole. We don't like playing 6 hour rounds. I won't play this course again.
They were aerating the tees and they left the plugs. Had to clean an area to tee from. Not to mention the mud on your spikes.

Waited on every hole every shot.
they aerated the tees and left the dirt plugs on the tees. I won't come back

BAD SHAPE

Course is usually in great shape, was surprised to see all the bare spots in the middle of some fairways...
Pace was the biggest issue today, they had a scramble start at 145 and we had a tee time at 151....round took 5hrs since there was no marshal pushing the pace in a best ball scramble...smh
I think courses should post on their website if they are hosting a scramble, and who does a scramble start that late in the afternoon...poor course management with that call...

Great course.

Well maintained and fun to play. The course was in great condition and the pace of play was 4 hours. By the way, at the parking lot they addressed me by my name which was nice because it was my only second time playing there this year. Go play the course! I highly recommend it.

Every year...

Every year I come to the Cleveland area this course is on my rota. Great condition. Fairways are is good shape - a bit wet but fine. Greens are fair but fast. Play it again at the chance.

A gem in Concord, Ohio

A great golf course in Norteast Ohio. Layout is outstanding. Good shots are rewarded while errant shots will cost you. Bunkered throughout the greens rolled true and the fairways are generous. I’ve played in every area of the country and always enjoy returning to this gem.

Steady decline

This course used to be a gem but apparently they aren’t investing in the course anymore. Tee boxes were hard as a rock, rough was patchy and burnt out, fairways were underwhelming. Greens and bunkers were finally in good shape again. On course restrooms were closed and replaced with port o potties. Overall this was very sad to see, this course has a great design but poor management and no investment in the course was evident. Many better courses around for the same or less than little mountain charges. Jimmy Hanlin should be ashamed to have his name tied to this course.

Nice layout

First time playing LM. It was wet, so cart path only...and very slow. The course was in great shape, considering the rains, but the deep bunkers hadn't dried yet, so they are hard to judge. It's a challenging layout for not being all that long. The greens had been top dressed which was disappointing...but they still held well and putted true if a bit slow. I'll give it another try

Getting better very slowly haha

Course was terrible couple years ago, now it’s playable but still lot of work to go for what they charge for a round

Course has rebounded nicely over the last few years.

When Little Mountain first opened in the early 2000’s it was arguably one of the nicest courses not only in this region but in Ohio. At the turn of the decade the course really suffered with awful bunkers, poor greens, and very little effort to improve either. It will never be what it was when it opened but it’s good to see that they have result of many of those issues. Many of the bunkers are now in really good shape, the greens were a little bumpy but that’s expected late in the day after it will never be what it was when it opened but it’s good to see that they have resolved many of those issues. Many of the bunkers are now in really good shape, the greens were a little bumpy but that’s expected late in the day after heavy rain all week. It’s definitely worth playing again after years where it wasn’t worth getting near Little Mountain.

Challenging, yet fair

Easily the fastest greens we've played on all year. Par 70 course, with a great mix of holes. Ive heard that course conditions were great, and they met, if not exceeded, my expectations. Purchased a 4 some HOT DEAL for 854 tee time. Before we teed off (on time), we were let know that there was a full outing at 1PM. This meant that we had to play the round in 4 hours. We finished approached 18 green before 115PM. The course took our carts on the 18th hole to give to outing. I was extremely upset since we had to completely rush to empty our carts before even finishing putting on 18. Our bags were then left by the 18th green with no assistance after. One of our group member's phone was left in the cart. It's a good thing we finished on the green quickly and caught the groups cart who was headed out to their tee box. Course conditions were excellent, however, feeling rushed to finish did not suit me well.

Maybe next time

Always have enjoyed this course. However this was the first time out here this year. Extremely poor course time management. Glad you crammed in a bunch of times you weren’t able to accommodate during an outing. Then letting off people who were late to their tee time ahead of me. In addition to the greens being in poor shape my 5.5 hour round was so enjoyable. Will think twice before booking again.

Embarrassing

I have been playing golf for 50 years and these were the worst greens I have ever seen. Instead of normal aeration, they use a machine that puts deep grooves in the greens in two directions over the entire green. Also, covered with snow mold. Impossible to putt. The fairways were okay except for standing water everywhere and the roughs were way too thick and full of dandelions and weeds. The course was empty and I understand why. I have not played this course in five years because of poor condition, and now it is worse! For your own peace of mind, do not ever play Little Mountain even for free.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020