Little Mountain Country Club

Little Mountain Country Club
Scorecard for Little Mountain
Blue M: 72.3/129 582 155 366 197 413 234 524 341 401 3213 471 369 135 487 155 373 387 552 481 3410 6623
White M: 69.6/124 519 148 327 166 373 206 482 302 382 2905 447 359 123 474 124 360 360 515 452 3214 6119
Gold M: 67.2/117 W: 71.6/124 492 102 315 143 356 185 458 262 356 2669 396 309 100 429 104 303 342 485 417 2885 5554
Red W: 68.3/117 459 81 305 120 336 165 432 225 289 2412 323 280 77 368 91 280 306 463 382 2570 4982

Year Built 2000
Golf Season March - November
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000) Dana Fry (2000)

Fivesomes Allowed Yes

I don't recommend

My tee time was pushed back without notice. We waited every shot on every hole. We don't like playing 6 hour rounds. I won't play this course again.

They were aerating the tees and they left the plugs. Had to clean an area to tee from. Not to mention the mud on your spikes.

Waited on every hole every shot.

they aerated the tees and left the dirt plugs on the tees. I won't come back

BAD SHAPE

Course is usually in great shape, was surprised to see all the bare spots in the middle of some fairways...

Pace was the biggest issue today, they had a scramble start at 145 and we had a tee time at 151....round took 5hrs since there was no marshal pushing the pace in a best ball scramble...smh

I think courses should post on their website if they are hosting a scramble, and who does a scramble start that late in the afternoon...poor course management with that call...

Great course.

Well maintained and fun to play. The course was in great condition and the pace of play was 4 hours. By the way, at the parking lot they addressed me by my name which was nice because it was my only second time playing there this year. Go play the course! I highly recommend it.

Every year...

Every year I come to the Cleveland area this course is on my rota. Great condition. Fairways are is good shape - a bit wet but fine. Greens are fair but fast. Play it again at the chance.

A gem in Concord, Ohio

A great golf course in Norteast Ohio. Layout is outstanding. Good shots are rewarded while errant shots will cost you. Bunkered throughout the greens rolled true and the fairways are generous. I’ve played in every area of the country and always enjoy returning to this gem.

Steady decline

This course used to be a gem but apparently they aren’t investing in the course anymore. Tee boxes were hard as a rock, rough was patchy and burnt out, fairways were underwhelming. Greens and bunkers were finally in good shape again. On course restrooms were closed and replaced with port o potties. Overall this was very sad to see, this course has a great design but poor management and no investment in the course was evident. Many better courses around for the same or less than little mountain charges. Jimmy Hanlin should be ashamed to have his name tied to this course.

Nice layout

First time playing LM. It was wet, so cart path only...and very slow. The course was in great shape, considering the rains, but the deep bunkers hadn't dried yet, so they are hard to judge. It's a challenging layout for not being all that long. The greens had been top dressed which was disappointing...but they still held well and putted true if a bit slow. I'll give it another try

Getting better very slowly haha

Course was terrible couple years ago, now it’s playable but still lot of work to go for what they charge for a round

Course has rebounded nicely over the last few years.

When Little Mountain first opened in the early 2000’s it was arguably one of the nicest courses not only in this region but in Ohio. At the turn of the decade the course really suffered with awful bunkers, poor greens, and very little effort to improve either. It will never be what it was when it opened but it’s good to see that they have result of many of those issues. Many of the bunkers are now in really good shape, the greens were a little bumpy but that’s expected late in the day after it will never be what it was when it opened but it’s good to see that they have resolved many of those issues. Many of the bunkers are now in really good shape, the greens were a little bumpy but that’s expected late in the day after heavy rain all week. It’s definitely worth playing again after years where it wasn’t worth getting near Little Mountain.

Challenging, yet fair

Easily the fastest greens we've played on all year. Par 70 course, with a great mix of holes. Ive heard that course conditions were great, and they met, if not exceeded, my expectations. Purchased a 4 some HOT DEAL for 854 tee time. Before we teed off (on time), we were let know that there was a full outing at 1PM. This meant that we had to play the round in 4 hours. We finished approached 18 green before 115PM. The course took our carts on the 18th hole to give to outing. I was extremely upset since we had to completely rush to empty our carts before even finishing putting on 18. Our bags were then left by the 18th green with no assistance after. One of our group member's phone was left in the cart. It's a good thing we finished on the green quickly and caught the groups cart who was headed out to their tee box. Course conditions were excellent, however, feeling rushed to finish did not suit me well.

Maybe next time

Always have enjoyed this course. However this was the first time out here this year. Extremely poor course time management. Glad you crammed in a bunch of times you weren’t able to accommodate during an outing. Then letting off people who were late to their tee time ahead of me. In addition to the greens being in poor shape my 5.5 hour round was so enjoyable. Will think twice before booking again.

Embarrassing

I have been playing golf for 50 years and these were the worst greens I have ever seen. Instead of normal aeration, they use a machine that puts deep grooves in the greens in two directions over the entire green. Also, covered with snow mold. Impossible to putt. The fairways were okay except for standing water everywhere and the roughs were way too thick and full of dandelions and weeds. The course was empty and I understand why. I have not played this course in five years because of poor condition, and now it is worse! For your own peace of mind, do not ever play Little Mountain even for free.

Challenging course

We've played here many times over the years and still enjoy the challenge! The course still seems to have some water issues on certain holes but overall, it was in good condition.

Becoming one of my favs

The course has great character and really nice views..played as a 2some and got done with the front in 1.5 hrs ran into a 4some on the back which slowed us down a bit but still got done in good time..the bunkers were in great shape the greens were rolling nice fast and true! The tee boxes could use a little work the fairways were in good shape..a great course over all and the staff is very friendly

Response from Little Mountain Country Club on 09/26/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Little Mountain Country Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that you had a friendly experience with our staff and that you enjoyed the scenic course layout. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was a little slower on the back 9 holes, but It sounds you had a great overall customer experience. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Cleveland area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bad experience

I used to love Little Mountain. I considered it one of the top courses in the area and I hadn't played there in a couple of years. After my experience yesterday I most likely will not be back.

We were a twosome who arrived early to use the range. We were informed at the pro shop that the range was closed due to heavy rain the night before. Understandable. After chipping and putting for 20 mins we were ready to tee off, 30 minutes ahead of schedule. The starter informed us that there was a threesome ahead of us. I said that we're only 2 so we'll be faster. At that point one of the threesome said we could go ahead. The starter then said that we were paired up with another twosome. Of course they weren't there yet but he insisted on sending the threesome ahead of us. We were waiting on every shot... 5 hours for a round. The threesome never acknowledged us to play through and there wasn't a ranger to be found.

I've worked at a golf course so I understand tee times. But use a little common sense. A twosome will ALWAYS play faster than a threesome. And to not have a ranger is inexcusable.

Very friendly staff and great course conditions

I had not played the course since last year. I must say the maintenance of the sand traps has vastly improved. The greens and fairways were in great shape. The pace was very slow but at least there was a ranger out trying to speed up the play.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019