Walnut Run Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Silver 72 4816 yards 67.7 109

Great for advanced golfers locals   Challenges include narrow fairways water hazards

"Weeds"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Last played this course 8 years ago. It was decent back then so I thought I would try it out for something different. Well...it looks like it should be closed because it looks like it has been let go BIG TIME!!

Weeds on The Tee boxes, no sand in the traps, fairways are terrible. Greens were decent. Will not return. Not even worth the 14 dollars I spent for 18 holes.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 06/11/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Walnut Run, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of our course. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns.

"A Long Way To Go"

Don7590462's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

The only thing I can say that is positive about this course is the conditions of the greens which were good. A little bumpy given it being early in the season but generally good. But as good as the greens were, the rest of the course was bad. Perhaps the worst tees and fairways I have seen in a long while. And if they get rid of the weeds, there will be even less green vegetation on the tees and fairways. It was not worth the ride, the time and as amazing as it may sound, the $10. And given it is early in the season I'm satisfied with just getting a chance to hit it and clear out the cobwebs.

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 05/11/2018:

Hello Don, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Walnut Run Golf Course, in the Trumbull County area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Greens are in great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

The course is in good shape overall. The tee boxes need some work, but the greens were in really good shape.

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 05/10/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for leaving Walnut Run Golf Course a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout. Your comment regarding the tee boxes. We will address this with our management team. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next tee time with Walnut Run Golf Course.

"Greens in excellent condition!"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Course has alot of fun holes. This is a hidden gem!!

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 05/09/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. It is always exciting when you find a hidden gem in your area. We are happy to have met your overall expectations. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next tee time with Walnut Run Golf Course.

"Great course"

golfinisthebest's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Glad to see the changes that needed made years ago are now being made with the new ownership.. this course will thrive now that there is new owners

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 05/18/2018:

Hello,

We are honored that you left Walnut Run Golf Course a 5-star rating. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us very soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Response from Walnut Run Golf Course on 05/18/2018:

Hello, <br/> We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

mtripp33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

"Hard course a true challenge"

Twiganne's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

When I first arrived it was hard to find the course because it seemed like it was down a little back road. I found the club house to be nice and the staff is very friendly. The cart were nice. I arrived at the first hole and knew I was in trouble. The fairways are nicely cut and although plenty wide enough they are surrounded on both sides with thick trees. This is the way it is throughout the course. It was a challenge for us to not hit that ball in the woods. The greens are very nice.. My only complaint would be that I couldn't find a ball wash until hole 6 and they were far and few between. I would recommend it you love a true challenge. I know I am going to back and give it another try.

u259206246's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

The course was in mediocre shape at best. Greens were good but the rest of the course was very beat up and sloppy. The sand bunkers were all over grown and had zero sand in them. Tee boxes were cut poorly and tore up.

"Great course and well worth the drive."

06Mustang's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016

This course was fantastic! A lot of work being done to it to make it better just be patient with it. The bunkers are a work in progress along with some spots in the fairways and tee boxes. But the really great thing about this course are the greens. Honestly they were the best greens I have seen on any course over the past few years. You can definitely tell where the maintenance money goes to. The layout of the course is like that you would see at a golf community as to where you will see that the course winds it's way through a neighborhood where it just winds around and none of the holes are really stacked on top of each other. This is a really nice course that seems to be like it's doing well and if you can pardon the dust, I think you will have a good time.

Commented on 09/19/2016

Thank you very much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our course and layout. We have worked hard to have the best greens and we will continue to improve the course. Hope to see you out here again soon!

"First Time on Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2016

Great course for a couple of 50 + average players. Course was in good condition and not crowded

"Back 9 packed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016

We play the front 9 in 90 minutes, make the turn only to find out that 2 groups of 3, and a group of 6 teed off from #10. We go to clubhouse to complain and they only have 2 teenage girls working the counter, and their response was we told them to go to hole 1.

Commented on 07/18/2016

I'm sorry you ran into traffic on the back nine. Although we do not have any teenage girls working at our course, all golfers are instructed to start on #1 especially during busy times. We also do not allow 6-somes to play at any time. These issues are dealt with promptly. I apologize for any issues you had and hope to see you on the course again soon!

"Great Bones"

ddawg17's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course is very challenging to play, it has a good variety of holes. The things to watch out for is how hard the ground typically is the greens are awesome, maybe a little slow if anything but they roll very well. The ball runs out nicely on drives and most holes do not take driver out of your hands, and the ones that do are pretty fun to layup you just don't hit it you have to think. The scorecard has good information on each hole which is typical of the myloopgolf scorecards. You shouldn't have any problems finding your way around the course if you follow the signs, however this is not a good course to walk due to several lengthy drives, being that it is built around a residential community.

"No maintenance"

John5413064's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were soaked and full of leaves and goose feces. Been here before and loved the course but the maintenance guys must of quit/were fired. Verrry disappointing

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Walnut run"

bobjones112775's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015

The course is very nice and the staff is great,however the residents that live around the course are rude and unfriendly.They went to a point of calling us names will we were trying to diffuse a situation.Again the staff was great and they understood.

"Challenging"

hirseljma's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course is nice. Not very long, but the narrow fairways, sharp doglegs, and small well protected greens on many of the holes will make it very interesting (for me that was fun...so many Midwest courses are converted cornfields...this one is not!). the staff was very friendly and made sure my cart was fully juiced up and ready to go. The food was good and the cooler of beer helped as the evening was still a bit warm for me. I'd play it again...my only 'issue' was the lack of water dried out the fairways a bit in many spots. The greens were lush and high lobs stuck nicely...so that made up for it.

"Rock Hard fairways"

golfer1948's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Course looked very nice. Course was very dry and fast. I don't recommend to shoot at the greens, ball will roll of. You must play short and have ball roll onto green. Fairways are narrow and tree lined with bunkers guarding greens. This is a very challenging course but a great value.

"Interesting"

Kathy5973883's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015

Well when we pulled into the parking lot I thought oh my goodness this is kinda eerie looking. It was really just the fact that the landscaping just made it look so dark. walking to the pro shop and I lady was sitting here watching TV, and she asked is there something I can help you with? I thought that was kind of crazy. Staff just was not very plesant. The couse was interestingly laid out. Several holes where it will depend on your lay up shot, over creeks, around corners. The fairway was pretty dry, good for nice rolls of your ball though. It was quite interesting how far you may have to drive to get to the next hole. Through a neighborhood and across roads. Would still definitely recommend this course probably very beautiful in the fall.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Wet"

Matt4635307's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015

Great golf for a great price. Stay on the fairway.