1.6
2.4
1 reviews

Year Built 1993
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Steve Burns (1993)

Dress code Collared shirt required

1.5

Ohio State University Agronomy Showcase???

I read that this course is part of the OSU Agronomy program at OSU. Can that be true. Worst course conditions I have every played. Find somewhere else to play for $46. WOW.

Great greens

Very nice layout with a mix of blind shots and straightaway holes. Staff extra friendly and the price is right! The greens were superb. Best I've seen on a public course. For a Michigan grad a little too much scarlet and gray but what are u gonna do? Fun time!

Worth the Drive

Went here since I was playing alone and the tee sheet didn't look packed, was in for a nice surprise. Course was well maintained, staff friendly, range was a + (always good after a long drive).

Course was interesting. Lots of elevation changes, blind shots, etc. For $30 and being out in the country, it was very well maintained. Was a little wet from the night before, but fairways were cut, green held well and rolled true.

Loved about half of the holes, liked the other half. No hole was a throw away and hit darn near every club I had with me. Winds made strategy and club selection important. I will be back for sure.

Top-quality greens

The greens on this course are second to none in terms of quality, there's a clear benefit to being associated with Ohio State's turfgrass program. Tee-to-green conditions are good but not excellent, quite a few bare patches. Staff was excellent and pace of play was quick...would play again.

Ohio Advisor

The Wind (The Horror)

This course is a great layout, but on a very windy day it can become nigh impossible. The elevation changes make it even more challenging. You need to be spot on with your distances. It seems like the wind is into you on every hole (and the starters agree) The greens had good speed but are very difficult to read. It's a fantastic layout, and even with heavy rains the night before, the course wasn't too wet, and they didn't even have us on cart paths only. It's worth the drive from Cleveland. There was a slow group from out of state that was pretty rowdy already at 9 AM, and caused us to tee off late, but the course handled it amazing and took care of our group. Pace was fine once we got out. Fantastic service, great layout and scenery.

Play the wind- not the hills, you need to get the ball to the hole in the air. The wind can add 2+ clubs at times and a wind behind you can become a cross breeze that doesn't help very quick.

Good course layout

The course offers different topography. The greens are challenging with many different breaks. It also has a warm up range.

Excellent

Excellent coarse, I really enjoyed it. Beautiful coarse, cant wait to plat it again. I would recommend it to everyone. I like the blind green. There are very long par 4 holes. I got my first eagle. the coarse is challenging.

Commented on 12/27/2015

Coarse? Really?

On the "must play" list...

This course should be on everyone's "must play" list. Very good course conditions. Changes in elevation, no two holes alike, chance to use every club in your bag. Course is very fun to play.

Well worth the trip

I had heard this course was nice so I drove from Stow and I am very happy I did. I really enjoyed this course it is beautiful. Challenging-lots of blind shots to the green and elevation changes. Staff very friendly, conditions great, not very crowded. I'll make the drive again and strongly recommend this course.

Worth the drive!!!

Long off the blue tees. A lot of 200 yard approach shots for average drivers. Not an easy course. Elevation changes, blind tee shots fast greens. Excellent condition beautiful scenery. Will play again

I was disappointed

I have read and heard good things about this course, so we finally decided to give it a try. When you read the website, you think you are going to visit a little slice of golf heaven out in the country. I will admit that the greens were in very good shape. That said, the pace of play was awful, there was no ranger on the course, and the cart path was loaded with craters that resembled the bunkers dotting the course....deep and frequent. For all the talk about the Ohio State connection with the ag school, I was expecting to see exceptional turf throughout....I did not. We only paid 33 bucks for our round, plus the booking fee, so maybe I have no grounds to complain, but there are a lot of courses out there with better conditions and pace of play. It's sad to see a course like this because it has so much potential....maybe they will turn it around. It has tremendous potential.....just not realizing that potential at the moment.

Commented on 12/27/2015

Finally somebody who tells the truth about this place.

Fun Challenging Track in Good Shape!

The area has obviously gotten a lot of rain. That being said, I was very pleased with the conditions of the golf course...it was not as wet as I thought it would be. It was cart paths only which I knew about before arriving at the course, so I was fine with it. The apparel available in the pro shop/clubhouse was plentiful and high quality.

Dissapointing

Multiple 5 somes on the course with walkers, killed the pace and my round. Pretty dissapointing when the starter drives right past them and I spent $43 dollars.

Hawks nest

Great course. Has never dissapointed in the 10 years I have been playing here. Got a great deal on a weekend. Highly recommend.

Great Value

Course is in great shape - greens rolling true. Fun and challenging layout. Well worth the drive from Cleveland.

Good

Good course layout, pace of play was good. Lots of elevation change.

Course was in good condition...bunkers need some work, but overall good experience....no hot dogs

Great early season condition

The staff is always friendly and very welcoming. The greens are in great shape already and the course is a great challenge for all levels of players.

Golf now unwelcome.

Quote from the starter:
" I'm sick of Golf Now and people like you."

When I showed up early, I was pleased to see the course was WIDE OPEN. NO ONE was waiting to tee off, and NO ONE was booked for the next hour.

Yet....when I asked politely if I could tee off, since there was NO ONE else there. I got a ration of attitude about the fact the I had not paid HIM. And that Golf Now had gotten my money, so I was going to have to wait. For NO ONE.

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.