Style Traditional
Scorecard for Chippewa Golf Club
Black M: 70.9/127 498 204 447 511 220 359 337 317 172 3065 350 433 525 532 178 202 427 392 408 3447 6512
Blue M: 69.8/125 488 175 441 489 212 353 332 301 164 2955 343 422 514 523 164 184 382 384 399 3315 6270
White M: 68.1/121 W: 73.3/127 478 160 383 477 200 313 326 291 137 2765 324 378 507 501 153 158 370 379 348 3118 5883
Gold M: 65.8/117 W: 70.5/122 435 136 359 463 180 253 309 253 121 2509 310 279 446 470 140 148 331 328 338 2790 5299
Red M: 62.7/110 W: 66.2/112 429 130 251 415 128 195 278 215 110 2151 278 279 417 406 97 123 302 249 308 2459 4610

Year Built 1926
Fairways Bluegrass

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2018 #21)

Too easy

Came back in town this weekend and snagged a cheap golfnow deal. Definitely satisfactory considering the deal we received and the course staff is fairly friendly. Golf course is no country club but conditions are pretty solid. Really though the greens while rolling true, are pretty slow and the place is downright easy as heck. Not a bad place for an afternoon but I regularly am in the 80-85 range and easily squeaked out a 76 today. Just don’t hit it in the creek and it’s a breeze

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hi. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Chippewa Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Avoid Tuesday and Thursday

I was sailing around enjoying a really nice round until I got to the 12th tee and caught up with the morning men's league. I saw these guys on the 8th tee as I was going to the second tee. That means they played 4 holes in the time I played 11. The waiting was interminable. It's an inexpensive and fun course to play with an interesting layout and good greens. But don't go on a Tuesday or Thursday.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Had fun

Fun course to play. Got confused on layout a few times but no biggy. Easy to lose balls if you aren’t right in the fairway

Good conditions after all this wet weather. Greens are especially nice. Staff are awesome nice. Great value. I’ll be back.

Well maintained fairways and greens. Nice layout. Course was very wet due to lots of rain prior to our play..Will definitely play again!

Enjoyed it

The course was very wet after several days of spring rain. I thought they might even be closed but it was open and i was surprised how good it was with all of the rain. They were trying hard to get the mowers out and I give them credit for getting the course as good as it was for all the rain. Can’t wait to go back when it’s all mowed and dried out. Highly recommend.

Great condition!

I played Chippewa today. It’s near the end of September… Early fall. The fairways were amazing as were the greens. Many golf courses in the area cut back in the fall it seems. I was very impressed with the condition of the course going into the fall. Pace of play was a little slow today as there was a group of five ahead of us. This course has become one of my favorite in the area.

Dried out

I know this area is going through some what of a drought but the course conditions where terrible. other courses in the area are going through the same thing and they are in a lot better shape. The one saving grace were the greens were nice. The tee boxes were burned out, the fairways were the same in spots. they had a outing just before we played and as soon as the outing was over they pulled the beverage cart and left the player with no ice or beverages.

Response from Chippewa Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Chippewa Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

chippewa was good time

took my dad for a hr drive from Michigan and enjoyed ourselves on our day off ….the golf was pretty flat although I don't view that as a problem other than that the greens were fast and everyone (staff) was nice

Chipawwa Golf Course - Hot Deal

course was great, as was the staff, We got the 6th hole and it began to rain. I booked this as a Hot Deal and when I reviewed the reservation found out it was not refundable. Let me be clear this was Not a course issue.

Warning - read the fine print on Golf Now

Impressed!

I play around the Toledo area and made the half hour drive to try this course and was pleasantly surprised! Played early season and it was a horribly cold windy day but I was very surprised with how good the course conditions were. Excellent cart paths and tee boxes. Small challenging greens and overall fun layout. Great value for the money.

Sweet Deal

I love this course for the price.
Never too crowded and always have a decent round.

Surprised by a pleasant course

This course for being so old and early in the spring was in great shape. Very good grass. Greens were not the fastest but they were very adequate. Speaking of the greens they were pretty small compared to most modern courses due to its age which made it fun and challenging. The course has a unique blend of holes that keep it from becoming boring. The only thing that is odd about it’s layout is that the first and last holes are a little ways from the club house. They also have two par 5’s and two par 3’s back to back which I don’t prefer but it’s not that big of an issue, and that is most likely again due to its age and when it was built. I’m looking forward to experiencing this course again later in the year when it will probably be in even greater shape. Beautiful little gem with challenges but nothing too difficult and just enough character. Par is 71.

Renewed course!!

This course used to be in my “decent country courses” category for the past 7 years up until now. I don’t know what happened but it transitioned into the best bang for the buck! Easily in the top ten public courses for greens conditions and speed within a 30 minutes drive from downtown toledo...I mean these greens were immaculate and speedy...barley could notice a single ball mark. This is now one of my three “go to” courses!

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020