Type Private

Delaware Golf Club sprawls across rolling countryside that lends an idyllic and secluded setting. Donald Ross designed the original nine holes in 1922 and they were later joined by a second nine designed by Michael Hurzdan in 1998. The layout meanders through wooded valleys and ravines. The rolling fairways are fairly wide but they are lined with mature trees and bunkers heavily guard the small, undulating greens. There are also water hazards that come into play on a number of holes. Delaware Golf Club's second hole is notably challenging, it is arguably the toughest hole on the front nine. This par-4 requires not only accuracy in order to avoid the ravine on the left but also distance to carry the lake and remain in the angled fairway. Golfers will be faced with one of the most difficult putts on the golf course if their approach finds the wrong side of the green.

Delaware Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Architect Donald Ross (1922) Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1998) Fuzzy Zoeller (1998)

Dress code Colared shirt required

Entertaining Clients 10

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thanks for taking the time to rate us!

Difficult to find the tee off place

Overall condition of fairways and green was very good. But, the layout of golf course cannot understand due to many crossover the roads and near to houses. Also, some course was very difficult to find the exact location due to no direction of course.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thanks for taking the time to rate us!

Course and greens were in great shape given the time of year. Course never disappoints as it is challenging yet fair.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thanks so much for the 5 star rating! We are so glad you enjoyed your time at the course and we cannot wait to have you back here again soon.

Love the course

First time visiting Delaware and will be going back. Love the challenging layout.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thanks so much for the great review, Stephen. We're so glad you had a great time, and we cannot wait to have you back here soon!

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thanks for the 4 star rating!

Bucket List Must

This course is always a good challenge and we always have a great time. The Donald Ross designed back 9 is a real treat. Despite the advantages in new technology the course holds it own.

Some good things some not so good

The service in the pro shop ruined the entire experience. The greeting was sad. He must have been having a bad morning. July 5th. He did not give good customer service. We asked about range balls and he snapped back and said I don’t have any right now with an attitude no apology or remorse. He was not pleasant and seemed Pre occupied. Just not a great way to treat customers paying $50 each for a round of golf.
Laurie at the snack bar was terrific and friendly as well as the marshal. Course was in really good shape. Overall had a great time, but the initial greeting I at the pro shop was not good, not pleasant, not inviting.

Highly Recommended

This was our first time playing here- the guy in the clubhouse told us that they had "the best greens in Ohio", and I don't think he was kidding. The greens (and really the whole course in general) were in excellent condition. There is water in play on a few holes, and some well placed bunkers that will catch errant tee shots and approaches. Everything considered, the course is just challenging enough to be quite enjoyable.

Good conditions, POOR staff!

First time making a trip to this course and to be honest, the course beat my expectations. It has a very private club feel which is likely due to it used to be in a private club. The course is in great condition from tee to green and the layout wasn’t bad either.

One of the rare aqua driving ranges you will find in the area which is not my favorite but at least they have a range. Surprising they don’t have a better practice area.

The staff…… When we arrive, nobody was behind the front desk. Being a former golf pro myself that has worked at The staff…… When we arrived, nobody was behind the front desk. Being a former golf pro myself, it is a huge no-no. Not only is the register right there but also all of your merchandise. Never seen that before. After about five minutes, the person working decided to show up while on the phone. Based on the bits and pieces of the conversation you could hear, it didn’t seem like a business call. He was more interested in letting us know that he was about to play himself. Little did we know he would be right behind us. Unfortunate for both of us.

Because he was more interested in his phone call, there were no questions about if we knew where we were going or if we knew the carts did not have keys or any of that. I literally came in two minutes later (needed a cart key), and he didn’t even remember that I was there before.

And then to make matters worse, not only did he himself, hit into us at least twice, he would constantly drive the cart around the tee boxes when we were teeing off. We were waiting for the group in front of us which is why he was able to catch us. He should know better than to do something like that. I had to ask him to not do that anymore. He should be above that and no better being a employee of the club. Embarrassing.

Perfect Conditions

Best Conditions across the board for the entire course I have ever seen. Nothing else to say and an absolute steal of a twilight rate for $25.

cut out of woods

this course has everything to offer from a short par 3 to a challenging par 5s its cut out of the woods so you better hit a straight shot... greens are big and for being april were in rather good shape, cant wait to play it again !!

Anonymous

Good value

For the price, it's hard to complain. It's a decent course in a nice area. They were obviously understaffed as the guy at the pro shop was the guy at the bar, but he was very nice.

The problem is the same for golf in general - slow play. I hate it and won't go back to places that tolerate it. Good or bad doesn't matter, just play quickly.

Delaware

Course was in excellent conditon. Very fun and challenging holes.

Closed the course

After a thunderstorm rolled through they sent someone out to tell us the course was closed. The course was not in bad shape. The clubhouse said that the superintendent called in and closed the course. It would have been nice for the super to come look at the course. Course was in great shape and I love this course design.

Beautiful Course

When I played it had been raining for a few days so the course was wet but it was in good condition especially considering how early in the year it was. The differences between the back 9 and front 9 are fun and unique. Only complaint is that Big Tree in the fairway on # 13 ! will play again for sure !

A windy 9 holes!

Course was beautiful with fall colors and in good condition. Great sand bunkers! Critiques? No bar or grill available and I could not get a rain check because we had to leave early.

Tricky, but still great

Great course, need more info on a few holes such as carry distances for instance on 16. From the tee you can not see any hazard, or even know how far the hazard is so if you plan on playing this course for the first time, might want to grab a yardage book. But not a boring hole on the golf course!

greens were about a 10.5 on the stimp meter and the practice green is probably the fastest on the course.

All in all great course will come back again if i can get it for the right price.

Great course, but gimmicky

The Donald Ross nine is fun but three holes ruin it. #11 and #17 both have greens that are on severe slopes that are beyond ridiculous. There is a par 5 on the back that has a large tree in the middle of the fairway 200 yards out, and the fairway is tight so you have no bailout option if you decide not to challenge it. The rest of the course is great. The greens are exceptional for a public course.

Delaware, Ohio
Powell, Ohio
Ostrander, Ohio
Sunbury, Ohio

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.