Glenross Golf Course

1 reviews

Glenross Golf Club seamlessly blends elements of traditional design with more modern features. Formerly known as Tanglewood Golf Course, five new holes were added in an extensive renovation. The original 13 holes were also redesigned from tee to green. The mature oak trees were carefully maintained though and still come into play along the fairways in addition to the hundreds of trees that were added. The gentle hills provide rolling fairways and undulating greens that demand accuracy. There are seven ponds and a meandering creek that come into play throughout as well as some 50 sand traps strategically placed along the greensides. Glenross Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 14th, which requires a carry over water to a small green but the most difficult hole comes earlier. The par-4 fifth has towering trees to the left, bunkers to the right, and a creek crossing the fairway.
Scorecard for Glenross Golf Club
Black M: 71.1/128 410 435 191 545 420 401 423 173 395 3393 380 323 398 425 175 543 349 174 447 3214 6607
Blue M: 68.9/122 384 400 178 531 394 387 388 159 369 3190 360 307 388 392 142 485 318 144 396 2932 6122
White M: 66.0/116 341 360 161 495 363 366 349 135 332 2902 329 299 353 368 137 452 309 125 360 2732 5634
Red W: 68.0/117 305 332 147 465 327 344 295 113 300 2628 297 276 288 319 87 414 278 114 327 2400 5028

Year Built 1968
Golf Season March - November
Architect Jack Kidwell

Entertaining Clients 11

Tee Time Factory

Slow play will ruin any course.

When you churn and burn your tee sheet and just send people out willy nilly with no structure or rangers to get on slow groups to pick up play...you leave after 1 hole as we did.

Got to the second hole with 3 groups on the tee, a group on the green and a group in the fairway.

Spacing out groups isn't that hard....

Having a ranger or 2 driving around all day isn't that hard...

Pick up the pace guys and stop reading your double bogey putt from both sides....

Great course for the value

It had rained overnight, so the course was in perfect condition. I played by myself so they let me out in front of a couple foursomes and I didn't have a problem all day. Greens, fairways, tee boxes all in great shape. Shorter course, but tight fairways make for a challenge. Definitely worth playing here.

February Golf

Nothing to complain about. Played this course for a college tournament and i didnt remember the quality of the course. For February this course was in pretty solid shape. The fairways were in great shape for this time of year and greens rolled true, although we had dew for throughout the day.

Overall solid course with great diversity to the layout.

Nice and open

I wanted to play this course for sometime now. Fall is definitely the time. Price is right and it's not so busy. Clean tee boxes and fairways. Greens rolled fast and true.

Commented On 2016-05-10T21:46:51.000+00:00

Thank you for taking the time to review our course! We're looking great this season, we hope you'll give us another visit!

Golfing

The course was in very nice condition. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pace of play was good and the course offers a wide variety of holes that include some short and fun and others more challening. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented On 2016-05-10T21:49:00.000+00:00

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our course! We work hard to keep conditions great, and we really appreciate hearing that our staff was accommodating! Such a great review, we hope you will visit again this season.

Great Golf Course. Played the white tees should have gone back to blues due to length.

Great track. Enjoyed the facility. Course in great shape. Only " do-over" would be the jump back to blue tees. White which we played was to short. Otherwise a great golf course. We will be back. Thanks for a great round. We will be back.

Commented On 2016-05-10T21:50:40.000+00:00

Thanks so much for the great review! Jump back to those blue tees!! :) We hope to see you again this season.

Nice course. Very pleasant day.

Not difficult, but not a pushover. Doesn't make you work too hard or think too much if you're hitting it well. Can get in some trouble if you aren't straight off the tee, but it isn't super tight. Greens had recently been aireated so that made the putting difficult to take seriously, seemed like the greens otherwise would have been pretty nice. If you are longer it will be a lot of wedges to the green on the 4's. A few places a long iron or hybrid off the tee is the right play. I'll go back in a couple weeks when the greens have healed.

Commented On 2016-05-10T21:51:33.000+00:00

Thank you for the feedback, we hope to see you again in 2016!

Very nice course

First time to play this course. Very nice layout with very few surprises on the course. With one of the hottest days of the year the was no water on course and no beverage cart. Nice pace of play given the fact that there was a large outing ahead of us. Too bad there is no driving range to warm up.

Commented On 2016-05-10T21:52:40.000+00:00

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, we appreciate your business. We hope you'll visit us again soon this season.

old tanglewood

This course is interesting. Many new holes on the back which played much easier and shorter than the front. The front was many if the old tanglewood holes which I remember back in the day. My only complaint was the firm greens. They were not very receptive. Hard for approach shots to hold. Bunkers were also firm. I like soft creekside bunkers. Not here. Fairway bunkers were fine. Overall not bad.

Overbooked!!!

2 players with 2:33 p.m. tee time. Teed off at 2:43, late because ALL the golf carts (84) were being used on the course. They also had triple booked the 2:33 p.m. tee time!!! Really? Waited at least 10-15 min on EVERY hole to play. Left course at 6:40 p.m. without playing the 13th hole. I have been playing for 15 years, and I have an 8 handicap. Never have I experienced such crowded conditions! Traveled from Louisville, KY to play with my brother for his birthday! Very Disappointed! The local drive thru was great!

Great place to perfect some shots!

Close to home easy to get to at last minute of my day

Need serious improvement on pace of play

Were the delayed off the tee because of an outing that was poorly managed. From there it went to worse and after spending more than three hours to play nine holes, I gave up and left with no intention of ever coming back. At least two more pairings didn't even finish nine holes as they were so frustrated of waiting on every hole.

Where is the Lone Ranger?

The greens are very fast and fun to putt. The overall course makes it one you would like to play. Their green fees are on the high side for the overall experience. The course is not so difficult that it would take 5 HOURS to complete. The issue is the so called members have nothing better to do so the play is extremely slow. Never saw a ranger the entire 18.

nice course

beautiful course in excellent condition. Not my cup of tea though. Over 18 holes, I never pulled my 6 iron, 5 iron, 4 iron or 3 wood out of my bag once. The course is in excellent condition like I said but I would prefer some of the holes to be longer to make me use more than 10 clubs from my bag.

Great Shape

Course was in great shape, well manicured. We're from out of town, and mis-judged the time it'd take to get there, showed up 10 mins late for our time, and they still accommodated us though they didn't have to - very nice! Really enjoyed the course.

Awesome layout.

Awesome layout! The greens were perfect. I will be back this year for sure!

Slowwwwwwwwww!

Great course but it was the slowest round of golf I have played in a long time. Three groups in front of us would not let us play through. They took forever. One person hit everyone watched then drove ten feet to the others ball and watched them hit. Course and staff were great. They need a ranger or something to make pace of play a priority.

SSSLLLOOOWWW speed of play

At times there were three groups waiting to tee off on a single hole behind a group that refused to let people play through. Where was the marshall? Very disappointing considering the premium price they are now charging o

A fun course to play

Played in less than four hours. Course was in great shape but suffers from a lot of play and players not repairing divot and ball marks on greens. The only drawback is that there is no practice area.

Great value

I've played this course many times, and I thoroughly enjoy it every time I do. Is there a way to get someone on the course to help with the pace of play? The front nine played very slowly. If the slower groups could just let the faster groups through, that would help greatly.

Delaware, Ohio