Glenross Golf Club seamlessly blends elements of traditional design with more modern features. Formerly known as Tanglewood Golf Course, five new holes were added in an extensive renovation. The original 13 holes were also redesigned from tee to green. The mature oak trees were carefully maintained though and still come into play along the fairways in addition to the hundreds of trees that were added. The gentle hills provide rolling fairways and undulating greens that demand accuracy. There are seven ponds and a meandering creek that come into play throughout as well as some 50 sand traps strategically placed along the greensides. Glenross Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 14th, which requires a carry over water to a small green but the most difficult hole comes earlier. The par-4 fifth has towering trees to the left, bunkers to the right, and a creek crossing the fairway.

Glenross Golf Club

Year Built 1968
Golf Season March - November
Architect Jack Kidwell

Entertaining Clients 11

I play this course a few times a year. It is usually somewhat expensive but they had a good deal on GolfNow. Course was in very good condition given how late in the season and the dry weather. Greens were fast and true for a course in this price range. My threesome had a very enjoyable and relaxing round.

Average at best

(League Play) Staff is pushy, once they have your money they will tell you constantly to speed it up even if pacing a 2hr round of 9. They constantly say snide remarks. They even patronize by driving by and saying “good job” if they think you’re playing fast enough, like you’re a dog. There’s a dead tractor on the course that leaks oil everywhere. The ball washers have been dry all year. The course is in decent shape. One of the drink cart operators is on it. The food area isn’t too bad, beer selection is good.

Great course, awful pace

The good: the course is in excellent shape. Greens were smooth and fair, fairways are great, rough was penalizing but not overly so. This is a fun course to play and very scoreable. Staff was friendly and helpful as well.

The bad: you’d think a Monday morning at a random suburban course in central Ohio wouldn’t be that busy. And you’d be right, except for the four consecutive foursomes in front of me, which I termed “Old Man Monday”. Took me five holes to get through one group, then waited until the turn to get through a second. The third and fourth in front of me never even acknowledged my presence. Finally by the 13th hole I’d had enough. I picked up and headed home. I realize it’s tough going out as a single, but come on, guys. I was playing fast and would have been out of everybody’s way with very little delay for anyone. Instead I was waiting 10+ minutes on every tee box. Kinda ruined a beautiful morning and what would have been a pretty decent round.

Fun course to play

The course was fair and playable but still had plenty of challenge to it. Great condition and a lot of fun.

Has mowing a course been banned this year?

I’ve played Glenross many times over the past decade or so and while the overall course conditions were probably as good as ever I just have to ding the star rating a bit due to how absurdly thick the rough was.

I’ll grant that for a good portion of this golfing season the rain/snow have limited a course staff’s ability to mow as much as they would like but this past week should have been perfect for mowing. I’m not sure if the Glenross staff deliberately made their rough thick or if theyve just gotten complacent/lazy about mowing due to all the moisture we’ve had this year but either way the rough was a bit over the top yesterday.

There were at least a handful of times where my playing partner and I could or find a ball in the rough that would be easily findable in 99% of rounds. Aside from the mowing issue the course was in excellent shape and I’ll definitely be back.

Good Course, But Could Use a Ranger

A decent course; short but you still need to make the shots. Greens are slower than usual but in good shape. As a twosome, played the front nine in about an hour an a half. Then ran into a foursome on 10 that backed up the entire course. These clowns defined slow play - poor cart management, looking for balls in hazards, not playing ready-golf, standing on the tee box chatting away, etc. They refused to let anyone through. Back nine took now the 2.5 hrs. to play. Course could use a Ranger to monitor pace of play.

Tee Time Factory

Slow play will ruin any course.

When you churn and burn your tee sheet and just send people out willy nilly with no structure or rangers to get on slow groups to pick up play...you leave after 1 hole as we did.

Got to the second hole with 3 groups on the tee, a group on the green and a group in the fairway.

Spacing out groups isn't that hard....

Having a ranger or 2 driving around all day isn't that hard...

Pick up the pace guys and stop reading your double bogey putt from both sides....

Great course for the value

It had rained overnight, so the course was in perfect condition. I played by myself so they let me out in front of a couple foursomes and I didn't have a problem all day. Greens, fairways, tee boxes all in great shape. Shorter course, but tight fairways make for a challenge. Definitely worth playing here.

February Golf

Nothing to complain about. Played this course for a college tournament and i didnt remember the quality of the course. For February this course was in pretty solid shape. The fairways were in great shape for this time of year and greens rolled true, although we had dew for throughout the day.

Overall solid course with great diversity to the layout.

Nice and open

I wanted to play this course for sometime now. Fall is definitely the time. Price is right and it's not so busy. Clean tee boxes and fairways. Greens rolled fast and true.

Commented On 05/10/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our course! We're looking great this season, we hope you'll give us another visit!

Golfing

The course was in very nice condition. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pace of play was good and the course offers a wide variety of holes that include some short and fun and others more challening. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Commented On 05/10/2016

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our course! We work hard to keep conditions great, and we really appreciate hearing that our staff was accommodating! Such a great review, we hope you will visit again this season.

Great Golf Course. Played the white tees should have gone back to blues due to length.

Great track. Enjoyed the facility. Course in great shape. Only " do-over" would be the jump back to blue tees. White which we played was to short. Otherwise a great golf course. We will be back. Thanks for a great round. We will be back.

Commented On 05/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review! Jump back to those blue tees!! :) We hope to see you again this season.

Nice course. Very pleasant day.

Not difficult, but not a pushover. Doesn't make you work too hard or think too much if you're hitting it well. Can get in some trouble if you aren't straight off the tee, but it isn't super tight. Greens had recently been aireated so that made the putting difficult to take seriously, seemed like the greens otherwise would have been pretty nice. If you are longer it will be a lot of wedges to the green on the 4's. A few places a long iron or hybrid off the tee is the right play. I'll go back in a couple weeks when the greens have healed.

Commented On 05/10/2016

Thank you for the feedback, we hope to see you again in 2016!

Very nice course

First time to play this course. Very nice layout with very few surprises on the course.
With one of the hottest days of the year the was no water on course and no beverage cart.
Nice pace of play given the fact that there was a large outing ahead of us.
Too bad there is no driving range to warm up.

Commented On 05/10/2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback, we appreciate your business. We hope you'll visit us again soon this season.

old tanglewood

This course is interesting. Many new holes on the back which played much easier and shorter than the front. The front was many if the old tanglewood holes which I remember back in the day. My only complaint was the firm greens. They were not very receptive. Hard for approach shots to hold. Bunkers were also firm. I like soft creekside bunkers. Not here. Fairway bunkers were fine. Overall not bad.

Overbooked!!!

2 players with 2:33 p.m. tee time. Teed off at 2:43, late because ALL the golf carts (84) were being used on the course. They also had triple booked the 2:33 p.m. tee time!!! Really? Waited at least 10-15 min on EVERY hole to play. Left course at 6:40 p.m. without playing the 13th hole. I have been playing for 15 years, and I have an 8 handicap. Never have I experienced such crowded conditions! Traveled from Louisville, KY to play with my brother for his birthday! Very Disappointed! The local drive thru was great!

Great place to perfect some shots!

Close to home easy to get to at last minute of my day

Need serious improvement on pace of play

Were the delayed off the tee because of an outing that was poorly managed. From there it went to worse and after spending more than three hours to play nine holes, I gave up and left with no intention of ever coming back. At least two more pairings didn't even finish nine holes as they were so frustrated of waiting on every hole.

Delaware, Ohio