Formerly known as Spring Valley Country Club.

Valley of the Eagles Golf Club

Year Built 2017
Architect Nicklaus Design (2017)

Golf Simulator Yes
Pitching/Chipping Area No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #14)

Great staff and great course. Need better course documentation on score cards or on tee boxes. First timers experience some confusion. I can’t wait to go back.

Phenomenal routing but there are serious issues

I’ve been meaning to play here for some time and finally did as my home course was closed for aerification. First off, this course should be charging double what I paid and use the funds to fix the absurdly bad cart paths which are literally a joke. That being said, I’m not sure I’ve played a better public course in North East Ohio. Greens and fairways are in as good of shape as a lot of the private clubs in Cleveland and the layout is actually better. The routing is nothing short of phenomenal with only a handful of bad or mediocre holes. Aside from 10, the par 3’s are almost too difficult from the middle tees for anyone that isn’t low single digit but the rest of the course is relatively short and fun with strategic shot value you just don’t see on public courses. The pace of play was brutal enough that I would normally have left after six holes but the course was good enough to keep me wanting to see the next shot. In a few years, with the right management and capital put in improving the cart paths, this place could be truly special. I will be back. Fingers crossed they don’t screw this up.

Great Value

Thursday morning round - great value. $40. No one pushing behind us. Starter Mike is a great guy, always explains everything to you. Clubhouse staff are nice too.

I see reviews saying that staff were rude, well observe basic golf etiquette, don't drive past the white sticks in the ground, and everything will be OK.

In the last 60 days, I have played probably 20 rounds of golf. Valley of the Eagles was in the best condition of any course I have recently played.

Slow play

Played the front 9 in 2.5 hours. Had to leave for other plans. Asked the pro shop for a back 9 rain check. Told me nothing they can do about it. Not one person on the course keeping playing moving along.

Great course, set up very nice, The course is a "golfers" course, in that you need to think about your shot selection. Play within your abilities. Hit the shots you can control, know your distances, and not just spray and pray! That said the course is not tricked up to be difficult just for the sake of it. Nice risk vs reward set up.
The course if very well maintained, the staff is great, and through the Golf now app, was a very much worth the trip. Highly recommended, not just for this area, but work a drive to get here.

Real fun course

Unlike any other course I’ve played in the area, every hole is unique and presents it’s own individual challenge. Greens were especially challenging. Staff was helpful , friendly and accommodating and 15 minute tee times provided the best pace of play I’ve experienced in Covid era. The only complaint would be the cart paths but it’s a weak complaint. Overall a great course to try. I also ordered take out pizza from the wicked slice and took home, again outstanding.

Awesome Views

I’m glad I played with someone who’s been here before my first time. Definitely a place where you need a range finder if you need yardage. I loved to course, surprised it wasn’t more crowded on a Sunday. Its not a cheap course but you see why very soon after arriving.

Course for Every level

If u play from the blacks u can definitely challenge yourself on certain holes. I play from whites and am 58 so perfect distance for me! Cart paths are a mess with the big rocks and forever to some holes! Need sidewalks!

All around fantastic experience

I drove an hour to play here and I would absolutely do it again. There is no other track like it in Ohio. Very challenging course where shot selection matters. The course conditions were amazing. The staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The pro shop, restaurant, and bar are all great as well. It truly was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to go back!

Should have been an enjoyable round, until....

This was our first time playing the course and have to say the facility and the course are really nice! A couple of tricked up holes and some hole routing takes some getting use to, but overall a great course,

Unfortunately our round got sidelined quickly on 14th, when someone came up to us on the 15th tee box and said "I hate to be a buzz kill, but we put a ton of work into the course and you guys are off the cart path. My wife explained that we got caught behind the rope line along the river and were not intentionally off the cart path, which are gravel btw...& he then rudely follows up with "I think you guys know where to drive" Come to find out, this lug head is the course "Superintendent"!

I'm a 2 hdcp and have been playing competitive golf for nearly 30 years & always practice good golf course etiquette, but I have never been scolded or talked down-to on a course, like this a-hole did to us. Not to mention, most of it was directed at my wife, who was not even driving the cart.

I don't what this a-holes name is but he needs a serious course in customer service or they need to muzzle him. I would love to add this course to my and our groups regular rotation but this chump really soured us on this place.

Solid Course by Nicklaus Design

Course completely rebuilt the old Spring Valley Course. The redo created some really unique holes with some elevation change / great use of the property. The use of the creek for strategy is well done. The course is rather new and still growing in.

Still it is a great addition to the Cleveland area public golf scene.

Beautiful

Awesome course, can be difficult for the avearage golfer. Great value well maintained. I will be back for more punishment.

A magnificent course and in superb condition

While the course was very wet due to a morning downpour, the course was beautiful and fun to play. I will drive the 1 hour again to go back and play for $39 any time.

Not worth the money!!

Greens good, tees average, layout strange on 1/2 holes cart paths worst ever and golf carts bad. No plans to return to this course and to make matters worse no food at turn and dining experience after golf was the worst in a long time. 1.5 hours to get burger

The course was in good condition and the pace was good. The guy in the club house was nice and informative. I’ll definitely come back

Grafton, Ohio