High Point Golf Club is a public course in Montague that has been around since 1966. The course has since undergone major renovations but it still retains the original character of the design. The layout is routed between two massive, sparkling lakes. You won't find any parallel holes on this golf course, it provides plenty of space so you don't have to worry about errant drives. High Point is seemingly mild, but don't be fooled by the traditional 6,783-yard layout. There is a surprising amount of bite to this golf course. Each hole presents a unique challenge but what they have in common are the rolling fairways that are subtly contoured. They leave for some difficult and creative approaches. In addition to the golf course, High Point also has a driving range available as well as putting and chipping greens.

High Point Golf Club

Year Built 1966
Architect Gerald C. Roby

Single Allowed Yes

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

This is my third time playing this track. It’s great. I love it. It’s so challenging. All the water hazards. The crazy layout. My only complaint is that they overbook. The pace of play is horrible. They did have a Marshall out there today. It helped a little. He was just to late. Aside from that. I love it. I wish it was closer to me. It’s 45 min away. But it doesn’t matter.

The staff was friendly and helpful .
The course was in very good condition.
It's a fun course !

Great course, makes you every club in your bag. Staff was great as well. A great experience.⛳

Excellent value

Nice course, interesting layout with several water carries. Great staff, good pace of play. Definitely play again.

Play

Course was enjoyable. Could use more signs directing where next hole was.

High Point

This is a very interesting and challenging course.. Tons of water hazards. Par 5’s with sharp dog legs. Club choice becomes critical. Fairways and greens are well maintained. The greens are very challenging. Rate of play is good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. While it can be a trek to get to this northwest corner of the state, it is well worth the effort. I highly recommend this course.

Pretty decent course not bad for the price. Greens were nice , tee boxes could use some work. An overall good experience

High point country club

Very nice course,,not very long for seniors, but very challenging

Amazing layout lousy clientele

I’ll begin with the positives.
This is an amazing layout. It’s one of the most interesting courses I’ve ever played. Doglegs and elevation changes, narrow fairways, and water force the golfer into making decisions on every shot. The blue tees are a challenge, you could play the whites and never need to pull out more than a 5 wood.
The greens are fast and well kept despite the patrons, who, as they do on most courses refuse to do much as acknowledge their ball marks on the green let alone fix them. A few of the greens a multilayered, again forcing the golfer to make choices . Fast and true, with interesting breaks and slopes, terrific greens.
Now the bad; the pro shop has a sign that states everyone must wear a mask in the shop. NOBODY was wearing a mask of practicing any kind of social distancing whatsoever. Including the surly blonde lady behind the counter . I’m not a stickler for the mask thing, but indoors in a small pro shop? Simply irresponsible in a state that was the center of the epidemic.
The two “gentlemen” we played with in gym shorts t shirts and sneakers didn’t belong on any golf course. I don’t care iff you wear cutoff jorts and a tank top to play golf, I do have an issue with golfers using a driver on a 110 yard par 3 and missing the ball the first two swings (not practice swings) . No ettiquette whatsoever, stepping in lines, not carrying markers, teeing off from the forward tees before us on the back tees etc etc etc. These two were only with us for 9 holes at which point we got stuck behind Larry the cable guy and friends taking 30 minutes to play every hole, drinking, weaving their golf carts all over the course, playing bad country on their portable speaker, and muttering under their breath when we finally asked to play through on the 14th. Thank goodness. We finished our round and we’re driving away when we saw drunk camouflage hat guys weaving up the 18th, a full 40 minutes behind us.
Brutal. I’m not a snob. I play everywhere. I play ready golf. But if you cannot hit the ball you should not be in the course. If the cart is a toy, you should not be on the course. If you beer is means more to you than your 7 iron, get off the course.
High Point is too brilliant a layout to be ruined by the slovenly sloppy rude people I encountered. I hope my experience was the exception.
I would like to point out the starter was a genial and friendly gentleman. He denied my request to walk the course with very good reason as I later found out. Some of the greens and tees are more than a quarter mile apart. Still walkable but only if you know where you’re going.

UNSAFE 4 COVID

THEY DO NOT PRACTICE SAFE METHODS!!! They have the proper signs, when I walked in 2 check in the staff AND THE OTHER LOCALS in the club house had NO masked on!!! They do have the proper signs, on the doors, but they DO NOT have masks on !!!!! There were 2 staff members in the club house and 5 (LOCAL) golfers. NONE OF THEM HAD A MASK!!!! This course CLEARLY IS RELAXED WHEN IT COMES TO COVID!!!!! They did not have sanitizer in the pro shop, unlike EVEEY OTHER NJ course I have been 2. I would NEVER go back before a vaccine b/c of this. The golf cart was NOT cleaned (pic attached). I asked about it and the “starter” said ... “I am the only one who touched it. HE WAS NOT WEARING A MASK EITHER !!!! Listen.... the layout of this course is the best I have seen within 50 miles!!!! So if you don’t care about safety play here!!!! I care about my family so I can not play here again till There is a vaccine. BUT the layout and the staff make this course hands down better then anywhere n the area!!!!! It really is sad that a good course has folks 2 relaxed!!!

Really Sad

The highlight of High Point are the greens. Generally well maintained and well designed, the greens force golfers to pick approach placements wisely and make for a real shot making test. However, the overall course conditions are suffering. The track is tired and scruffy, the tee boxes are burnt-out, the bunkers are virtually gravel and the cart paths are treacherous . As first time players, I felt there’s a need for signage or course hand books (see hole 15 ) for guidance. But, the “value” is apparent and somewhat responsible for the course. High Point Golf Club is caught in a cycle of mediocrity. At $25 including cart, how will this course ever generate sufficient revenue to improve? The old line holds true: if it sounds to good to be true...
With so many choices for great golf in the area, I’m not likely to return to High Point.

Milford, Pennsylvania