Vista Verde Golf Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

1.7

Scorecard for Vista Verde
Blue M: 64.0/110 341 200 550 150 321 491 466 186 305 3010 412 125 281 312 318 212 390 125 204 2379 5389
White M: 67.8/115 318 183 513 118 305 473 440 160 278 2788 360 100 244 252 291 191 320 92 179 2029 4817
Red W: 60.0/103 291 115 452 78 244 422 356 120 258 2336 295 86 210 231 252 166 237 62 158 1697 4033

Year Built 1988
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Eldon Smith

Dress code Colared shirt required

Nothing but crab grass

I would not play this course again if it was free. Fairway and tees are nothing but crab grass. Its a run down course with with no concerns for weed control. If you want cheap its for you. We lost two balls in the fairways. Bottom line, don't waste your time or money playing Vista Verde golf club.

Beer was cold

So we had just played 18 at another course and while at lunch decided we would play another round. Looked at some hot deals and came across this one at $10. We knew it wasn't a great course but for that price why not...the clubhouse is older and smells of mold. The two ladies at the pro shop were very sweet and accommodating so they had that going for them. Every tee box was overrun by crabgrass and there was no difference between fairway and rough, it was all just junk grass cut short. The course got 2 stars only because the greens were decent. They could have used a cut but they were smooth and consistent in speed (pretty slow but consistent). The back 9 is a joke of a layout. A 411 yard par 5, a 211 par 4 (hit green with a hybrid). With the room they have it should be a 14 hole course but they found a way to cram 4 extra holes in. Also, you can get the flags confused as there is a foot golf course weaving in and out of all the holes. A little interference I probably won't go back.

Completely not what I expected!

First off scheduled a tee time through golfnow at 8:28 am and received a call from a lady telling me that the have a golf outting. Then proceeded to tell me that the next available time would be 4 hours later. I was not pleased due to the fact I had already been on my way there. Second once I arrived they were allowing a group of six golf together took us 4 hours to play 6 holes. The greens and tee boxes were completely weeded with chunks taken out of the putting greens. Also had to basically hammer down the tees with our balls the tee boxes were so dried up. Then our cart died and had to push it for 2 holes. Took ten minutes to even get another cart which then the new cart didn't work correctly either. You had to push in the petal 3 times to get it to screech and start moving. Overall the worst course I have ever been. Would not recommend going.

Do not play here!!!

This was my first time playing this course and it was the worst experience ever. The course is so run down and unkept. I paid $14 for 18 holes and I only played nine because the course was so terrible. Trust me go somewhere else don't waste your money.

Too much for too little

I'm astonished they charge what they do for that course. Greens are destroyed by geese. Should be using 4 wheelers instead of golf carts to drive around on the cart path. Much better options nearby for the same or less money. Somebody told me the only way they would play there if it was free. I couldn't agree more with that.

letting course go

Course in bad shape tee boxes all weeds,greens fury and very bumpy

Worst golf experience ever !

I heard this course was nice at one time, but that is no longer the case. They have a outdated computer system, and couldn't find my reservation but not much of a issue with employee. They issued me and broken cart, with no plastic screen protector, just one with a broken frame. The fairways hadn't been cut or treated. Was losing balls in the fairway, due to weeds and thick grass. Course was infested with bees and other large insects due to swamp like course. I would definitely not play there again and I would have a hard time imagining other golfer paying full price for this course, until they make some major changes.

poor conditions

Course was in poor condition for being in the middle of spring. The new soccer golf or whatever that is, has flags up all over the course that created confusion for the real golfers. I would only play here for the 20 bucks it cost for 18 on Golf now.

Cow Pasture

If you like playing in a cow pasture then this is the course for you. Tee boxes are horrible, weeds are all over the fairways and stupid foot golf holes are everywhere. It's apparent that ownership doesn't care and if you compare their rates to other courses in the area that are much better, their rates are way out of line for what they have to offer. This course shouldn't charge more than a dollar a hole to play. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere until ownership gets it together.

Great day off golf

Foot golfers are a bit annoying and don't seem to know any golf rules. Great place to play a relaxing round of golf without to many "PROS" playing through you.

Love this course lots of fun

This course is a lots of fun to play. Challenging dog legs water and greens. The first time I played this course was 2 months a go and have been back every weekend since. Staff is very friendly and the price is very fair can't say enough good things about Vista verde. I will keep playing here.

playing time was great

we played 18 holes under 3 hours, course was in good condition . we had a good time playing.

trash

This place has gone down hill over the past few years. My group couldn't play the front 9 because there were kids kicking soccer balls around the golf course? We were allowed to tee off at 1830, and told that we had until dark to finish (assuming dark is around 2030 given its summer). The "employee" kicked us off as we were teeing up on 18 at exactly 2000 hrs... we could of easily played our last hole, the sun hadn't even set. Will NEVER return, and word of mouth travels fast.

Not worth it

Wasn't a enjoyable round of golf long waits between shots and horrible food friendly staff and good value but no other perks weren't even able to put tees in ground

Horrible course layout

Course was in poor condition pace of play was extreamly slow waited 10 on each shot. They had foot golf holes randomly cut in the main course. The food was horrible with only hot dogs that were loop warm at best. Price was good and that's about all the positives I have to say about this course

Indian Springs, Ohio