A view from Highland Park Golf Course (MAN Golf Management)
2.6

Dress code Colared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Transforming for the better

I play this local course quite regularly now. This Sat morning, I played the front 9 on the red course.I'll be frank. This course used to be a dump. I avoided it unless I simply could not get out anywhere else. However, Highland is becoming my place to go.I have watch the parking lot go from a handful of cars to often packed in the last year two years. The cost of a quick 9 is very inexpensive and will keep me coming. The fairways look much better than previous times when the grass wasn't cut and a slight miss almost certainly meant a donation to the course.The greens have transformed significantly from the bald and patchy greens of yesteryear to greens that are playable. This week they aerated the greens in prep for the coming year. Great!

The staff are friendly, although there are a lot of new staff this year, I assume due to more people golfing. As an FYI, one of the manager's Melissa is awesome! Overall, it is Not Manikiki or Shawnee, but it has quickly become my go to course to get out and get a good game in.

The red course is pretty decent with some variety. The blue course features long par 3 - 5s. Let her rip! My friends and I have realized that mixing it up with randomized tees- blue, white, red and yellow, really make this course intriguing and different and more of a pleasure to play. As a note, the blue does not drain as well as the red after a rain.

As far as amenities, it doesn't really exist. But for the cost, it doesn't matter- the Winking Lizard is right down the street

Red Course

For $22 for 9 holes I’d expect the course conditions to be a little better.

Highland is a hidden gem in plain sight!

Enjoyed the day. Speed of play was good and the course was in excellent shape.

No balls

The course is getting better. The city bought it back. I went into the pro shop to purchase some balls but they have nothing but left behind items. How can you not sell golf balls!!!.....otherwise the course has a great layout.

Best shape in years

The red course was in the best shape I have seen it in a few years. The fairways and rough were cut and the greens rolled well if a tad slow. Two groups allowed me to play through as a single and I played in just under 3 hours.

Highland Park is back

Historic Highland Park Golf Course is in good shape and getting better, the fairways are super tight and the rough is coming down to playable. The greens are getting back to the old nice and slick pace. Overall, it’s fantastic to see this course on the mend, not there yet but the improvement is noticeable and welcomed.

This course is worth a look!

The course looked very good today and I will definitely be back soon. This course has been re-opened for three years and in past years it was in some rough shape after being let go for a while. The greens looked great and the fairways were well manicured. Tee boxes could still use a little work but are more than playable. The east side of Cleveland has plenty of private courses but very few public tracks. With two 18-hole courses very close to the city, this place has so much potential to be truly great. If the improvements keep coming I think this could become one of my favorite close to home bargain courses for a quick round. I’ll be back very soon.

A Course You Can Enjoy

A bit challenging but not very. In a great location so no matter if you are east or somewhat west side. Or south by Akron for that matter.

Course not well maintained

Went golfing at 10 am went here years ago and want a bad course. I know it rained but water was no issue , fairways were being cut at 10 am while people were playing golf grass clippings everywhere rough was full of weeds and grass was way higher than it should be , tee boxed looked like a par 3 hole at the end of the season even on par 4 or 5 holes where there should be no divots and good grass on tee boxes there were divots and grass everywhere and that was all the tee boxes . Course would be nice if was better maintained greens are very bumpy and are bad to put on honestly felt like course conditions hindered my play , in the bright side people who work there are very nice and clubhouse personnel are amazing just overall course conditions were bad

Will be good this summer

Conditions were a little wet and sloppy, but you can tell that they are going to try ad get this course back into the great shape it used to be in. Greens are back and that was always the strong point of this track. Can’t wait to play the Blue course when it opens.

Mini golf would of been better

I could write a very long "Karen" review but ill keep it short and sweet This course is ....
Boring
Not kept up very well
Has.....
No starter and no golf etiquette enforced
An evil Troll as manager.
The worse part of the course was the interaction we had with the evil lady Manager, or owner not sure what her position was. Teeing off on back nine, getting ready to hit. I hear a voice yelling from the clubhouse asked us a few questions and she was very rude with her answers Let it go cause well, this course is terrible . We come in after our round at 8pm she is standing there with her hands in the air and starts yelling at us that carts had to be in by 730, well if someone would of told us from the beginning we would of walked or played 9 . No one said anything, she said we should of known better and that we need to pay attention to the rules. We were not even the last ones to come in there was still 2 groups on the course with carts. A gentleman finishing up his round asked if he could get a pepsi and she said no we are closed ,which is fine if she was nice about it. She was not, just really rude to him to. This turned into a long review, but this evil troll lady really made me mad. Just don't go here . I will say all the younger kids that worked there were very nice . I feel bad they have to work for her.

Greens and fairways were in good shape but bunkers need attention.

Ok, but forced to play the other course

Paid for Red, and had a tee time, but the starter rudely told us to play Blue instead. What's the point of a tee time if you're just going to overbook or send people to your other course?

Course was an overall good value, but due to the experience with starter I won't be returning.

Not worth your time.

Course has potential. Dead grass everywhere uneven tee boxes. Sprinklers on in the fairway during the round @11 am. I booked 18 on the red course they tried to send us off on the blue course. 6-7 groups waiting to tee off on blue #1. All with tee times within 20-25 mins of each other. No one waiting on red. Finally sent us to red after many peoples complaints. Told us there was a league ahead of us they have carts (we walked) we would have to play fast. Caught up immediately to the senior league in front of us by the 1st geeen. Ranger rolled up to the first green telling us they are slow and we would have to wait. Duh. Then once again told us to hurry up. Just an unpleasant experience overall. Will not give this poorly managed place my money.

Major improvements

We actually played the Blue course even though we reserved Red. Given the choice by the starter and chose Blue as it was pretty open. I’ve played here several times in the last 5 years and 2020 is the best condition I can remember it. Rough was thick due to all the rain but if I was better at golf that wouldn’t have been as much of a problem. The turn on the Blue course isn’t near the clubhouse, so no opportunity to replenish refreshments after the start.

Great value !

For the price , this course is a great deal and value.
9 holes had 2 par 5s and plenty of length and conditions were reasonable.
Will definitely be back because it’s a great value !

Highland Hills, Ohio