2.4
2.6

Hinckley Hills Golf Course
Scorecard for Hinckley Hills
Blue M: 71.1/124 510 494 461 170 349 198 388 214 630 3414 392 497 266 372 195 300 498 166 409 3095 6509
White M: 68.8/120 480 475 461 160 266 140 311 163 592 3048 368 467 253 372 178 287 396 144 332 2797 5845
Red M: 64.4/106 W: 69.3/116 402 370 424 143 218 130 206 140 506 2539 335 393 207 294 164 263 396 144 332 2528 5067

Year Built 1963
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Harold Paddock

9-Hole Rounds 11

Don’t waste your money

This course was a cow pasture everything from the unfriendly pro shop attendant all the way to the starter not doing their job the course is a mess. they put no money back into the course and it shows, Find somewhere else

Shag Carpet

I swear I would never write a bad review for a golf course because I know it’s difficult to keep a course well maintained given all the variables associated with it. That being said, the greens here are TERRIBLE. They are SUPER slow to the point where they’re unplayable. Almost impossible to make anything going downhill because putts need too much pace to get to the hole. I honestly think shag carpet from the 70s would be higher on the stimpmeter than these greens. We have had a lot of rain in northeast Ohio so far this year but the past couple weeks has been fairly dry so I see no excuse for a failure to cut the greens.

Course layout on a couple holes on the back are quite possibly the worst design I’ve ever seen. I hit a 200 yd hybrid off the tee in the middle of the fairway, about 20 yds short of a creek that runs diagonally up the hole. I approached my ball to learn I didn’t have a shot to the green...I couldn’t even see the green from 150 yds out. I guess you’re supposed to layup twice on a par 4 unless you can hit a blind 50 yd slice with an 8-iron

Great for the deal

Course is challenging at times, easy at others. For the deal on the tee time, I'd go back all the time. However I dont expect to see prices like that again. Not worth $40+ a round, but a good course to play if you can get it under $30.

Garbage course

Do not play here. Greens were like carpet, fairways and rough have not been cut

Highly Disappointed

I use to play this course several times a year. It use to be absolutley beautiful, especially in the fall when the leaves change colors. The last few years the course has not been maintained as well as it once was and I though the rates were getting high. However what I saw today was terrible and I will not return to Hinckley Hills again. The fairways were filled with dandelions and weeds making it incredibly difficult to find a ball. The rough was nothing but weeds, very high crab grass and mud. Thick piles of grass clippings covered the entire course. If you missed the fairway by just a few feet the ball was gone. No chance of finding it in the grass clippings or high weeds. Sand traps (if you can call them that) were filled with leaves from the winter with grass and weeds growing over. $23 to play 9 holes. Totally unacceptable. Other courses in the area have much better deals and courses are in great shape. Go to Ironwood, Sleepy Hollow, Bunker Hill, or even Briarwood. Don't waste your money here.

Aptly named

Some tough holes because of the hilly terrain but that’s what made it fun to play.

Course is terrible

Single-handedly this course was in the worst shape of anything I’ve ever played. Times may be tight. They were mowing on the day that I was there but the person on the lawnmower did not even stop to allow me to tee off. Will never go back here ever. Too many better options in the area

Nice course a little soft in places nice greens a bit slow but nicely kept.. bunkers need help but all in all great value . Will play again

Cool, windy day

The course for having very few players on it was busy with people keeping the course maintained. Since it was fall the greens has a lot of leaves and the greens were wildly slow. Shag carpet slow. But the price paid was value for the money. A few strange holes to keep it interesting.

Response from Hinckley Hills Golf Course on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Will Golf Elsewhere From Now On

Been golfing here for years. Beautiful views of the area. The cart paths are rough and have been for years. The fairways had some bare spots. The greens were ok. Its usually easy to grab 9 holes during the week, without a tee time which is one reason we golf here. My issue is with a cocky staff member who seemingly chastised me for finally picking up a club head cover that had been left there 6 weeks ago. Her sarcastic demeanor was simply wrong and unnecessary. One of the maintenance workers also copted an attitude with us on the course. Staff unprofessionlism is the reason we are through with you.

Response from Hinckley Hills Golf Course on 09/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Hinckley Hills Golf Course, in the Medina County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Value

Played course that was alittle muddy but enjoyed it. Couldn't be disappointed for the price!

Response from Hinckley Hills on 09/25/2018:

H. Hills

Great course! Would like to play in dry conditions.

Solid layoit

First time on his course. Love the back to back par fives to get the round going. Pretty straight forward, but great views and different tee box angles makes for a great day on the links. Just hope you hit’em straight! L

My friends and i used to play this course a lot. I got tired of the old guy behind the pro shop counter. Not friendly and very grumpy. I go to play golf and forget about the world for awhile. I don't need attitude. Get rid of him.

Response from Hinckley Hills Golf Course on 09/10/2018:

Awful Staff

God forbid you mistakenly leave your golf head cover here. After calling to say I may have left it there, they held it in their lost and found for me to pick up. Admittedly, I failed to do that in a timely manner, but that does NOT warrant a nasty voicemail implying the cover has been an inconvenience. Nor does it warrant an unprofessional interaction between the staff and my mother, who picked it up for me. I'd recommend avoiding this place at all costs.

This course

This course is very challenging and tight but fair if you play it as designed. If you go after it though it’s gonna bite you back so fast you’ll look up and have a triple. The back 9 is very challenging and on a couple of holes downright mean. Take your lumps and keep it moving. I lived playing this course and the staff is great. It could use a driving range to loosen up other than that it’s a very scenic drive to get out there and well worth the time. Great course!

Hinckley, Ohio