Staff Friendliness

Crystal Springs Golf Club tumbles across the rolling hills of western Muskingum County. The undulating terrain provides gently sloped greens and elevated tees from which there are scenic views of the surrounding countryside. The golf course has a links-style layout that will appeal to a variety of different skill levels. The ample greens vary in shape and the player-friendly fairways have generous landing areas. There are six ponds that come into play on half of the holes as well as nearly 40 strategically placed sand bunkers throughout. The course's signature hole is the par-4 ninth hole. This tricky hole features water along the right side of the fairway and green and out-of-bounds stakes along the left, as well as a large sand bunker lurking treacherously behind the green.
Crystal Springs Golf Course
Scorecard for Crystal Springs
Blue M: 69.7/119 322 354 368 176 528 228 378 358 415 3127 396 524 369 371 206 292 362 442 404 3366 6493
White M: 68.2/115 301 322 337 151 492 186 351 342 376 2858 368 502 350 349 184 288 355 388 350 3134 5992
Gold M: 65.1/109 W: 66.1/111 275 295 315 142 436 162 291 311 310 2537 332 432 338 305 152 270 310 330 308 2777 5314
Red W: 65.9/107 252 286 289 130 426 121 257 251 258 2270 261 392 229 286 137 217 242 308 292 2364 4634

Year Built 1998
Architect Ron Cutlip (1998)

Clubs No
Pull-carts No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2017 #9)

We have been there several times before, and enjoyed it, even took our friends a few times. However. If you book on golf now, you are treated differently. Just a heads up.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Crystal Springs Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to see that you recommend the course, but we are concerned about your observation that people that book on GolfNow are treated differently. We always strive to provide an excellent customer experience for all of our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark for those who book with us on GolfNow. This feedback will be shared with our staff, and we hope that you will be able to see improvement the next time you are with us.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Conditions Average
Pace of Play Average

Fun

Fabulous course but could be amazing if there was sand bunkers. If you go early and beat the older guys that refuse to let you play through the pace of play is great Or late in the afternoon when there gone. The course is in great shape and forgiving off the tee on most holes We play here almost every weekend it’s one of the best in the area.
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Fair

our Sunday group

Our Sunday group plays here at least once a year and we found Crystal Springs in the best shape in several years. The fairways good and the greens were in the best shape in years, it looks like they are putting time and money into this course to make it very enjoyable and a pleasure to play. Great job, and a big shout out to you and your staff for making this a great round for out group. We are Sunday golfers, however we had several rounds in the 70's and we appreciate the course being in great shape. Also the staff was great to work with. Thanks again.

Eaglesticks Light

This course reminds me of the highly touted Eaglesticks right down the road. Plenty of the same type of rolling undulation and elevation changes. On the shorter side for golf courses so long hitter's (my playing partner specifically) might get a little frustrated. Only hole I would say I have issues with is #2. From the tee box it is kind of a blind tee shot and the yardage is unknown to either pond. Yardages to the hazards would be a welcome addition as they come into play on more than a few holes. Otherwise solid course and an absolute steal for Columbus area golf on a weekend morning for only $33 w/ Cart.
Off-course amenities Fair
Doug3656426
Commented On 08/03/2018
I use a GPS golf app it helps a lot with the blind shots. I play here about 20 times a year and number 2 might be a 3 wood in the spring then a 5 iron in the summer. I like the challenge of the course overall.

Hidden Gem!

A friend lives in the area and convinced us to play here. THANK YOU Tim! What a neat layout, not a bad hole on the course and some very scenic views. Very enjoyable course to play. Pretty good shape as well!

Decent course,butttt

The course it's self isn't that bad.Bentgrass tees/fairways,nice layout.Butttt,be prepared for the possibility of running into some not so "golf etiquette " individuals.
Indy Advisor

Career Round

I found this course on a whim while driving through the area. It is not far off I-70, but you'd never know it's there from the highway. The links-style course is surrounded by fields and is exposed to the wind the whole way. The gentleman in the clubhouse was nice enough to explain all the holes to me before I started. From there I had the best ball striking round of my life. So if you bring your A-game you can score here as you go up and down the hills. Be smart off the tee and do not try to pound away - lay back when needed. There are some blind shots too, so don't be afraid to peek ahead before hitting. The course was in solid shape for February, and I will return sometime in season and see what it's like then. I easily recommend this hidden gem to anyone nearby or traveling through the area.
Off-course amenities Excellent