Year Built 1975
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect R. Obert

Practice Hole Yes

Greens

The greens here are A1 certified and a great layout.

Beautiful Course

This course was in wonderful shape! They have done a great job with the course condition inspite of all the rain we have had! I am looking forward to my next round!

Best Public Course in NE Ohio

Ellsworth is always in great condition.
Has the driving range and best practice area in the area for a Public Courses in NE Ohio.
Staff is very customer service oriented.
Easy to walk.
Fun to play.
Par 5 17th hole is one of the best holes to play with all features.

Challenging course in great shape

What a great municipal course. They've put a ton of resources into this track in the last couple years which has really added to the overall experience. Course is really in great shape and the greens are starting to firm up after this wet spring. #17 is on my list of favorite holes in NEO. If you haven't played here recently...you should.

Pace of Play Response

I see may people complain about the pace of play. Some even complain about golfers walking. All I will say about those who do not like walkers is that golf is a sport & you should get exercise from a sport right? Now for pace of play. I agree there are not marshals out & there should be someone making rounds to ensure everything is okay out on the course. But maybe if you have an issue, use the phone in your pocket to call the pro shop. I think a big issue for pace of play is not the course, but the golfers playing outside their abilities. When other reviewers reference the scorecards "play in 4" they leave out the part about selecting a tee for your skill level. You can not blame the course for players on the tips who can't hit past the ladies tees. Or the golfers who keep hitting until they get one they like. If you want consistent increased pace look for a golf course that charges by the hour. Or become a member at a private club. If you play at a public course you will always have to deal with the public.

Cleveland Advisor

Nice Course, TERRIBLE Pace of Play

Started two tee times behind and it only got worse from there. Five plus hours to play 18 on a fall weekday afternoon. Carts have notices on them to "Play in 4". If anyone but the first group out does that, they should be given a free round of golf. No rangers in sight
Now the course, five tees give you many choices, greens were quick, fairways were lush, leaves were under control for a windy fall day. There is the possibility for balls to stray into other fairways in some areas. A nice course, but until I hear that they have made some realistic attempts to increase pace of play, it is not a course I will be returning to.

Construction Caused some Problems

Played this course many times. New construction for cart paths and wet conditions made for a long day. Greens were slower than I remembered but actually appeared to be fast. Would wait until the mess is cleared up before returning.

Construction

A lot construction going on, quite a distraction all thru the round.

PACE 7 HOURS

Could have been good. Except rude check-in and no communication on who i was playing with and when to go out. Rude front desk. Took 4 hours and 10 minutes to play 9 holes. NEVER AGAIN.

First time playing here. Course was in excellent shape, fast greens with true roll. Many holes required accurate shot placement to avoid trouble.

Great Condition

Surprisingly crowded today. However pace of play was awesome. Our foursome played the front in under 2 hours and the back in 2 hours. The greens were perfect. Very nice course and a variety of holes.

Tee time

Had a 1244 tee time. Starter pulled us off the range at 1205. Had a bucket of balls that I brought to warm up. Starter actually argued that I didn't bring. Nothing but insulting and confrontational. Course was in great shape and the greens were okay.

Great Value

Course was in great shape even after heavy rains the night before. The layout is challenging but still fair, we always have fun playing this course. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Look forward to playing agin in the near future.

A good course

Second time I played this year. Teed off at 1030 and the pace of play was ok for a few holes, but got progressively worse. The course itself was in good shape - generally handled the recent rain well. It would be nice if they had a ranger out keeping people moving. 5.5 hour round is too long. Will play earlier next time.

Nice track

Nice practice facilty - friendly staff, excellent food and beverage - course is in great shape, greens in excellent condition, not super fast, but roll true. Already booked my time for next weekend.

Nice conditions

On a cool windy day 2 of played at 7:44 am. Course was in great shape and we played without any stoppage. Chipping and putting areas are excellent along with the range. Staff is always helpful. Can beat Ellsworth for the price and conditions.

Best round this year

I was a single and paired with another single. It turned out to be the most enjoyable and relaxing round I ever had. He gentleman I golfed with was a very gracious person and I would play another round with him. He staff was friendly and helpful. The pace was slow due to a foursome playing from the tips that shouldn’t been. The group held us up and wouldn’t let us play through. Other then that I scored a 87 and it gave me confidence for this Sunday’s outing I have.

Maintenance issues

Overall, the course was in great shape. However, we teed off early (6:30) and had maintenance crew members on every hole from 1-18. I don't mind having mowers and carts on the course. However, when the people operating those mowers/carts demonstrate absolutely no consideration for my presence on the course, they become an annoyance. Furthermore, on more than half the holes, the tee markers had not been placed. I understand that maintenance has to be performed on the golf course. But, for the sake of the golfers, please figure out a way to finish maintenance on the first 4-5 holes before sending out groups.

Lastly, I'll never understand why people are allowed to walk on the weekend, particularly on a holiday when traffic on the course is high. If people want to walk later in the afternoon, that's fine. But sending off walkers during peak morning hours doesn't make any sense.

Again, overall, a great course and a great value. A few minor tweaks would make it a terrific experience.

Treat women better, message to your starter

Been playing here for a couple of years. Well established golfer with low handicap, but one of their starters discriminates against women constantly. Even more upsetting, I am a taxpayer for the course. I was denied access to play since 3 men from Twinsburg would not play with a women even though I had waited 30 minutes. This is community course, if you don't want to be paired with someone, either get 4 people or wait until there are no more singles that are waiting to play. The starter though allowed this discrimination to occur unchecked. Offered me to play on my own in the middle of foursomes on a slow day, this is not the first time this has happened here.

I am a very well established golfer in the state and wonderful person to play with. But because I am female, the starter at Ellsworth treats me differently. Last year, one their starters was very nice and I had no issues. The staff seems to know this rude starter is an issue. Please let him go and hire someone else.

I could not get my money back after being embarrassed by this incidence either, only a rain check which is not going to be used. I will no longer visit or endorse any courses which allow their staff to discriminate against any golfers. Enough is enough.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.