2.3

Pheasant Run Golf Course

Year Built 1960

Bunker No

Bar, Snacks, Grill

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #23)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2016 #14)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2016 #19)

19th Hole Specials 10

Fun Round

Fun easy course. Few hazards of water and sand but plenty of trees. Fairways were hard but that is due to total lack of rain. Course is very flat. Tee boxes and greens both excellent. Staff very friendly and club house is fine. Well worth the half hour drive and we will be back.

Awesome Course

I enjoyed my round of golf there very much . Beautiful and very well kept course . I intend to return .

Update still fun and in great shape

Updating my review from a couple years ago. This place looks great now they got some rain. It isn't Firestone but it is a great place to play a quick fun round of golf. It played awesome yesterday and was in better shape than Sleepy Hollow which I played today and it is probably half the cost and you can play in half the time. Now granted P Run is not the challenge of Sleepy, but my point is it was in great shape and the people are awesome here. Frank is always super appreciative of you visiting and all the girls are awesome. We are regulars and will most likely be back two or three times before the end of the season.

2nd time this week playing used a groupon first visit and came back. Not too crowded so we were not rushed, very friendly people and helpful staff. Course is nice. Had a great time, will be coming back

Nice Place

Played here for the first time with a friend of mine. We had a great time from the moment we got there. We were greeted at the clubhouse by the course manager, who was very friendly and helpful. He gave us a quick tutorial of the course as well as some upcoming events. The course overall was fun to play. The greens are in great shape and hole you approach shots well, they are slower than I am used to, but it helps if you are an aggressive putter. Pace of play was great and we finished in just over 3 hours. The little bar next door was a nice little place too. Everyone there is friendly and so accommodating, it was a pleasure to be there. I will definitely be back!!

Very fun course

This makes the second time I have played this course, great value and nice and open. This course has some of the best greens I have seen with most of the courses I have played around the area. Will def be coming back many more times, FYI keep your face clear of trees when hitting a golf ball # tookashottothefacetoday

A little dry but good greens and good course

Pace of play was great , considering we were a twisome following a foursome( didn't really have to wait until last 3 holes, when they caught the group in front of them). It looks like a lot of bunkers have been abandoned or are being removed, but there is plenty of water to challenge you. Rough is somewhat brown due to drought ,fairways playable , maybe move to good grass if it is spotty? Overall , worth 35 minute drive for a Hot deal...

I'm a duffer so I appreciate the wide fairways and openness of the course. There is enough water and elevation to keep the course challenging and the greens are really nice.

Value is good

Better conditions would make the course more playable and fun

Nice place

Friendly staff. A great bang for the buck.

Great course for the price

I booked a tee time online on short notice and that was not a problem. Frank met me at the clubhouse and he was extremely friendly. He mentioned that one should book the tee time on their own website to avoid the fee from online booking company. He asked me to give him some feedback after the round and I did. He said he would write them down and take them on to the grounds crew for review.

I found the the course in pretty good shape considering there has been very little rain this season. The greens were in great shape as were the tee boxes, but fairways and the rough were dry, but not their fault. I definitely recommend playing here for any golfer with an average handicap. Great value for the money.

Ohio Advisor

Alright Course

This course kind of is what it is. They are trying to get play and do what they can to keep up the conditions. The front has enough trees and a couple lakes to keep you honest, the back is longer but you can hit it anywhere you want. Greens are very slow. This is a great place for a quick 9 or 18, walkers, beginners, or couples looking to get out an play. Usually play 18 in about 3 hours. Wide open on weekdays. The price is right for this place unlike other area courses (Emerald Woods and Mallard Creek come to mind) There's a pub next door that's supposed be be good.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Fun track!

My father and I played there for the first time. Not overcrowded, nice layout and fun to play. Greens are very soft, not much of fairways, so good for beginners or youngsters. Also laid out enough for more experienced golfers as well. Staff was extremely friendly! We will definitely be coming back!

Bang for your buck

Paid under $20 and got 18 and a cart. Course is fun, staff is friendly, pace was great. Only lost one ball on the day so I will DEFINITELY being coming back here haha! Definitely will recommend to all friends and family. Staff- Keep up the great work!

Pheasant Run

The course was very wide open. Fairways were cut. Greens were not. They putted very slow, and did not roll very well.

This is a great course to play at especially if your not the greatest golfer like me. The staff is very friendly and the course is very inexpensive.

Reviews can be misleading

I will get straight to the point. This is a very average golf course at best. The conditions are below average. I don't normally write reviews but when I was looking at the best 25 courses on golf advisor in Ohio, I was shocked to see this course at #11 and had to write one. Hard for me to believe it is even in the top 100. I recognize many of the courses behind it in the rankings and Pheasant Run isn't even close to or even in the same league as any of them. It is laughable that Pheasant Run could be considered better than or even close to Stone Ridge, Deer Ridge, Shale Creek, Manakiki, Virtues etc. etc.. in any comparison. Whether it be condition, facilities, staff or any criteria one might choose it shouldn't be on the same list. In my opinion the reviews are very misleading. This is not a 5* course and not even close to one of the best in Ohio. I really question whether some of the reviews are authentic. Golfers beware. It is a cheap for a reason.

Awesome staff!

The course itself was fun to play. Plenty challenging for amateur golfers. The greens were in great condition with a nice soft feel; great for approach shots. Even better than the course was the staff! Frank even went out of his way to help me work with golfnow to help me get some money back when I had to leave the course early (due to an emergency). We will definitely play here again!

Good conditions, great value.

The course was in very good conditions despite being a little behind in mowing due to rains. Greens were fantastic - ran true from green to green. Huge greens on most holes. Fairways were in pretty good shape. Rough was a little high and thick due to being unable to mow consistently. Overall the course was in good shape.
Staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. Food was good and reasonably priced.
Overall it was a great experience, reasonably priced.

Nice layout....

This is a great course for the money. Sure, it may not be manicured like the private clubs but the layout is nice, challenging without being too difficult for the everyday, average player. Greens were soft and held well . Extremely friendly guy running the place as well. Go give it a try,. At the price we paid it was quite a bargain.

Lagrange, Ohio
Wellington, Ohio
Oberlin, Ohio
Columbia Station, Ohio
Columbia Station, Ohio

Valid dates: Aug 01, 2019 - Dec 31, 2020
Getaway and play the most golf possible at the lowest price around. Play unlimited Scottsdale, AZ golf from $79 per golfer/night (including golf & lodging!).