Red(W) 72 4615 yards 71.0 108
Scorecard for Knoll Run Golf Course
Blue M: 71.2/120 314 379 372 504 196 330 330 464 160 3049 365 204 514 420 400 530 400 335 186 3354 6403
White M: 69.1/114 289 355 340 471 178 308 306 444 145 2836 352 160 463 366 373 496 369 320 162 3061 5897
Gold W: 71.0/108 270 312 277 435 140 278 249 365 130 2456 296 135 415 313 359 453 308 264 124 2667 5123
Red W: 71.0/108 260 300 252 340 117 249 222 343 93 2176 278 127 390 287 305 409 290 241 112 2439 4615

Year Built 2006
Golf Season March - October

Caddies Yes

Dress code Collared shirt required

well kept course

at least 6-7 holes are challenging and the staff is very friendly

they showed they cared

my friend and I had a bad experience back in July and Knoll Run went above and beyond to make it up to us. we had a perfect day today... pace of play was great, staff were friendly and we left happy and totally satisfied. did not use any off course amenities so no rating for that. can't wait to play there again!

Dry fairways but still green

Although the fairways were dry they were still green and very nice. The greens were immaculate and putted great. There is not a bunker on the course ( I don’t care for them anyway). I always enjoy this course and look forward to playing it again.

slow play

my friend and I had a tee time at 7:23 a.m. The starter checked our receipt and actually told us to "respect the course" (we are in our 60's and definitely felt insulted by that warning). But we played the first nine with no difficulties. we even let another two some pass us, as they were playing pretty fast. but when we got to the second nine, we were stuck behind a women's league or outing and things ground to a stop. Why didn't anyone warn us there would be a league starting on the back nine when we made the turn? Why didn't they send us out on the second nine first? Took almost five hours to play all 18 holes. very frustrating.

Response from Knoll Run Golf Course on 07/27/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Knoll Run Golf Course and taking the time to leave us a review. On behalf of our staff, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry that our service missed the mark, and we hope you see improvements the next time you are with us. We apologize about the slow play that you ran into. We will continue to have pace of play be a top priority. Thank you for sharing your concerns, and we hope you will be able to have a better experience the next time you are with us.

Great track

Better than more expensive courses in the area. Course is in very good condition and the staff is exceptional.
I Will play it often!

My wife and I play Knoll Run about 4-5 times in the summer. Our round on 7/9/18 was great. the course was in the best shape I've ever seen with perfect greens. There are a some unique holes where local
knowledge really helps.

Father’s Day

Great day to play golf course was in excellent condition. Staff was very friendly as usual sat and talked to the starter for about 10 minutes before it was our turn to t off what a very nice man. This is one of the reasons I keep going back. Keep up the great work and your focus towards being friendly.

Excellent Prices, Good Conditions, Pace of Play Not Good

Course was in good condition for early May. Greens rolled nice, a little slow. Fairways were a little on the high side. I am guessing with the rain, it was hard to get out and cut.

Enjoyed a beer pre-round, and some food post-round. They have some of the best food at a public golf course in the area. Staff is always friendly!

Biggest con about this course is the pace of play. For a course that is not very long, it took 5 hours to play 18 holes. A lot of people seem to play 9 (off the front), then it opens up on the tougher back 9. I think the layout has a lot to do with this. It always helps the wait when the group behind you isn't playing fast.

Cold Sunday

Staff was very friendly as usual. Course was in great shape considering the spring we’ve had. They could have turned the thermostat up a little LOL It was a great day with my son and grandsons. Thank you Knoll Run

Slow Pace of Play

Enjoy the golf course although pace of Play major issue. Probably due to fact the course is sending golfers out 6 to 7 minutes after previous tee time. Not enough time between tee times backing up the course. Course was gracious in giving me rain check for back nine due to pace of Play. Enjoy the golf course. Always in great shape. Tee boxes were pretty hard but probably due to hot dry weather of late.

No sandtraps

Course could be more challenging if traps were present. There are a few holes on the back nine the lay out makes you think twice about tee shot placement and club selection. (#10, #14 ) Nice mix of dog lefts and rights. Depending on flag placement the greens will challenge your putting skills. Today the greens were a bit slow. For me the back nine was tougher than the front nine. Club house has a nice menu and the food is pretty good.

Response from Knoll Run on 09/29/2017:
Hello Jim, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Knoll Run, and for the 3-stars. It sounds like you enjoyed the course layout, specifically hole numbers 10 and 14, so we are glad to see that. We also hope that you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a good value for you. Thank you for recommending our golf course, in the Cleveland area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This course is perfect

Very well maintained course that is open, yet still somewhat challenging. My two sons and I are from out of town visiting family and thoroughly enjoyed our 3 1/2 hours on this beautiful course.

Great day with friends

Course was in very good condition the greens were still soft enough that the Ball would stick. The staff was very friendly from the clubhouse to the starter. Front 9 was a little slow pace of play even though we had a 4 some and there was 2 twosomes in front of us the foursome in front of those 2 groups was really slow. It was great that they only played 9 and the back played really smooth. Love the course and the people who run it keep up the friendly atmosphere

First time

This was my first time playing this course as I don't live in the area. Overall the course was in good shape and I was impressed that the greens were soft. I chose this course even after reading the reviews commenting about the pace of play problems. A mistake! I played in a two-some behind another two-some. They played excruciatingly slow. While maybe not their fault, it was a situation that could have been remedied by the Ranger. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be found (I think he was also the starter/greeter). The two-some refused to let faster players through and absent the ranger, there was nothing that could be done. Needless to say it backed up the course. There are enough other courses of a similar nature in the area that despite the overall friendliness of the other staff here, choosing this course is not the best option unless you are willing to accept this problem.

Response from Knoll Run on 07/18/2017:
Hello Chuck, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Knoll Run in the Cleveland area. We are happy to hear that the course was in good shape when you played and that you had a friendly experience with our staff. We are sorry to hear about the poor pace of play and we appreciate your feedback to make further improvements. Thank you for the 3 star review and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun, Enjoyable Course, always in great condition

Fun course, nice layout, always in great condition. Nice Bar with great food at moderate pruces. Ginny and Bill work hard to ensure you have an enjoyable day. Have been bringing
a group from Pgh several times a year for many years. My guys love
course , and the bar and food. Staff always friendly. Highly recommend!!

Above Average

Golf course was a decent track, for a decent price, that was in in relatively good shape. No complaints and staff friendly. However, rather basic and simple layout was not exciting enough to warrant a five star rating. Back nine seemed more of a challenge than the front. Will return.

Fun course, excellent condition, great bar and restaurant!!

Fun course to play, always in excellent condition, nice bar with
great food, all at reasonable price. Ginny and Bill work hard to make sure you have an enjoyable day. Have been bringing group from Pgh for years, all my guys love to come here and enjoy all above!!!

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020