Marysville Golf Club has been one of the most popular public golfing options in the area since it opened as a nine-hole course in 1932. A second nine was added in the 70s, completing the layout as it exists today. Save for a few mild undulations the course is mostly flat, providing an enjoyable walk. The fast bentgrass greens provide a good opportunity to use your short game skills. There are a few small ponds that come into play as well as a meandering stream. While there isn't a plentiful amount of bunkers there are enough strategically placed throughout to provide a fair challenge. Marysville Golf Club is not overly difficult but the versatile layout has a playability that will appeal to players of all skill levels.

Marysville Golf Club

Year Built 1932
Fairways Bluegrass

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Collared shirt required

Not good golf for the price

I wanted to fit in a quick 18 holes today and I normally play Public courses like Darby and Glen Ross. I was taken back as soon as I pulled into the parking lot. The build and course looked run down from first glance. That didn’t leave a good impression but I figured I would play it since it was too late to cancel my tee time with out being charged for it. The course conditions are not consistent at all. The greens are very slow, which isn’t a surprise because most lower priced green fee courses are. The course layout was horrible. The hole layout can be confusing if you haven’t played it before and some of the par 4s are designed very poorly. If you are the kind of person that just goes out to hit the ball around and have a few beers With your buddies, this course isn’t that bad. But if you take golf seriously and want to shoot a good round on a course that is consistent, I would go else where. It is definitely not worst the 30 dollar greens fee for 18.

Not too bad!

I've read bad reviews about this course in the past, so I've avoided it for years, but I wanted a quick, cheap round of golf on Thursday afternoon and they had a great "Hot Deal" on Golfnow that I couldn't pass up. The fairways and greens were in great shape, especially for the lack of rain we've had. I only saw a few patches of dead grass on a couple greens. The tee boxes weren't really impressive, but they also weren't divot filled. The rough was dry and lots of dead grass, but not unmanageable. Again, with the little rain we've had, that's to be expected. The cart path is just stone and washed out in some places, but again, it didn't ruin my round. The only major complaint I have is with the sand traps, especially on the front 9. They were covered in weeds and had very little sand. Luckily I never landed in one. The club house was just meh, nothing fancy. Just your standard tees, balls, drinks, and candy bars. Overall, it was a great afternoon of golf. I will definitely return! My only advice is take better care of the sand traps and fix the stone cart path in the washed out spots. It's definitely not a prestigious country club, but for the $12 I paid, I can't complain at all.

in surprisingly good condition

Even though we've been in a 3 month drought, this course was very green and in good condition. Especially the greens. They all rolled consistently. Love this course, especially for the price. Will play here again soon.

Fun

More challenging than I was expecting. Had a great time. Love the layout. Definitely be back

Plays Twice a year

Nice course. Needs some TLC

Really nice course. Needs a little TLC. Nothing major. Just some ball washers and towels. A little water and remove the dead trees.

Liddial

Our new hot spot for golfing - it would be greatly improved if they offered a better lunch menu but everything else was very nice!

Nope

I played here and every tee box has crazy long grass and every sand bunker was straight water. It could be kept a lot nicer for how beautiful of a course it really is.

liddial

A very pleasant surprise - the course was beautiful and we have played some very bad courses in comparison! It was a beautiful just challenging enough course to keep it very interesting! Will go again!

What a bleep hole

Recently moved to the area and booked a tee time on Golfnow. Course was in awful shape, fairways hardly mowed, tee boxes overgrown and greens not really mowed either. On top of it the bunkers are a lost cause as they're overgrown with grass and weeds. I'm by no means a snob but come on ya have to at least mow your course. Stinks because it is an awesome layout

Windy day @ Marysville

Spent a delightful high 70* very windy sunny day with a friend on the links at Marysville GC this afternoon. We were paired with a very nice single handicapper. The course was in great shape realizing all the rain we have experienced. The greens were a tad bit HEAVY and in need of a trim. But, the course tee to green was in great shape. The traps were abandoned, as it seems most muni courses have abandoned their traps for whatever reason. With a hotdeal price and reward to boot, the price was unbeatable. Great pace of play.... which we truly appreciated..

Typical Fall golf

Greens are always hard at this course, need to hit short to run up to the greens.

Pretty good!

This course had nice greens with good speed to them. Pace of play was excellent on a Saturday afternoon, and the staff was very friendly. The layout is a little weird with a lot of dogleg par 4’s and few par 5’s. I had no complaints. Course does have a lot of ball marks on the greens. I tried to fix as many as I could. I think it’s less of a golf course staff issue and more of the actual players being lazy. I liked it here overall.

Not too bad

I had read bad reviews of this course in the past, so I’ve avoided it, but I wanted a quick, cheap round of golf on a Thursday afternoon and the hot deal was too good to pass up. I went in expecting a cow pasture, but honestly I was pleasantly surprised. The fairways and greens were very nice, even with the lack of rain lately. I only noticed a couple dead spots on a few greens, but it wasn’t really bad at all. The rough was dry, but not unmanageable and that’s to be expected with no rain for weeks. The tee boxes were in decent shape, but not impressive. My one and only major complaint was the sand traps. Luckily I didn’t land in any, but it would have been hard to tell if I was in one, especially on the front 9. They need A LOT of work! I really enjoyed the layout. You have a couple blind tee shots which could make things interesting if it’s a busy day. Overall it was a very good course (minus the sand traps, if you can even call them sand traps) and I will gladly play here again some time. It’s definitely not a prestigious country club, but with the $12 Hot Deal, you really can’t beat it!

Worth Playing Again

Have played this course numerous times over the last 20 years. Course condition has been suspect in past years. However, was pleasantly surprised to fine the course to be in pretty good condition.

Very Good Course

Marysville Golf Course is a very good value. It offers great rates, a challenging layout, quick rounds and an accommodating staff. While it wouldn’t be confused with most country clubs, it does have quality tees, fairways & greens. And the course is very well maintained. I have returned twice since my first round a couple of weeks ago and plan more visits.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020