A view of green surrounded by water atRancocas Golf Club

Rancocas Golf Club

Year Built 1966
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1966)

They’re working on it

Played with a gentleman that gave us the rundown. Its a work in progress. Had a good time! Will def play again

Disappointed

We had a 10:48 tee time. There are no coolers on the carts any longer not to mention no water on the course which I understood. The cart paths are torn up all over the course and many traps have no sand in them. The tee boxes are level which is good. If it wasn’t for the discount I would’ve never played this course with their high prices since new ownership took over. Being honest just not worth it.

Not worth the cost

I had played there a couple of years ago and it was in much better shape. Weather has been hot and dry, so I know it has been a challenge to keep up. Too many rough greens and most tee boxes were in poor shape. The traps had virtually no sand and were mostly mud and stone. Too many other courses in the area in the same price range that are in much better shape. Hopefully, new owners will get this turned around soon.

Friendly staff at Rancocas Golf Course

The staff was very friendly; GOlfNow stated that we would get the senior rate since we were 60yo, but the pro shop stated that we needed to be 62 to qualify. Other than that, our round was enjoyable.

You get what you pay

Pace of play was the worst i have ever experienced. couldn’t get through 18 with 4:16 tee time. tee boxes were dryer than the sahara as well. BUT it was 38$...

Lots of potential

Just like my golf game this course has lots of potential but is missing some key elements to be considered a great place to play. Doesn't live up to $45 greens fee. Greens were just ok and not consistent. Turf type around the course is questionable. Most fairways are above average condition. A little TLC and this would be a really nice course. The greens need work.

Nice challenge for a 20 hcp.

Finally able to get the Senior rate!
Needed it as I lost a couple of bucks on par 3 17th.
Three of us played in 3:45. Bunkers are not sand. Tee boxes have been upgraded. Greens look nice, but slow.

Commented on 06/28/2020

Hi u7502861. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Rancocas Golf Club.

Saturday 6/20

Nothing bad to say. Good day, course was the best I’ve seen it, good pace of play. The only thing that sucked was my golf!

Commented on 06/28/2020

Thank you for your review, u724308468. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rancocas Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Rancocas Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good municipal level course

A nice well paced round good conditions but greens could have been faster

Commented on 06/28/2020

Hello brad1968. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Pace of play terrible; over priced.

Overall decent layout. Course was in good shape. Employee inside clubhouse was friendly, but the starter was not. What was ironic about my round was I asked if I could walk (752 am tee time) and they would not let me (didn’t ask for a discount or anything) because they “didn’t want me to hold up play” (I play at a good pace walking or otherwise). However, from 5 on we waited on the group ahead of us on EVERY hole. There were no other groups ahead of them, and these guys backed up everything behind us. We had guys in our butts because of it. Not one ranger. It’s a typical poor pace of play round in this area, but during the COVID reopenings all courses (except this one) have been good about pace of play because they don’t want backups. This course needs to adopt the new way courses are spacing out tee times and enforce slow play. It was pathetic. Would have been decent otherwise.

I had a great time playing today and I got hooked up with two great guys who made me feel good since I’m new to the game.

This was my 4th round playing under the new coronavirus social distancing rules. Every round I've played so far (at other courses), I never went into the pro shop- all transactions and check ins were done outside. Also, every course so far is 1 person to a cart. So first of all, I'm surprised that the starter is not checking me in in front of the pro shop. Another player says I have to go in. I go in and the worker behind the counter says I can't come in because I don't have a mask- it's a state law he says. After we sort this out, the kid working the bag drop loads my bag onto a cart with another single that I was playing with. I said "no way! I'm riding by myself" Very contradictory policies amid these "new normal" times.
Also, in my previous rounds, tee times are seperated by 15 minutes. Not here- every 8-10 minutes. Pace of play was horrible. I left after playing 13 holes in just under 4 hours. Course was in good shape and its a fair layout.

The Best it’s Been in Years!

So glad to see such a good layout return to the conditions that used to be its norm several years ago! Rancocas is a great layout where you will more than likely use every club in your bag. The course had fallen into disrepair over the last few years, but I am pleased to say it is now in great shape! Clearly a lot of time, effort & money has been invested to bring Rancocas back to life! I can’t wait to get back out for another round here!

A need for planning after power loss

Let’s start by saying this is a good course. New ownership but still a good course. So we’ve had some rain and high winds for the past week. Naturally, trees fall and sometimes you loose power.
I called the day before for course conditions based on this. I got no indication of any problems at the course. Now to be fair, I spoke with someone who was working remotely for the golf course. No indication of any issues.
Well, no power for 4 days means, no charged carts or CC card swipe due to no phone connection.
So one of our group couldn’t play because he needed a cart and I almost couldn’t play because I pay with CC, no cash. Oh, and no spare push carts
I got through 12 holes carrying my bag. The other two had their carts in their cars, so it was no issue for them.
Key words here, notifications need to be made prior to showing up. Some basic stuff like push carts and maybe cart services for the duffers sweating. Those carts are gas powered. Also, consider a generator for the basic stuff like power for the pro shop...

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, u153112820. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Excellent test of reasonable golf skills.

This is a Real Golf Course for real golfers. Reading some of the reviews shows that some Of those who came to play are just critics with no Substantial ability to play. This is not intended to be a beginners play ground so stay in the FAIRWAY!!!!!

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for your review, u9753302. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rancocas Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Moorestown, New Jersey