Sugar Isle Golf Course was designed by Jack Kidwell, a familiar name among southern Ohio golf courses. Water is a prominent feature of the course, Kidwell incorporated it on more than half of the holes. Some 20 white sand bunkers are strategically placed throughout the layout, providing a scenic contrast to the water and lush greens. For an added challenge, many of the fairways are lined with mature trees although there is some room for error, which makes them more accessible. It is a course that will make you think but it is not too intimidating for beginners. The versatility makes it popular for outings and tournaments. Sugar Isle has even hosted the area's high school programs for more than 30 years. In addition to the golf course, there is also a driving range and large putting green.

Year Built 1972
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Jack Kidwell

Dress code Collared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Commented on 06/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Sugar Isle Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Layout

Hadn't played this course since HS golf but I forgot how much I had loved the layout. We played the Blues and the course plays shorter than the yardage suggests in my opinion and it's very get-a-ble if you know where to place your shots if that makes sense. What makes this course so challenging are the putting greens. Lots of slopes and speed changes that are hard to judge. Would have to play quite a few rounds to get used to them. Course was in great condition except a few of the greens seemed to have little rough patches and feel bumpy but otherwise it was a great round and I will definitely be back this year!

Commented on 06/06/2019

Hi Farlow32. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented on 05/24/2019

Nice for the price

The course is well kept and in good shape. The front nine is a nice layout. The staff was very friendly and the rates are reasonable. Good value for the money.. I will play this course several more times this year with no regrets.

SLOW PLay

Course was busy due to the great weather which was not the problem. The problem was a couple groups ahead of us were so slow because they spent so much time looking for lost balls. 1 guy went over and was looking about 100 yards out into a cornfield. A ranger came out once and moved them along for a hole or 2 but then he disappeared. If proper course/time management was followed it would not have been an issue. We could only play 14 holes because it got so jammed up on the back 9 we just left. I won't be coming back here for quite awhile.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hi, daddio57. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Sugar Isle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/10/2019

great day

We had a good day but we had to play the back 9 twice because of league play and then staff working on the front 9. It kind of takes away from the experience of playing 18.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hi 836chick. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Sugar Isle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Where did these guys come from?

I have played this course several times this year. Your course is a great course and plays tougher than you would expect. The one thing that keeps Time from ranking this course higher is that no one manages the people coming onto the course. Every time (5 thus far) someone has jumped on the course ahead of us without any regard to the pace of play (twice on 14, once in 10, and twice on 15), get a handle on what’s happening.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Absolutely love this course. It is my favorite one to play in the area.

Great course in the country

Sugar Isle is a great little course in the middle of the country. The layout is great and course is in decent condition for this early in the season.

Worth the $12 deal.

It’s a nice little course for beginners. It’s a very easy layout with very few places to get into trouble. Check your cart’s brakes before driving off because they don’t take care of them.

One big pro: they allow you to byob.

Not a 4 star course

One problem with ratings is that those who rate often don't play on more expensive and higher quality courses, especially true when the course in question, like this one, is in a remote area.

Great course. Great staff. I lost several balls on their classic island hole :)

Fall Golf

This course was undergoing fall conditioning. Lots of aerated fairways creating bare spots. Greens were in pretty good shape and just about healed from aeration. It was definitely what I expected.

Response from on 10/18/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and nice course layout. Thank you for playing Sugar Isle Golf Course! #SugarIsleGC

Could Only Play 9

Could only play 9 due to slow pace of play by golfers ahead of us. No ranger. Told to start on back 9. I think they really over book certain tee times. Took almost 3 hours to play nine. My group plays 18 in less time. We will not be back.

Response from on 10/10/2018:
Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Sugar Isle Golf Course is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Over booked doomed the round

Played the front nine on a hot Sunday afternoon in almost 2:30 mins Waited on every shot. Our group decided to quit after 14 holes so the value had with their discounted rate was nullified. Traveled 40 mins from south of Dayton to play. We will not go back. Too many options closer to home (yes they are more expensive) but I’ll pay for not being frustrated on my round.

Response from on 08/27/2018:
Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Sugar Isle Golf Course is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Fun Round

Great value for the price paid. Course was in very good condition and the pace of play was great as we didn’t have to wait on any holes.

Response from on 08/06/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Sugar Isle Golf Course! #SugarIsleGC
Response from on 07/31/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Sugar Isle Golf Course! #SugarIsleGC
Tipp City, Ohio