Arrowhead Golf Club

Year Built 1948

Shame

Got a Hotdeal. Read the reviews, visited the website. Arrived to find the back nine closed - the front nine all the greens are punched - ladies league backed up on tee and covering the course.

Layout of the course is interesting and has the potential to be a fun track. That however is a long way off from what I experienced. Only paid $14 for the round but I felt like they should have paid me.

No mention of the closing nor that they had already punched the greens on the front. Just a sign in the proshop stating the back nine was closed.

Gave up after 5 holes and came home. Will not go back and would not recommend using a tee time service until you ask the right questions from someone on the course.

Why do you need a tee time when the course doesn't control it. We had a tee time for 8:30 and when we got to the first tee there was 4 groups waiting at the same time. 3 hours later we finished the first 9 didn't finish back 9. I like the coarse but need to pace play better.

Course is in the best shape I’ve seen in the last 5+ years. Outside of filling in a few bunkers it is beautiful. Taking out more trees has really made the course a lot easier and more fun for the average golfer. One negative is started on #1 which is a 200 yard par 3 which is a very challenging way to start a round.

Arrowhead

The course is looking better than last time I in 2018. Still some more work to be done but going in the right direction.

Bad day at course.

I play this course a lot and usually enjoy it. Not this time. They had an outing go off early and the course was an hour behind schedule! They had groups just going to any hole they felt like going to. I waited an hour past my tee time and then played only 4 holes in an hour and 25 minutes! At that time I decided to pack up and call it a day. I felt sorry for the young kid running the clubhouse. He got a lot of grief for the slow play but it wasn't his fault.

Maple seed / little helicopters central

The greens are nice and roll true after 2 to 3 minutes of clearing away all the giant maple helicopters. If you miss the greens you absolutely have to clear away the seeds or its like trying to roll the ball on a gravel driveway . Ok it gets worse the course use to have good/decent bunkers someone came in with a dump truck and dumped dirt on them. There like little mounds of rocky road . Only one I was in that was playable was #17 and there wasn't one grain of sand in it . Ok lastly. The tee boxes are terrible . Slanted sideways some downhill some had a gazillion gopher hole sized divots that hadn't been fixed for years . I wish I was exaggerating unfortunately just telling it how it is.

Arrowhead is terrible.

Course is more like a backyard. The greens are decent but the pace of play is terrible, they let way to many people out on the course. There are no fairways on some holes just backyard grass, if you are looking for a rinky dink course then go there.

Conditions are the best I’ve seen them

I’ve been playing Arrowhead for about 6-7 years now. I really like the layout as you have a good mix of open and tight holes that makes you think about club and shot selection.

My normal knock on this course is the conditions. Typically over run with weeds and the greens are usually in poor shape.

While not perfect the course is improving. This is the first time I’ve seen the number 4 green without half of it being burned out or with a disease.
Fairways were tightly mowed and you could distinguish itself from the rough.

My only gripe was slow play. I grouped up with an older couple. All 3 of us played very fast. We caught a 2 some early in the round and they wouldn’t waive us ahead. We would have had no problems playing in 2.5-3 hrs but the 2 some held us back causing it to be a 4hr round. I don’t mind 4 hr rounds when the course is slammed on a weekend but the course was relatively dead at this time.

Nice course, in great shape in comparison to others

Arrowhead is in the best condition I've seen it in years. Other courses I have played this year have been so wet it has been almost impossible to finish around without losing 5 balls.

First time playing...

It was alright course.... it was short.. nice for me cause I only drive it 250... the tee boxes were beat up and there was a lot of spots that were really wet.. but for 14 bucks I’d play it again. But I wouldn’t pay anymore for it

BAD SHAPE

Course was in extremely poor condition, could not tell the fairway from the rough. Course had a lot of grass patches missing in the so called fairway...and entire course needed to be cut. Greens weren't too bad, staff was friendly. I wouldn't play this course until they put some major work into it.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020