Split Rock Golf Club

Split Rock Golf Club was carved from the rolling countryside of northern Pickaway County. Its picturesque design is perfectly in sync with the natural surroundings. Designed by the local design team of Michael Hurzdan and Dana Fry, the golf course actually required little manipulation since much of the challenge comes from the natural features of the undulating terrain. The layout has slightly different nines that offer a diversity that appeals to a range of skill levels. The front nine is more open and forgiving while the back nine has tighter fairways that are lined with trees. Water is not a prominent presence at Split Rock Golf Club but it does come into play. In addition to the golf course, golfers are welcome to use the driving range and putting greens before teeing off.
Split Rock Golf Club
Scorecard for Split Rock
Black M: 72.0/125 370 174 553 430 477 423 539 164 350 3480 520 394 182 384 354 153 428 364 580 3359 6839
Blue M: 69.5/120 347 155 521 383 398 389 516 145 322 3176 495 357 165 345 314 125 387 351 555 3094 6270
White M: 67.4/115 324 133 497 369 366 353 445 129 305 2921 469 334 146 317 289 100 362 334 520 2871 5792
Silver W: 70.0/118 274 101 445 291 333 317 424 120 301 2606 400 284 125 260 285 100 325 269 435 2483 5089
Red W: 68.1/116 269 98 439 287 327 312 417 117 265 2531 387 281 125 254 227 100 323 264 430 2391 4922

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bluegrass
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1997) Dana Fry (1997)

Ranger asked us to play a scramble because they overbooked

First I will start with the positives. The course was in good condition, nice clubhouse and location. We booked an 8:01 tee time and soon discovered that they were tee off every 3 minutes only on hole 1. This of course caused a 15 min delay on teeing off which isn’t a huge deal. The problem began when you have a group of 4, 3 and 4 playing behind each other. The whole front 9 we were waiting on the tee box, waiting too hit our second shot then waiting on the next tee. If that was the end of our problems I wouldn’t have wrote this review. After waiting on a whole to hit our drive, we all hit our first shot and begin driving to the ball. As I get to my ball which is left if he cart path he pulls up to my friend and I and says we are playing too slow and to play best ball. We tell him we’ve been waiting all day it’s not our fault, he drives away. Comes back 5 min later after talking to the guys behind us and says play best ball out of our foursome. Obviously if we were playing slow we would have let the people behind pass but we were playing as fast as safely possible. I can’t say the same for those behind us that hit into us on literally every whole. We payed 40 a peice to play a rushed round of golf with the ranger harassing us along the way. Until they focus on quality over quantity I do not reccomend.

Splitrockgolf
Commented On 09/08/2018

Cody and Keith,

We apologize for your disappointing round on the 25th of August. That day started off with a fog delay so there is no question that the 1st tee would have become backed up by 8am. Our tee times on Saturday's in season run at 7 and 8 minutes apart depending on which day part includes your tee time. Your time was 8:01a and Tom Ceacer's time was 8:08a that particular morning. We certainly apologize for the interaction between the ranger and your group being a negative one. A group had called in to the clubhouse about the pace of play, so there is no doubt that the ranger would have been trying to do whatever he could to assist groups with their pace. It was not our intention to diminish your ability to enjoy your round, which would have been unacceptable had that occurred. It is our desire here at Split Rock to make every round enjoyable to best of our ability. Please reach out to us directly at Splitrockteetimes@gmail.com if you would like to conversate further about what we can do to ensure your next experience with us is a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to review our facility and hopefully we'll see you at The Rock once again.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 08/27/2018:
Hi Jim, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations for staff friendliness and course layout. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Just right for our 4 some

We have always favored Split Rock, especially when I have friends in from out of state and we need to get one more round in thats close to home. It is always or first choice.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Hello, We would like to thank you for always making us your first choice. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hi Thomas, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round here at Split Rock Golf Club. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Split rock diamond but not too rough

Course was a very pleasant surprise.

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Drive from Chicago took longer than planned forgot bout time change(1 hr later) but John Golf pro Mgr.

Was more than understanding.

Course was well kept with fast well kept greens (7-8). Fairways were well above average. Nice layout will definitely play again.

So should you.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that we met your overall expectations for staff friendliness and course layout. Remember to book your next round with us soon.

Fun Course

This course is not real long, and not too difficult. My brother who is about a +6 handicap shot even par. There are holes that can cause your trouble, but overall a very enjoyable course. We will most likely come play again.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 07/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hi, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

hilly, unlike the surrounding flat land

pleasant course, though the starter could do more to keep things organized.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 4-star rating. Glad to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness, course layout, course conditions, and value for the money. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

the course is excellent to learn on

I haven't played golf very much, so I decided to get a membership at Split Rock, because it was affordable and it will allow me to play more. I enjoy the course very much and it's very challenging for me. Everyone has been very helpful at answering any questions that I have had. If anyone hasn't ever played Split Rock, try it you will like the course

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club an awesome 5-star rating. We're glad you enjoyed playing our course. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.
Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

hmmmm?

I play or have played a lot of golf courses....some good some not so good......SPLIT ROCK could be a good course although it isn't at this time.

VERY PRETTY LAYOUT

MANY ANIMALS AND BIRDS

TERRIBLY DRY AND HARD FAIRWAYS

YOU WILL BREAK A TEE ON EVERY TEE BOX

GREENS ARE BUMPY AND INCONSISTENT

VERY FRIENDLY STAFF

ALWAYS A QUICK ROUND

PRICE IS RIGHT

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving your feedback. We would like to apologize for our course conditions. We are happy to have met your expectations on the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

I love this course

Great place to play. This has always been ome of my favorite places to play. The staff is great too...

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that we met your overall expectations. Remember to book your next round with us.

This course needs some attention

Most of the tee boxes weren't level. Golfers don't expect downhill & sidehill lies when teeing off. Also, this is the only course I play where I can't make any putts because the greens make it impossible to read the breaks. The greens need to be "rolled" to eliminate ruts and create a more consistent roll of the ball. The greens also didn't receive approach shots very well, as our shots often would hit and then roll right off the green. Perhaps a little bit more watering would help. There were quite a lot of bare patches throughout the course. A lot of downed branches and twigs were kind of annoying.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for your feedback and would like to apologize about our course conditions. We will address your comments with our management team. This will allow room for improvement. Thank you for your business and allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Very well maintained

Greens were outstanding, and fairways had the leaves cleaned off them. Fun layout, with wide open fairways.

Will return!

Response from #SplitRockGolfClub on 10/30/2017:
Thank you for visiting us this season, Richard! We're glad you enjoyed your first trip out to Split Rock and our grounds crew appreciates your compliments of the course conditions! They've been working hard all year! We look forward to seeing you back again!

Good Day of Golf

Celebrated my son's return from 2 weeks in Florida helping restore power with a round of golf. Course was in very good shape and the weather was awesome. I expect we will return with my grandson before the golf season ends.

Response from #SplitRockGolfClub on 10/25/2017:
We can speak for a lot of our friends in Florida that they appreciate all of the work your son did helping with restoring power, and we're glad you enjoyed a great day of golf at Split Rock to celebrate his return! Thank you for your five-star rating, and we hope you will be back to play again before the end of the season!

Excellent Greens

Course was not very difficult. Great value for the price.

Greens were in excellent shape and rolling quick.

Fairways and rough were not that great. rough was cut low.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
We appreciate your feedback on your round and hope you will be back to visit us again this season, corbetttaylor.

Nice Course

Good course just a short drive south of Columbus. Good layout but tee boxes needed a lot of work in most areas. Staff were very friendly and a ranger stopped and had a nice chat with us while we were waiting on the 16th tee. My only complaint is the pace of play. We had a twosome with a very slow foursome ahead of us that I thought should have let us play through multiple times.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 08/30/2017:
Thank you for your review and feedback, Koomer. We're glad you enjoyed the course and had a nice conversation with our ranger while you were waiting for some of our other golfers!

Nice value

Took my son out to this course yesterday.

Our first time playing here and even though it's quite a haul from Dublin...we'll come back.

Tee boxes are definitely in rough shape but fairways and greens are holding up well.

Golf carts were filthy but ran fine.

Not busy so pace of play was great. 3.5 hours for 18.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 08/21/2017:
Thank you for your review and feedback, Dave! We're glad you and your son enjoyed your day at Split Rock and look forward to seeing you back again!

Wonderful course for the money!

Nice layout, challenging but not championship level difficulty. Well maintained, greens roll great and very receptive. Staff is amazing.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 08/16/2017:
Thank you for sharing your experience at Split Rock!

Ok place to go out and hit it

The course was in the middle of nowhere and while in decent shape overall the greens were chewed up. The course layout is rather easy with perhaps 3 bunkers on the entire course in places only a hacker would hit. Heard several local players commenting on their low handicap. If your not a single digit handicap on this course I would consider switching to tennis.

Response from Split Rock Golf Club on 08/07/2017:
Thank you for your feedback on your round, Don. We host golfers of all skill level and can appreciate your feedback as a low handicap golfer. We hope you still enjoyed your round and would reconsider recommending us to any of your friends looking to take up golf in the future.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018