Split Rock Golf Club was carved from the rolling countryside of northern Pickaway County. Its picturesque design is perfectly in sync with the natural surroundings. Designed by the local design team of Michael Hurzdan and Dana Fry, the golf course actually required little manipulation since much of the challenge comes from the natural features of the undulating terrain. The layout has slightly different nines that offer a diversity that appeals to a range of skill levels. The front nine is more open and forgiving while the back nine has tighter fairways that are lined with trees. Water is not a prominent presence at Split Rock Golf Club but it does come into play. In addition to the golf course, golfers are welcome to use the driving range and putting greens before teeing off.

Split Rock Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bluegrass
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1997) Dana Fry (1997)

Worth the drive

I drove 45 min to play this course and I felt indifferent about its value. It’s not the nicest course but definitely worth playing.. It’s a good challenge but playable for average golfers. Not many bunkers or water hazards but trees come into play on several holes. Pace of play was 4 hours with groups at each time. . The tee boxes could use some work but the fairways are good. Greens are good but wish people fixed their divots. They definitely water because greens were holding on approach. I’d play here again but not sure I would drive out of the way.

Split Rock did not disappoint me on my bday outing

The only reason I did not give Split Rock 6 stars was because of the traps that have been abandoned just like almost every other public golf course I play in central Ohio. This course is more than worth a drive to play. The rolling hills and non cookie cutter holes are a challenge and pleasure to play. The greens were rolling fast and fairways were incredibly well watered in light of all the lack of rain we have experienced. Pace of play for our three some was about 3 1/2 hours... always a pleasure to play here, they truly take care of this course and the folks know that without players, all this goes away...

Decent value

Course is a decent value. The pace of play was the biggest plus as we finished 18 in under 4 hours. Course was in good condition considering the lack of rain and heat. Greens were in good condition but the tee boxes were like a stone. I liked the location but the pics are a little deceiving. Course would be beautiful in the fall.

Very nice course

First time playing SR and thoroughly enjoyed our round. Liked that the course was challenging w/o overly penalizing slightly wayward shots. Back 9 was particularly interesting. The course was a bit stressed...presumably due to wet weather followed by high heat. But, overall, the conditions were pretty good. Would definitely come back for another round.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your round of golf at Split Rock Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Challenging Greens

The course was in great shape. Fairly open course but the greens make it challenging. They were fast and multiple levels. Best to be below the hole because putting downhill was interesting to say the least. I will play again.

Commented on 07/18/2019

We're glad you enjoyed the challenge the greens have to offer! We look forward to your next round with us soon.

Great value

Enjoyed playing the course did so twice in 3 weeks great layout good pace of play friendly staff the location of the course Is outstanding

Commented on 05/23/2019

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're glad you enjoyed the pace of play as well as the quality of our course staff.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Ranger asked us to play a scramble because they overbooked

First I will start with the positives. The course was in good condition, nice clubhouse and location. We booked an 8:01 tee time and soon discovered that they were tee off every 3 minutes only on hole 1. This of course caused a 15 min delay on teeing off which isn’t a huge deal. The problem began when you have a group of 4, 3 and 4 playing behind each other. The whole front 9 we were waiting on the tee box, waiting too hit our second shot then waiting on the next tee. If that was the end of our problems I wouldn’t have wrote this review. After waiting on a whole to hit our drive, we all hit our first shot and begin driving to the ball. As I get to my ball which is left if he cart path he pulls up to my friend and I and says we are playing too slow and to play best ball. We tell him we’ve been waiting all day it’s not our fault, he drives away. Comes back 5 min later after talking to the guys behind us and says play best ball out of our foursome. Obviously if we were playing slow we would have let the people behind pass but we were playing as fast as safely possible. I can’t say the same for those behind us that hit into us on literally every whole. We payed 40 a peice to play a rushed round of golf with the ranger harassing us along the way. Until they focus on quality over quantity I do not reccomend.

Commented on 09/08/2018

Cody and Keith,

We apologize for your disappointing round on the 25th of August. That day started off with a fog delay so there is no question that the 1st tee would have become backed up by 8am. Our tee times on Saturday's in season run at 7 and 8 minutes apart depending on which day part includes your tee time. Your time was 8:01a and Tom Ceacer's time was 8:08a that particular morning. We certainly apologize for the interaction between the ranger and your group being a negative one. A group had called in to the clubhouse about the pace of play, so there is no doubt that the ranger would have been trying to do whatever he could to assist groups with their pace. It was not our intention to diminish your ability to enjoy your round, which would have been unacceptable had that occurred. It is our desire here at Split Rock to make every round enjoyable to best of our ability. Please reach out to us directly at Splitrockteetimes@gmail.com if you would like to conversate further about what we can do to ensure your next experience with us is a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to review our facility and hopefully we'll see you at The Rock once again.

Response from on 08/27/2018:
Hi Jim, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations for staff friendliness and course layout. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Just right for our 4 some

We have always favored Split Rock, especially when I have friends in from out of state and we need to get one more round in thats close to home. It is always or first choice.

Response from on 09/07/2018:
Hello, We would like to thank you for always making us your first choice. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Response from on 07/31/2018:
Hi Thomas, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round here at Split Rock Golf Club. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Split rock diamond but not too rough

Course was a very pleasant surprise.
Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.
Drive from Chicago took longer than planned forgot bout time change(1 hr later) but John Golf pro Mgr.
Was more than understanding.
Course was well kept with fast well kept greens (7-8). Fairways were well above average. Nice layout will definitely play again.
So should you.

Response from on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that we met your overall expectations for staff friendliness and course layout. Remember to book your next round with us soon.

Fun Course

This course is not real long, and not too difficult. My brother who is about a +6 handicap shot even par. There are holes that can cause your trouble, but overall a very enjoyable course. We will most likely come play again.

Response from on 07/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from on 06/11/2018:
Hi, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

hilly, unlike the surrounding flat land

pleasant course, though the starter could do more to keep things organized.

Response from on 06/14/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 4-star rating. Glad to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness, course layout, course conditions, and value for the money. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

the course is excellent to learn on

I haven't played golf very much, so I decided to get a membership at Split Rock, because it was affordable and it will allow me to play more. I enjoy the course very much and it's very challenging for me. Everyone has been very helpful at answering any questions that I have had. If anyone hasn't ever played Split Rock, try it you will like the course

Response from on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club an awesome 5-star rating. We're glad you enjoyed playing our course. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.
Response from on 06/11/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

hmmmm?

I play or have played a lot of golf courses....some good some not so good......SPLIT ROCK could be a good course although it isn't at this time.
VERY PRETTY LAYOUT
MANY ANIMALS AND BIRDS
TERRIBLY DRY AND HARD FAIRWAYS
YOU WILL BREAK A TEE ON EVERY TEE BOX
GREENS ARE BUMPY AND INCONSISTENT
VERY FRIENDLY STAFF
ALWAYS A QUICK ROUND
PRICE IS RIGHT

Response from on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving your feedback. We would like to apologize for our course conditions. We are happy to have met your expectations on the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

I love this course

Great place to play. This has always been ome of my favorite places to play. The staff is great too...

Response from on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Split Rock Golf Club a 5-star rating. We are pleased to hear that we met your overall expectations. Remember to book your next round with us.

This course needs some attention

Most of the tee boxes weren't level. Golfers don't expect downhill & sidehill lies when teeing off. Also, this is the only course I play where I can't make any putts because the greens make it impossible to read the breaks. The greens need to be "rolled" to eliminate ruts and create a more consistent roll of the ball. The greens also didn't receive approach shots very well, as our shots often would hit and then roll right off the green. Perhaps a little bit more watering would help. There were quite a lot of bare patches throughout the course. A lot of downed branches and twigs were kind of annoying.

Response from on 06/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for your feedback and would like to apologize about our course conditions. We will address your comments with our management team. This will allow room for improvement. Thank you for your business and allow us to make it up to you in the near future.
Grove City, Ohio
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
Ashville, Ohio
Williamsport, Ohio
Ashville, Ohio

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.