Split Rock Golf Club

Split Rock Golf Club was carved from the rolling countryside of northern Pickaway County. Its picturesque design is perfectly in sync with the natural surroundings. Designed by the local design team of Michael Hurzdan and Dana Fry, the golf course actually required little manipulation since much of the challenge comes from the natural features of the undulating terrain. The layout has slightly different nines that offer a diversity that appeals to a range of skill levels. The front nine is more open and forgiving while the back nine has tighter fairways that are lined with trees. Water is not a prominent presence at Split Rock Golf Club but it does come into play. In addition to the golf course, golfers are welcome to use the driving range and putting greens before teeing off.
Split Rock Golf Club
Scorecard for Split Rock
Black M: 72.0/125 370 174 553 430 477 423 539 164 350 3480 520 394 182 384 354 153 428 364 580 3359 6839
Blue M: 69.5/120 347 155 521 383 398 389 516 145 322 3176 495 357 165 345 314 125 387 351 555 3094 6270
White M: 67.4/115 324 133 497 369 366 353 445 129 305 2921 469 334 146 317 289 100 362 334 520 2871 5792
Silver W: 70.0/118 274 101 445 291 333 317 424 120 301 2606 400 284 125 260 285 100 325 269 435 2483 5089
Red W: 68.1/116 269 98 439 287 327 312 417 117 265 2531 387 281 125 254 227 100 323 264 430 2391 4922

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bluegrass
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1997) Dana Fry (1997)

Course Always Over Books

My tee time was for around 9AM on a Saturday morning. I showed up at 8:30 and the parking lot was 95% full. They tried to pair my two some up with another random two some which I absolutely can't stand. I can understand this happening at really high end course but not this one. The course played extremely slow, was out there for roughly 6 hours. Come to find out during the round that they had a golf outing going on during that time. It's ridiculous to me that a course would put on a golf outing and still book tee times for regular customers! There were random foursomes jumping around holes, we had 3 different groups from the golf outing cut in front of us during the round. Overall, I think it's a pretty solid course but they overbook and after the golf outing incident I'll never play there again.

Commented On 07/31/2016

Mr. Sapp,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your round out here with us at Split Rock.

We apologize for the disappointment you experienced with our facility. We would be happy to make it right with you. If possible could you send us an email at splitrockteetimes@gmail.com so we can assist you further.

Occasionally we start small 30-40 player outings in reverse formation starting on the back nine and then turn over to the front. Generally these have little to no effect on outside play. Larger outings 60+ would force us to block the entire tee sheet for their spot, like most players are accustom.

Split Rock

First time played and will return. Well maintained and player friendly. It is a busy place due to the quality of the course and pricing. Lack of tall grass leads to finding most of the bad shots which helps keep that score respectable.

Commented On 07/22/2016

Thank your for your feedback!

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you back out here with us at Split Rock. Very glad you enjoyed your round.

Sleeper in the Country

What a completely pleasant spot! Tucked on the south side of Columbus about 25 min from downtown.

Farming country.

A very nice course layout. Greens were very very soft after a good rain the day before.

Otherwise this course would likely be a bit dry in summer.

Length is very standard, with only a few weird tee positions for back tees.

#10 black tee is a bit stupid.

Staff are way out really nice.

Play it, it's a great track.

Commented On 07/22/2016

Woody,

Thanks for the kind words!

We're very glad you had the chance to play at our facility. Hopefully you have the opportunity to re-join us in the near future

Fun and challenging. Great conditions

Fun Bargain

Well kept course that is fun for players of all types. Fairways are tight, but there is no real trouble anywhere on the course. Short yardage course makes for a great confidence booster. Shot my best ever round here playing it for the first time. WI'll definitely go back.

Great value, fun round

First time playing Split Rock. Really enjoyed myself. Greens were in good shape. A lot of roll in the fairways and rough. Only possible complaint was we would have liked to have seen a beverage cart more often. Didn't see one on the back nine.

Nice

Great course and layout. Only problem is there were no water coolers on the course! Not cool on a hot day!

One of the BEST in the area

I have been playing Split Rock for a few years now and keep finding myself returning for more. I really enjoy the course layout. Several very challenging holes and a nice variety of elevations throughout the course. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Fantastic Greens

This is a great course for anyone that plays golf... the course is in great shape.... the fairways could use more water but that helps your drives roll further. The greens are so soft that every ball checks up nicely. Have fun.... we did!

Great Course not far outside of the city

I've played this course only twice but have really enjoyed it both times. The par 3's are fun and challenging. The overall course is in great shape, the bunkers had some water in them but other than that everything else was awesome. Price is right on!

Luke

It was really damp and dreary out but the course was well maintained. I would have given the course an overall 5 star but there were far too many weeds. Which made it difficult to find your ball if you were off of the fairway. The young man in the club house was great. Very efficient and courteous.

Commented On 05/10/2016

Luke,

Thanks for the comments!

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are getting very close to having the growth patterns of the fairways and roughs match that of the undesirable grasses. We would love to see you back here again sometime soon. We'll make to sure to commend the young man that made your experience with us a pleasant one. Thanks again, -SR

Disappointed

Bunkers in horrible shape. Weeds everywhere. I've played there several previous rounds through the years. The last couple times I feel the course has really been neglected.

Commented On 04/22/2016

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the course. We have been working on the condition of the course daily but dealing with up and down weather conditions this early in the season. We are looking forward to having the best possible product for our players to enjoy in the coming weeks as we move into the start of the golf season. Hopefully, you'll be able to rejoin us at some point in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly at splitrockteetimes@gmail.com if you would like to further our discussion or would like to let us know what it would take you continue to earn your business.

Thanks again for playing and providing feedback.

Great value

I love this course because its easy to get to, cheap to play, and always in decent shape. Great for practice rounds

Fall Golf

Had a nice day of golf at Split Rock. Fairways are long and pretty open, not many trees or obstacles. Greens were in pretty good shape a little slow, some had leaves but not many considering it is Fall. 18th hole was the most challenging just because it is so long. Par 3's were nice and had varying elevation levels that were fun to try and hit the green.

homage to the rock

i play all over central ohio and return here often. it is a very comfortable place to play. quiet, scenic, friendly, with colorful vistas, wildlife, etc. staff is above average friendliness. 18 is the perfect finishing hole. nice carts and above average food selection. the split rock itself is a treasure.

Great course for the money

The course is challenging and fun. The layout is nice and the condition of the course is good. The greens were recently aerated but are in good shape now. Played this course around 10 times this season.

split rock

good time golfing with the boys. I would play here again, and again.

lots of fun

Had no problem with checking in as a GolfNow player - he actually let me out early and by myself...first three holes were open and boring, but after that, it was lots of fun to play there for my first time. $15 to ride on a Sunday was great.

Golfing

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The play was fast, played in two hours and 45 minutes. The course has a variety of holes that can offer golfers a fun round. I would recommend this course to all of my friends.

Labor Day

Course was in good condition. Only slow because of the holiday. Very hot and humid. Golfing is better than work any day!!!

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018