A view of a tee at Rawiga Golf & Swim Club

Rawiga Golf Course - Rawiga Golf & Swim Club

Year Built 1959
Golf Season April 1 - December 1
Architect Larry Packard (1959)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

A strugke

I like the course and am generally happy here.
Not so much on this day. I went out as a single, and I don't mind getting paired up. .On this particular morning they put with a twosome, one of which had only been on a golf course one other time in his life. Needles to say play was very slow as he had little idea of golf protocol.
I don't mind that we all started out that way.
But the course was busy and our group quickly caused a backup. the group behind us began hitting into us., and the ranger was out there checking us out.
He asked if there was a problem and suggested that we needed to speed up. I explained the situation. but I was not given the option to continue play on my own.
so what should have been a 4 hour round turned into 5 hours and 45 minutes being pushed the whole way.
Very uncomfortable.
I stopped at the club house at the end of the round, to talk to them about this and pretty much got blown off.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Never Again

All courses in NE Ohio are going to be busy when a 65 degree day in November comes along, that was expected. However, if a course is going to make it mandatory that you’re paired up with another two prior to teeing off then you should be notified when booking. I had no issues playing with another two-some and likely would’ve paired up while we were waiting on every hole along the way. I didn’t care for the course employee demanding that we paired up w a group that had a tee time 20 min prior to our scheduled time. After 5 holes we surpassed the 2hr mark and this was not due to our poor/slow play. We were behind a 3-some who were also paired up on the first tee, that was about 2 holes behind the next group. I paid for 18 holes and left the course after 6.One individual in our group phoned the clubhouse and advised them of the extremely slow play and an employee came out, but the situation didn’t improve. Severely mismanaged / over-booked and the repeated response I received from the course employee was that Golf Now was to blame for the booking and the course didn’t even benefit or make money from those bookings. Not what any customer wants to hear. If the course has issues with how Golf Now is handling their booking then they should take that up with them and not treat the customer as if they’re just the person in the middle and everyone’s hands are tied. I didn’t pursue a credit/refund/rain check because I already knew that the course employee would just suggest I handle that issue with Golf Now, and frankly you couldn’t pay me to play there again. I’ll chalk up the 6 hole $25 experience as a reminder to never again go back! If you enjoy watching folks walk around in the cornfield that borders the course searching for golf balls for 10 min each hole, then this is the place for you!

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Terrible experience

Too many negatives - let me note a few.

Tee boxes are worse than goat track.

Greens beat up, unkempt and don’t roll true.

Only person working was rude and inconsiderate - that alone is enough to not come back.

Pass of play slow as molasses- 5 1/2 hours.

Although a decent layout not worth the aggravation at all !

Many better courses in the area that actually treat you nice.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rawiga Golf & Swim Club.

Excellent course

One of the true hidden gems in Northeast Ohio. Rolling hills, fast greens and well manicured fairways. The rough is not too bad, but the greens are on the small side and difficult to hold unless you can really spin the ball.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice time

First time for partner. Hilly course, well maintained. Some grass cuttings residue on greens otherwise well maintained. Tee boxes good. Fairways good. All in all well maintained and good upkeep.

Extremely Underrated

The layout here has potential to be one of the best in the area, as it has enough variation, the greens are smooth but difficult as they roll off all sides, and the fairways are mostly perfect. Conditions have definitely improved during the last few year.s. My only suggestion is that number 1 used to be number 10 when it was private, and is a pretty difficult start on that hole followed by the long par 3, whereas the current number 10 is straight and number 11 is a short par 3. I'd flip them back, get customers scorecards starting well, and save some abuse on the current front 9 so tee boxes can recover. Besides that, the employees are all nice and really are about the customer, fitting everyone in seamlessly even when busy, accommodating different skill levels, and making decisions to keep all players happy.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rawiga Golf & Swim Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Poor service

Just had the guy behind the counter tell my friend and I that it was too late to tee off. It was 6:33 pm. The cut-off was 6:30. We were told that there was an outing in the morning and they had to have the carts in"early" to have time to get them ready for the next day. There was a foursome preparing to hit their second shots on number 1, and no golfers on holes 10-14. He would not let a twosome out in a single cart on the back nine, (scratch and ten handicap), evidently, thinking that we wouldn't beat the foursome. FYI - I belong to Medina CC and we then drove there and played nine- teeing off at 7:05 pm. I can't believe that business is so good that the owner of Rawiga would not want another $36 in his pocket!

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Sadly Slipping away

Once beautiful course that is slowly fading away. Chewed up tee boxes devoid of grass, weeds in bunkers, browned out fairways. Poor overall condition, very disappointing . Greens were decent in all fairness. Usually play here 4-5 times a year as I travel around NE Ohio and kind of sad to say that today was probably my last. Good bye Rawiga...

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi, and thanks for the feedback of your recent round with us! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/23/2020

It’s sad. Last week my friend and I endured a three hour 20 minute front nine. Tonight, we were denied playing at 6:33 pm. The cutoff was 6:30. The back nine had the first four holes open, the front nine had a foursome on #1 fairway. Somehow, the guy behind the counter didn’t seem to understand that we would play faster than the foursome on the front. That’s it for me. I was a member there for 15 years when it was private and love the course, however, it’s not worth the hassles. By the way, we drove to my club, Medina CC, and teed off at 7:05 pm. We finished well before dark! You’d think Rawiga would have wanted our $36.

Good layout, stressed from summer heat & lack of rain

Former member when it was a private club. Played earlier this season and everything was great. Returned for a second round this year., and it was not a good experience. Unlike the first visit, tee times and groups were not being monitored. Had a 6-some tee off during my tee time. Contacted the golf shop by phone and informed the nice lady whom answered, about the situation. I said, “I would like the situation addressed or I will come in immediately for a refund.” The person who came out very promptly was the owner. He was very rude to our group after talking to the 6-some. Very plainly verbalized and felt we were threatening “his employee” with the request.

The 6-some did split into a 4-some and 2-some for the remainder of the front 9. The pace of play was pretty good, about 2 hrs. on a Saturday late morning. Unfortunately at the turn they merged again and finished out as a 6-some. Fortunately, at that point our 3-some just did not care and made the best of a beautiful day in Northeast Ohio.

Sadly I and others I know will never return. I wish the best to the owner and staff.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Best deal in Ohio

Great course. Great Deal. Hidden gem in North central Ohio. Play it when ever you can. You won't be disappointed.

Tight fairways and tough greens

Fairways on many holes were pretty tight. Rough was dry and hard, so ball rolls a ton. Greens were in good shape, but very firm. Tough to adjust to crowned/elevated greens where you end up penalized for a decent shot. Tee boxes were very beat up, especially the pars 3's. Last played a few years ago. Too long ago to recall details of holes where local knowledge would be beneficial.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rawiga Golf & Swim Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Medina, Ohio