Style Links
Roses Run Country Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Brian Huntley (1998)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Front nine greens punched

We like this course when it is kept up. Fairways and greens are really good. Front nine is being aerated so hard to putt. But this is a great course.

Not worth the money

This course is not worth $34. Just because it runs thru a nice neighborhood does not make it a nice course. Grass surrounding the greens is all dead. Allowed groups of 5 on the course that were not respectful to the other golfers. Other courses in area are less expensive and better taken care of, and have much better layouts.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Hi Andy, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Roses Run Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice track

Course was in very good shape - especially blue tee boxes and up. I play all the way back (gold) and those were rough in spots. Greens were smooth and had great pace. 5-6 Tough pin placements made for a challenging day- but welcomed the challenge. Fairways were excellent. Finally - be prepare to hit different clubs off tees, but I enjoyed the change of attack even though I’m a bomber with just ok accuracy. Absolutely recommend right now as a nice NE Ohio track.

Roses Run

It was hot out the past few days so there was some rough grass and quite a bit of stuff that wasn't grass in places that should have been grass. Greens and fairways were pretty good, tee boxes were just ok. Overall, course was pretty good. I've played here many times, I've never REALLY been let down here. Definitely a fun and nice course. FYI...... for those that it makes a difference, great bar and patio!

Never going back

This is a decent course, actually with a beautiful clubhouse and bar/patio. I played with 3 other guys today, and it was supposed to be 18, but the first 9 played in 3 hours and 20 minutes....9 holes....3 hours and 20 minutes...of course it’s a busy place due to Fourth of July coming up, but it’s obvious that they either took anyone that came and gave them a tee time or they just didn’t care about pace of play. Any ranger that would have gone out would have seen 3 groups on EVERY TEE!!! A group behind us quit after 7 holes and I don’t blame them a bit. Also, got a hot dog after my only 9 (I couldn’t take it anymore) and was not told (after standing at the bar for about 3 minutes after I paid), that there was a serve yourself station. Open bag of buns that every golfer in front of me put their hands in. Nice Safety quality there! I’ve enjoyed rounds here in the past but it’s just an odd layout on many holes that aren’t enjoyable or clever, and today put me over the edge. I won’t come back.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of the course and your round with us. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and will use your comment as guidance in doing so. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the clubhouse and bar/patio to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Roses Run Country Club. We hope that you'll give us another chance to show you how we've improved!

Great course-Terrible carts

Roses Run is a beautiful course and is in super condition .Only complaint was the terrible golf cart we had..either you had very little blacking power or the brakes would lock-up.Still a very nice course and 2e will come back

A Beautiful Course with a Friendly Marshal

There were a few groups clumped together around 9:00 am and everyone had to start on the back 9. It was just my father-in-law and me, and we started behind two foursomes. Notably, the first foursome was quite slow, and so the first three holes were pretty slow. Thankfully, the marshal was on top of everything, and even pushed the foursome in front of us to play through the first foursome, and then eventually we were able to play through that initial (i.e. first) foursome. After we were able to play through, things went fairly smoothly. Overall, the course is challenging, but a good kind of challenging with interesting layouts, narrow fairways, and pretty views. We'll certainly play there again.

2nd Time Out

Was a fun time, very nice course, with a different challenge on each hole, great staff, be careful you don't get lost going from 8th green to 9th Tee... But overall great place will be back soon

Fun course, challenging

We love this course. It’s challenging and very pretty. We always have a great time here.

Course is great, carts not

It has been 4 or 5 years since I last played here. The course looked great. They really need to do something about their carts. The twosome I played with had to call for a new cart on the 3rd hole. I switched out my cart after 9 holes. The next cart wasn't much better. The problem was they were really slow going uphill, sometimes wondering if they were going to quit.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Roses Run Country Club.

Quirky Layout and Quirky Greens

The course is interesting and challenging. But parts of it are downright quirky. For example, the Par 5 fifth hole is 350 yards. I teed off with a 9 iron to keep in front of the lake. Hit 2 good shots to get right in front of the green, only to find out the there was no way to keep my chip shot anywhere close to the pin because it was tucked in the extreme right corner of the green. It seemed like the greenskeeper had a bad day. A number of the pins were not easily accessible at all.
Pace of play was a problem too. The front nine was almost 3 hours. We never saw a ranger. We quit after 11 holes and 3.5 hours of our time. We couldn’t take it anymore.
We will not likely play again.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

cart

The cart I CHOSE HAD PEANUTE ON IT AT 7:30 AM. MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY CLEAN CARTS
EVERYTHING ELSE AWESOME

Inconsistent and lack of interest

Hadn’t played Roses Run in years and thought I’d give it another try. Person at the pro shop didn’t even get up to greet me and groused about it being done through GolfNow. I had to ask where to go next. Picked out a cart only to find out the brakes didn’t work hardly at all when we raced down the hill between 1&2. Traded out said cart at the turn and the guy couldn’t care one bit , just said go get another one. The last 6 holes are nicely laid out & they’re working on improving the conditions but the greens were very inconsistent in speed, which was frustrating. Won’t be back again.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Roses Run Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio