Type Municipal

Clubs No

Dress code Proper Dress Required

Junior Golfers 11

Blustery Day

The weather was cold and windy, but course was excellent for October in Ohio. Greens were very good
and smooth. Not crowded because of weather so I finished 18 in 3 hours. A very good experience!

Nice course in great shape, though they had recently sanded (top dressed) the greens. Will go back again soon.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, u000007682074. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Fox Den Golf Course!

Too slow

Everything is great, except the tee times are all over and they don’t play fast enough. If people schedule tee times, it would work better.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello u000006303417. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Fairways condition

Fairways were not in good condition much of this year.

Commented on 10/09/2019

Hello, Ilwenterprises49. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Mixed

Played here for years and always a decent course.
Played recently on a perfect day and after 6 holes I really thought the course was in the process of closing as the conditions were very poor. If you askled me at that point I'd say I'd never come back again. and then..the course conditions improved to the normal pretty good course I have known for years. Only paid $12(coupon) so worked out fine but really need to put some attention into the first 6 holes.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hello, u000004496341. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great local course

Great local course with a nice mix of reachable par 4s and some brutal par 5s. Greens were in great shape and the course overall was immaculate.

Commented on 08/27/2019

Hello, Cookie3204. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Fox Den Golf Course!

Course suited to above average golfers

The course was not in prime condition at the time of play. It is rather challenging for beginning or below average golfers, especially for seniors who cannot hit a long drive. The pro shop is adequately equipped and the snack bar within has good, reasonably priced food. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Fox Den golf experience

The course was challenging and the fairways could use maintenance. There were many bare spots in the fairways. The course places the tees boxes at significant distances from the blues to the reds. There was standing water in spots from the previous night's rain. All-in-all it was an enjoyable golf experience.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fox Den Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi Colten223. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Den Golf Course.

Showing signs of damage

Greens were a bit rough. A bit slow as well as damaged and unrepaired. May be a result as the last few days heavy play? Bit moist. Generally in fair to good condition.

Commented on 08/16/2019

Hello, cigarmanraf. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hello, johnnylew. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Fox Den Golf Course.

If you like SLOOOW play.....this is your course

This course has no idea how to make and work tee times. I have given this course several chances and every time I play here I hit SLOOOOW play. I have played during week and weekends and the same slow play rears its head. I have called the clubhouse during play...since there are no rangers on the course... to get groups moving. You'll get 2-3 groups sometimes on one hole. I get the same excuses...We get a lot a play, we had an outing, nothing we can really do about it, etc...

The driving range is awful....Mostly Dirt and holes...very little grass to hit from. Range balls look like they went into the woods and ponds and picked them out and threw them into the range ball machine.

The greens roll nice but players don't fix divots and with lots of spike marks.

Tee Boxes are ok...some are rock hard you need a hammer to put your tee into the ground,

The pro shop is has a good selection.

The concession stand has good selections but a little slow needs some more help when it is busy...which is most of the time.

If the course could figure out how to spread tee times and have starters that know how to get groups off ...you should be able to play 18 holes in about 3:45 to a max of 4 hours.. Until they figure this out plan on 4 1/2 to 5-hour rounds.

I will not play this course anymore...Good Luck to anyone that does.

Commented on 07/30/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Could have been better

I played this course on a Friday afternoon thinking it would not be crowded. They were hosting a company picnic with multiple tee times in my opinion were too close together. We waited 15 minutes to get off the first tee ( after our tee time) . We were initially paired up with another 2 some. They were new at the game and asked me if I minded if they played ahead of us to save them the embarrassment of judging golfers rushing them. I allowed them to get a hole ahead of us. The back 9 had 0 people teeing off. The ranger approached me and demanded that we catch up to the couple he paired us with. We were contacted by multiple golfers asking to speed up. I’m a firm believer in if you pay for a round of golf you are owed just that. I liked the layout of it but I think the staff has a few things left to be learned about customer service.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Scorcher

It was an extremely hot and humid day. The course was in decent shape, considering the rain we had the previous day.
Due to the heat, the course had bottled water stations and a beverage cart, which was nice.
Fun course to play, I'll be back!

Commented on 07/23/2019

Enjoyable Round of Golf

Very challenging course course. Excellent layout.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hello, u000005337300. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

This course is a great course to refine your game.

Not as good as some other courses near by (Ellsworth or Brookledge) for both quality and value.
Been playing here for the past 8 years and there has been a positive design change on the front nine (holes 5 & 6).
Driving range is across the street and is not very good.

Cart Paths Need Work

Course is in good condition, greens really true, but some of the tee boxes need some repairs & the cart paths are like driving in land mines.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Hello, u843949257. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Love waiting on EVERY shot?

Do you love waiting on EVERY shot? Then, this course is for you!! We (our 3-some) are average golfers, but we play "ready-golf". There is no need for a 4-some to travel to each ball and watch their buddy duff it 10 yards, then get back into the cart to travel to it. It was painful to say the least. There is no marshall out on the course to monitor, and keep things flowing. When paying $45+, there are much better local courses to spend your playing.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hello adevol14. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Pace of play nightmare

We were a threesome placed behind two SLOW playing foursomes. At the turn we voiced our displeasure with the pace of play. We were waiting between 5-10 minutes to take our next shot on every hole! A few holes it was so slow that the next group behind us (another threesome) had caught up to us and was waiting at the tee with us. Even after voicing our displeasure with pace of play nothing was done to rectify the situation and it was never asked if we wanted to play through. Eventually we just gave up and played best ball. This was the first time I have ever considered picking my ball up and going home after nine holes, that’s how bad it was. Overall the course was in ok shape with all the rain that has been dumped on it lately but we will not be returning due to the pace of play and lack of response from the course.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hi u647056322. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Den Golf Course.

Commented on 06/04/2019