MetroWest Golf Club

MetroWest Golf Club
Scorecard for MetroWest Golf Club
Gold M: 74.4/138 375 413 200 610 386 429 541 178 405 3537 584 349 397 389 562 196 398 226 413 3514 7051
Blue M: 71.6/135 370 385 171 568 381 388 517 173 372 3325 540 344 368 379 529 161 388 198 387 3294 6619
White M: 69.5/130 333 366 158 524 348 378 482 150 350 3089 513 319 343 366 485 126 353 164 346 3015 6104
Red W: 69.8/121 278 323 119 484 271 340 456 109 326 2706 443 258 292 325 453 105 284 139 320 2619 5325

Year Built 1987
Fairways Bermuda 419 Grass
Greens Tiftway II Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1987) Roger Rulewich (1987)

Golf School Academy Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #20)

MetroWest was fun

Thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon at MetroWest. Staff was very helpful from the pre-round lunch to the cart return guys. I highly recommend MetroWest. It is central to Orlando and easily accessible. Also, note while MetroWest is in a busy area, once you are on the course you are not bothered by off course noises and homes do not crowd the course. Slicers will not be intimidated.

I'm surprised at the condition of this course. Every time it seems like MW is making a comeback, it takes steps backward. There have always been some trouble spots around the course with regard to irrigation and drainage. I was particularly disappointed with manicuring around the bunkers. The sand is in terrible shape and the edging around the traps look like they haven't been touched in months. Our group lost a few balls that landed near bunkers around the greens. Losing a $4 ball on a shot that's slightly off target is unacceptable. I'm hoping it's a matter of time before Hampton puts some money into fine tuning. I've seen what they've done to other courses (Palencia in particular) and it's nothing short of amazing. Until then, I'll most likely take Metrowest out of the rotation.

Nice relaxed feel to the course

Greeted by a very helpful and friendly starter. The driving range was a little out of play due to the weather so hitting off the back of the range towards the normal teeing area.

The course was under going some green keeping work but this did not effect our game.

The greens were a little slow but still rolled true.

The only pit falls were working distances out !! There were 100,150 and 200 yard markers in the fairway but they are not easily seen from the cart so a bit of hunting to find them (maybe paint around them to highlight them better) distances from the tees to bunkers, trees, water etc was pure guess work (I wish I had my Bushnel with me !!)

Not a wide range of food to select but the Turkey sandwich was very nice.

Would we play here again yes as I now have a little more idea on the lay out and yardage’s :-)

Would not recommend this course , very wet , none of the holes are labeled and hard to get around , we got stuck in the mud and had to call 3 times to get help , they left us there waiting for 45 minutes when we were only 5 minutes from the club house and then we got an attitude from the guy they sent to push us out

Will never play there again

Commented On 09/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

Disappointed

Conditions were terrible. Will have a hard time booking this course again.

Commented On 09/18/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact us at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

Soggy, muddy, extremely wet

I will start this by saying I have not played Metrowest in awhile. I have played this course several times including a U.S. Open qualifier when it was in its glory days. I will start by saying the driving range was in decent shape, but they do not have a chipping area. The sole putting green is marked for no chipping so that was a bummer not to get at least a few shots in around the green. As we played through the round, which was a 7:50 tee time, we had to dodge super sprinklers on several holes just off the fairway which was surprising as other areas of the course were so wet that I lost a ball in the middle of the fairway. On another hole, my ball plugged near the face of a bunker, as I tried to play my shot, the bunker collapsed and I had to jump in to avoid falling. The course did not have any water coolers on any holes, just the clubhouse before the round or on the turn. Extremely disappointing to see the course like this, but hopefully the new management can make improvements. This course use to be an A++, definitely not that right now.

Commented On 08/23/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible.

Wet grounds

I have played golf at Metro West many times however, this time the course was very wet and not well maintained.

Commented On 08/10/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and are hard at work attending to your grievances. We hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Going downhill

Hot summer Saturday and no water available via cart girl. No more restaurant, grill with old burgers and hot dogs. No more teaching pro in house.

Rented out the pro shop so ten sq ft in the bar serves as that now.

This place used to be the class of Orlando, far from it no. Dom would be bummed.

Commented On 08/02/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us directly at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

not bad, not good

Nice greens, but the rest of the course was just OK. The cart girl told the other two players in our group that she was going to kick them off the course if she saw them with outside beer again. No real pro shop and the range ball machine didn't work. Cart staff was nice. Pace of play was horrible. 5:15. No rangers on the course.

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Very Wet

the Greens were in good condition but a number of the holes were VERY wet. I love the layout of this course and for the price, I was happy to pay it. However, I would like to see management do a better job keeping restrooms, etc clean.

Commented On 07/23/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We are hard at work attending to your grievances and hope to see you again in the future!

Just a bit soggy

Greens, fairways, t-boxes were in great condition. 4 or 5 fairways were saturated from our rainy season but you cant blame the course management for that. Great day out there. The course will test your resolve and make you use about every club in your bag. Don’t give in keep grinding. Will be back soon. A great value for such a nice course that has been one of Orlando’s best since the 80’s.

Improving conditions, good staff

The course conditions are improving at Metro West. Very professional staff.

Commented On 07/23/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Once a Premier Course, now just run of the mill

There was a time when I considered MetroWest to be the Premier golf course in the area. Those days are in the past. The layout is the same and always challenging but the course is rough around the edges. The greens are slow and patchy. The long fescue around the traps just make the course look shaggy. The staff is adequate but hardly enthusiastic though I did appreciate JR giving me a nine hole rain check even though it was not raining (I did not have time for the back nine). A $25 price reflected a good value nonetheless and we had the course to ourselves.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

The course has deteriotated

Have played this course near 100 times since it’s inception in 1984 although I had not played it in the last 4 years. I was shocked at how much it had deteriorated. Patchy fairways and overgrown traps

were the main issues. Greens were fair to good.

It is playable and I would play it again as it is in my neighborhood area. It’s just not close to the Metrowest I used to know.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 06/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Bare spots

Overseed is gone, now we see the true condition of fairways, with many bare spots, rough areas are worse. Tee boxes also are chewed-up. Greens are decent, but we're recently punched.

Commented On 06/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Windermere, Florida