MetroWest Golf Club

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Once a Premier Course, now just run of the mill"

DonPurcell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

There was a time when I considered MetroWest to be the Premier golf course in the area. Those days are in the past. The layout is the same and always challenging but the course is rough around the edges. The greens are slow and patchy. The long fescue around the traps just make the course look shaggy. The staff is adequate but hardly enthusiastic though I did appreciate JR giving me a nine hole rain check even though it was not raining (I did not have time for the back nine). A $25 price reflected a good value nonetheless and we had the course to ourselves.

Commented on 07/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

"The course has deteriotated"

u000001902031's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Have played this course near 100 times since it’s inception in 1984 although I had not played it in the last 4 years. I was shocked at how much it had deteriorated. Patchy fairways and overgrown traps

were the main issues. Greens were fair to good.

It is playable and I would play it again as it is in my neighborhood area. It’s just not close to the Metrowest I used to know.

Commented on 07/09/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Commented on 07/09/2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Commented on 06/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

"Bare spots"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

Overseed is gone, now we see the true condition of fairways, with many bare spots, rough areas are worse. Tee boxes also are chewed-up. Greens are decent, but we're recently punched.

Commented on 06/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Commented on 06/18/2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 06/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

"Nice layout but......."

Popadinas's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

Needs a lot of TLC.

Course is nice layout but in very poor shape, many bare spots on fairways, excessives cart damage everywhere from carts, greens very slow poot condition. Staff people great.

Commented on 06/18/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

Commented on 06/06/2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

"Great layout but poorly maintained"

JMandry's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

The course is fun to play and has a nice design but the greens were atrocious and extremely bumpy and slow. Players should be adviced ahead of time.

Commented on 05/30/2018

Hampton Golf Management

"Course fairways still need improvement"

Kevin6761908's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Love the course. Great staff. Greens in very good shape. Recent rains will help. Fairways continue to be below average

Commented on 05/16/2018

"Confused"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Confused on how you have 7:20 am start time with a huge scramble starting at 9 am. I was on 15 when two groups of four drove up to tee off on 16. I had to quit or wait interminably for them. I quit.

Commented on 05/15/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

"Chago’s Review"

Eljefeloco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Good value for the price. However, the sprinklers were on on hole # 2, some spots on the fairway need attention and the greens were ok but not on great shape. Overall, it’s my first time playing the course but I will definitely return.

Commented on 05/15/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

"Unfortunate"

Tenobsiul's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

We got out early in the morning expecting to get a round in quickly, and we did that. But the conditions on the tee boxes, and some fairways were not too great. My biggest complaint is that the sprinklers were running on at least half of the holes we played. I called the pro shop to inform them about the situation, only to have the gentleman tell me that I was not the first person to have said that. I may not go back.

Hampton Golf Management

"Average course, average experience"

lukezhu's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course conditions were not good, this gave me reason of rating the "value for the money" to fair, not average

Commented on 05/15/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please reach out to us at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

"5 hour round"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Played this course with my husband and it took 5 hours. The course is in good condition and we have played it before and had a long round but decided to give it another try. The course was really slow and we waited on every hole which is a shame as the course is really good. Unfortunately the ladies toilet on the 13th hole was filthy and I couldn't use it.

Commented on 05/10/2018

guitar58's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

"Nice course layout"

John1378844's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Overall good conditions a few greens need a little work. Will play again

Commented on 05/03/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

"What a waste"

hrh5445's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Very good layout that is financially challenged and the course shows it. Maintenance is suffering, some fairways are barren and the tees were a mess. This is a beautiful course that is in dire need of maintenance and repair. I played 15-20 years ago and it was fantastic, I played it 7 years ago and stress was evident. Without changes this course will be closed soon. I will not play again.

Commented on 05/02/2018

Course is in great shape. All teachers should receive a discount. The tee boxes need a lil fixing.

Commented on 04/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us directly at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.