1 reviews

Located in Tipp City in southern Miami County, Homestead Golf Course is situated on farmland that was originally homesteaded by the Knife Family in 1814, who have owned and operated the course since it opened. The land was used agriculturally until the nine-hole, public course was built in the 1960s. Designed by the Knife family, it was a nine-hole course until 1973 when another nine was added. At just over 6,300 yards, the course is not terribly long but there are a few challenges to contend with. Water hazards come into play on a few holes and there are more than 40 bunkers strategically placed throughout. Homestead Golf Course is fair and not overly difficult. Beginners will definitely be able to approach it with confidence and the affordability is appealing to any skill level.
Scorecard for Homestead
Blue M: 70.4/129 422 198 319 492 355 329 154 345 397 3011 423 316 501 168 387 185 376 435 506 3297 6308
White M: 68.3/126 376 169 306 476 342 325 143 324 381 2842 357 296 486 150 370 140 351 400 476 3026 5868
Red M: 65.9/124 W: 70.5/122 356 153 286 432 316 318 128 256 369 2614 342 255 435 131 316 126 338 356 422 2721 5335

Year Built 1965
Fairways Blue grass
Architect Bill Amick

Homestead Golf Course in Tipp City Ohio

First of all I got ripped off because they have an add on there web site saying green fees and 1/2 cart 18 holes 20.00 dollars per person. I total the manager if I could play the back 9 first and then finish up on the front 9 manager said no problem Well it all started on hole number 15 the cart that I was in started driving slower and slower and I saw a man getting the grass and told him about the problem and he said he would get somebody out here to help me. Nobody came so I continue to struggle with the cart on hole 17th I called in to speak to the manager and told him about my problem and he said that someone will come out to help me I waited 30 minutes and nobody showed up at that my boiling pressure was steaming mad so I walked back to the clubhouse and told the manager were is the person at that suppose to help me his respone was I totally forget about you. At that moment I blue up and told the manager I wanted my money back and his comment was well you play 7 holes already so I asked to speak to the owner and of course he wasn't there so I then asked for his phone number and tried to call him and got no answer. I am so mad because I play this course I will never ever play this course again not even if its free. This by far is the worse course ever in Ohio All I want is my money back
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor

Beautiful ponds and stone bridges on back 9.

Homestead is one of the nicest and most interesting courses in Miami County. Very well kept with a variety of bunkers and water hazzards. Moderate length.
Off-course amenities Good

Course is well maintained

Beautiful green fairways. Newly paved cart paths. Will definitely be a course I will play again
Pace of Play Excellent

B J Hacker

Great course! Lots of updates being done and very easy to walk 9.

Best of Dayton

Great condition. Walkable. Average to short. One of the best in the Dayton area.
Quality of food & beverage Poor
Pace of Play Excellent
Off-course amenities Good
Value for the Money Excellent

Hidden Gem of Dayton area. Very well maintained. Nice & open, but not overly so. Some very fun holes, & some difficult ones as well. You wont find a better course for the price in the area. Rate of play is always on point as well.
Staff Friendliness Good