2.1

Year Built 1925
Fairways Bluegrass

Single Allowed No

Not what we expected

This course is in desperate need of repair and some TLC. They have not had rain in over a month, which is not the fault of the course. Besides that, the layout of the course was very difficult to follow. Several times, the girls that were playing could not navigate where the next hole was. We were there for an event and they had make-shift tee boxes that were basically just grass. The event seemed disorganized and they were not ready for us due to another event that morning. Because of the lack of rain, everything was hard and balls bounced around like crazy. There were leaves everywhere. The girls needed a blower on a couple greens; they spend so much time removing debris. Three times we stopped at the shop for a drink and restroom break and once to drop off a player. Every time we left our cart sit, we came out to a missing cart. This could be considered efficient but it was rather annoying to have to FIND our cart. A drink and a card we had been keeping score and taking notes on were missing. Staff was nice enough but the cart boys were a little too overzealous when removing still-used carts. They need a specific "return" area so they know when the cart is no longer in use! The cost to rent a cart and the cost for the group to play this course was very high considering the condition they knew it was in. I hope we do not go back to this event.

Nice place to play

Course was nice and greens were smooth and fast great selection of drinks at the turn and have full bar as well. Lots to offer in the pro shop and the shop staff and starters were very friendly. The bar staff is awesome and lots of fun.

I would recommend to everyone to stop by and play this course

Course needs alot of work

The whole course, needs a lot of money, and time, and up keep. The fairways, are tight, rock hard, full of, clover, dandelions, and oh, divots. Leafs, everywhere, along the sides. Greens are ok, some have, bare dirt, moss, and lots of ball marks. Tee boxes, need dirt, leveled off, and overall, course needs money put back into it. There are also. no water coolers, on the course. If the course, did not have, Nick, the course would go under. The Fish manangement team, needs help.

Really, Really Bad

I'm not one who writes many reviews but after my round this past Sunday (4/24) I needed to express my concerns somewhere. When we arrived the pro shop staff was extremely rude and not concerned at all with helping us. They couldn't even help us understand simple golf related questions like - What's the current pace of play, how are the current conditions - the answer was unanimously, "I don't know". It was a take your money and leave feeling. Then we approached the first tee and the true bewilderment happened. This course is absolutely horrendous. There were dandelions everywhere, no sand in the bunkers, couldn't really tell the difference fairway and rough, and the greens were rolling somewhere around a 3. I really couldn't believe I paid money to actually play this course. You're better off going to a local playground, throwing 18 sticks in the ground and playing to those. It was just so extremely bad. Talk about losing business forever. Do not waste your money.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/07/2016

Strange how reviews happen on a Discounted rate. Heavy rain the 3 days before, with lots of courses in the Toledo area not even open on the Sunday this players is talking about. We lowered the price for the day because of certain areas being flooded and Heavy tractors and mowers that could not get to certain areas because of the water and could not be mowed. I am sorry this customer was unsatisfied, This is why golf courses have Spring rates, Conditions can be on and off due to cold, rain, and even Snow this Spring in Toledo Ohio. We even made our Spring Rate lower for this day due to the heavy rain.

Over 200 players on the Spring day in questions and lots of Happy Customers that day. Sorry you had a bad experience but 196 other customers had a great day of golf with friends.

Course needs some TLC

Overall this is average course, but with some course maintenance it could be considerably better. The tee boxes were so hard that you could hardly push a tee into them. The bunkers were not well maintained at all and the entire course was hard as rock. I lost a couple of balls that were 10 feet off the fairway just because the rough grass made them impossible to find. Good course for the money and the greens were well maintained.

Course has deteriorated, but still a good play.

I grew-up near this course and have played it countless times over the last 35 years. This was our first round their since June, 2013.

Greens in good shape. Fairways were not watered; rock hard. Rough was long with clumps of cut grass in places. It's been very rainy. So, will give them some slack there.

However, several areas around the course have grown wild and were full of thistle and other nasty weeds. Rough was full of clover. Larger dead branches and several huge felled trees in the wooded areas. Obvious that maintenance and watering has been intentionally reduced.

I like this course. It's fun and challenging when taken care of. But, right now it's a 5/10, at best, for condition. 2 years-ago it was consistently an 8.

Can be challenging

I have golfed this course a number of times. There are a lot of trees and most fairways are cut real short. I personally prefer a little 'lift' in the fairway grass to have better contact with the ball. It can be challenging if you are not used to closely mowed fairways. I feel there are lots of tall grass obstacles on the course as well. Got to be on top of your game to do real well.

Excellent Place to play

Greens are great and the ball sat up perfect in the fairways. I would suggest this place to all players in the area. Nice patio to have a drink after golf and the bar staff was friendly and nice. The golf shop has all the basic needs and the selection in the clubhouse for food and beverage was excellent. Look forward to my next trip there.

Fast greens with regular 'public' ware and tear

The course is in great shape for being mid April. I liked how fast and challenging the greens were. Basic wear and tare from people who dont understand that you need to respect golf courses (random holes in some of the greens).

The staff was very friendly. Made me feel like I was at my 'home' course. I would definitely come back and play this course.

Flat and wide fairways. Convinient location and friendly course lay out.

Course conditions was not great, but, convenient location and friendly setting. Little bit over priced.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Good course, great value

Good course but it is a great value for the cost !!

Not well maintained

Location, location, location. If not for the location, I would never go here. But, it's within the city limits and convenient. In the Summer, it's as hard as a rock. Hardly ever watered. Lots of weeds flourishing nicely, though. This Spring there has been "tree things" all over the greens and tee boxes. Is it not possible to send someone out there with a blower occasionally? No water in many of the ball washers. In the Fall, many greens will be covered with leaves, which are NEVER blown off. What a shame. A little TLC combined with it's convenience would make South Toledo a big hit. I recommend ONLY because of location.

This is a great practice course.

Average course, with very fast greens. This course will kill your score on the greens. If you do not have any three putts it would be amazing; the pin placements were very tough.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020