Johnny Cake Ridge Golf Course

Par 4 3 3 3 4 3 3 3 4 30 30

Year Built 1963
Fairways Bluegrass

Credit Cards Accepted Discover Welcomed
Dress code Shirt and shoes required

Johnnycake

Crummy course but good for a beginner. Most greens are burned out and the tree boxes are basically dirt.

If you have no where else to go

Short 9 hole course for those day you have no where else to go. Some of the greens where terrible. Probably will never play there again

Good 9 hole course

May not be on the level of the metro parks courses, but still a good value. Very good pace of play.

Nice short course

I just started golfing this year. I am glad I found this golf course. Most of the holes are short par 3`s and has really helped my short game. The par 4`s are nice and wide. I`ve played here several times and can walk it in about an hour and a half. It`s a nice little gem of a golf course.

Short game

The course allows you to maintain and better your short game. Great opportunity to use your irons.

Great course for families!

The staff was excellent! My husband and I golfed with our 8 year old son and all had a great time. It was easy to keep a good pace of play and the course was in good shape. I do wish the water hut had water in it, but other than that no complaints.

Small course

Small course greens were really slow nice place to get out and mess around just a lil par 3 course

Poor weather

Severe Issues

I cannot believe the only other review on this course was so positive and only a month ago. My experience is the exact opposite. To call this place absolutely dreadful would be a mild compliment. Nothing about this course other then the friendly staff @ the clubhouse was good. Teeboxes - destroyed. Greens - destroyed. Piles of cut wood all over the course. Overgrown vegitation around everywhere,' especially the water hazards. Fallen tree branches and limbs everywhere on the rough and fairways. Goose feces EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWERE. Most of the greens were covered in it as well making putting like playing a minefield. It was drizzling out when we teed off and was raining average amounts prior. We prepaid on Golfnow for a ridiculously low rate including green fees and cart. The manager came out as we were getting our clubs out the the car and said he couldnt let us take a cart because it was too wet? Encase it might damage your incredibly torn up and unmaintained course more then it already is? Port-o-potty was filthy and hadn't been emptied in what looked like forever. Only watering hole was empty and had no cooler or cups. Pieces of garbage were found in several places of the course as well. The highlight of my trip was finding a Titleist V1 Pro ball in the rough. I wouldn't gold again here unless it was free or someone else paid.

Good way to play a quick 9

Course has a couple short holes but the course is clean. Staff was not very friendly to begin with due to the price that I was able to play for due to Golf Now. Became friendlier after I bought some apparel. Overall, I would come again just to get a quick round in

Decent

Not my favorite course I've played. Well maintained and somewhat challenging. Good little par 3 course, I just prefer other courses in the area.

u005029020
Commented On 10/14/2014

I am a beginner and I like this course. It`s not real hard but it is a challenge. It has trees, it has water and I have found them both. The workers work hard to keep us golfers happy. So go play this course and have fun.