Airport Greens Golf Course

Airport Greens Golf Course
Scorecard for Airport Greens
Blue M: 68.7/117 365 250 330 490 265 220 400 470 350 3140 145 365 500 405 325 330 395 175 220 2860 6000
White M: 67.2/113 325 230 315 480 260 205 390 465 335 3005 135 345 485 395 315 310 355 155 190 2685 5690
Red W: 64.9/105 270 110 215 430 220 150 340 415 300 2450 115 295 430 340 270 300 300 135 150 2335 4785

Year Built 1991
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Richard LaConte

Staff

The Staff was great! From the Grille staff to the Pro shop all they way down to the young man hustling carts. I really appreciated their hard work

Inappropriate behavior from cashier , J.J.

To insult a golfer for sticking around during bad weather, and for spending money at the grill, is shocking and inappropriate , not to mention childishr, behavior.
Well, I guess it doesn’t matter to the owners if people don’t play there. I will make sure everyone I know makes other arrangements to play elsewhere.
The course is in disrepair, dry with a lot of construction in and around it. Really, insulting a “guest” that did not solicit such behavior. Wow!!! Unbelievable

Great course! Great staff!!

Recently played 18 holes at Airport Greens & I was very impressed!! The staff was over all friendly and the course was very well groomed for Its size and layout. I will definitely be back!!

very enjoyable, quick moving round

I find the course is easy, because there is no sand and the greens are easily accessible. On occasion I play from the blue tees, which I never do at other longer courses. Most holes are flat with a few hills, ad very walkable. A nice mixture of sun and shade on the course. I really enjoy this course and have played here many times. You will find challenging holes on both front and back 9. Service has always been good and efficient. Note, there is no water on the course (as I recall) so bring your own drink.
The course drains very well after rain. This year the geese created a problem on several greens but not usually. The greenskeeper does a very nice job all around the course, which I find to be an excellent feature of this course - the rough is very playable.

great day of golf

the staff was friendly and helpful i definetely felt like a customer that was appreciated

Play was good

Father’s Day yet it played fast. Not a lot of hazards which is good. Could use more signs to holes, couple times wondered which path to take.
Played one of my best rounds. Will be back.

Extremely short. Would only recommend for beginners

Very short course. Probably the shortest I’ve ever played. For me personally, it was too easy of a course. Would be good for players new to the game, but I think it’s priced extremely too high for what the course was. I wouldn’t pay anything more than $20-25 to play here depending on the day. The one positive I will say was that the greens were in very good shape

Response from Airport Greens Golf Course on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Airport Greens Golf Course, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Airport 7/2017

Awesome course for the money. Long holes. Great lay out with sand, lots of trees, a little water. Definitely going back!!!

It has potential

Staff is very friendly..the full price they charge is unacceptable only would play if I got it for a hot deal on golf now..the course lay out is good but the greens r just to soft and slow if they can firm the greens up it would be a lot better I reccomend this course to beginners or family golf if they can get the greens up to "par" than it would really help this course out..

Improving

Airport has come a long way the new owners have been able apparently to water more often because there's finally some nice grass. I like to go to the course occasionally because I do like it I can usually play a bit better here it's a good practice on your short game.. A bit pricey unless you can get a good deal online with golf now.

Response from Airport Greens Golf Club on 10/11/2017:
Hello Kathy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Airport Greens Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you have seen an improvement with the course conditions and it also looks like you had a smooth round when you played. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you will keep seeing improvements. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Cleveland area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Airport Greens Golf Club on 10/11/2017:
Hello Dan, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Airport Greens Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to see that you had a friendly experience with our staff and that you had a smooth round. It looks like the course was in average shape when you played and we hope you will see an improvement for your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our golf course, in the Cleveland area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Just ok

Course was in better shape then I had heard. Course is pretty short. Good to work irons. A few holes ok to hit driver. Some long par 3s. Not many bunkers. Tee boxes need better care. Carts need windshields. Greens were ok. A good play around course if you can get a hot deal. Not worth the regular price.

Fun little course.

My first time to play this course. It is a fun course that has some challenges. Great for mixed couples play.

Skip It

I usually enjoy this course but the greens were like putting on most courses fairways. If they can't get the greens in better shape they should close the course! The fairways were only a little better but I sort of expect that.

get what you pay for

I booked this as a hot deal for $14 for 18 holes. It was worth $14 and nothing more. Short course, we could drive the greens on most par fours. Worst greens quality I have ever seen. They were as long as a thick living room carpet with many dead spots. On one of the holes deep in the woods, you could tell the course is clearly battling some vandalism issues with soft ball sized holes in the greens and ATV burnout marks on the fairways. All in all, I had fun for $14 bucks and I felt like a pro shooting so many pars! Also, when we got our cart to start our 18, the greens keeper said "go the front or the back, everything is busy". When we pulled up to the first tee, their were THREE parties waiting to tee off. First 5 holes were pretty slow.

Poor weather

Fun, but was rained out

The grand son and I had a great day playing golf, until the rain came and washed the day out.
The course is in great shape and is challenging.
The staff helped out a lot with our course preparation.
The lunch was hot with the drinks are cold.
Over all the day was great

Highland Heights, Ohio
Willoughby, Ohio
Beachwood, Ohio
Cleveland, Ohio

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!