Formerly known as Marcellus Golf Club and Links at Sunset Ridge.

Sunset Ridge Golf Club
Scorecard for Sunset Ridge Golf Club
Black M: 72.8/126 402 426 152 502 391 184 625 208 503 3393 403 365 175 585 538 170 379 191 555 3361 6754
Green M: 70.0/124 365 392 139 448 367 166 580 173 480 3110 365 340 142 547 516 135 349 174 512 3080 6190
Gold M: 67.0/112 336 355 137 415 325 160 495 153 433 2809 342 335 115 445 450 130 320 145 432 2714 5523
Red W: 70.0/120 305 312 118 405 319 138 485 148 425 2655 335 290 98 421 446 107 280 120 425 2522 5177

Year Built 1998
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect John Yuhas (1998)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New York (2018 #23)

back again

I have played this course before. It can be challenging. Especially now with the rain we have had in CNY. The rough was long and unfortunately I found it too often. Greens seemed to run fast, then slower. The grounds crews are working feverishly to mow, but it has been tough for them to get around to some places. I will return again.

Met expectations

Played another course the previous day which had substantially slipped in the past 12 months, I was looking for a course which was as in good condition as possible. I found it in this course in all ways. Only regret is that I could not return the following day for a re-do, since we had to go back home to CT. Will definitely return next year.

Fun course that still challenges you

Welcoming staff. Beautiful day. Challenging holes that still offered abundant chances to score. I would definitely play again if in the area.

Course going through a transformation

A friend and I wanted a good place to play while vacationing near the finger Lakes and well it just seem like we could’ve picked a better course they’re under new ownership and they’re trying to get it back together the greens are U.S. Open conditions and the fairways are choppy and have a lot of weeds

Response from Sunset Ridge Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello Andrew, on behalf of Sunset Ridge Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

The course is well maintained. As it has been so dry out, our shots sometimes disappeared on us due to the extra bounces and rolls. The shot would go in the fairway but end up in the woods. So lack of rain or sprinklers seem to harden the ground causing the ball to bounce and roll out of control.

great course

Unique in that there are 3 par 3's, 3 par 4's and 3 par 5's on both the front and back nine. Watch out for the ravine on the back though!

Must Play

This is one of the most challenging, well kept courses in the Syracuse Area. The Greens are Fast and consistent. Tee boxes are in great shape.
If there is a negative the cart paths could use some Love. They need stone and or some leveling. That didn't stop my wife from shooting 95, she beat me pretty good! Lol!

Welcome Back!

After too many owners, the course is now open again. The course has always been challenging, but good. Greens were a bit bumpy, but that was due to the spring aeration and will soon be smooth again. Staff were TERRIFIC as I had to change my tee time at the last minute and they got me in - with no hassle. Unique course in that it has 3 Par 3's, 3 Par 4's and 3 Par 5's on both the front and back nine. Really cool!

Response from Marcellus Golf Club on 05/16/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are sorry about the bumpy conditions, and we appreciate your understanding. We are happy to see that you had a positive customer experience with us and we hope to see you back soon!

symmetry

This is a very interesting golf course. There are 3 par 3's 3 par 4's, and 3 par 5's on both the front and back 9. There are plenty of challenges, especially if one is unfamiliar with the course. Water hazards (obvious and hidden - hole #8), sand, and some trenches to avoid. The greens have always been in VERY good shape and I have complimented the grounds crew about their good work.

The course has changed hands a few times now in the last few years. This coming year (2015) it seems as though they have significantly raised their prices ($30.00 for 18 w/cart). You will want a cart though. There are some holes that are a bit hilly.

06a4d248-6367-5dc8-935e-adc6a28cf249
golfmarcellus
Commented On 11/11/2015

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear of a fun and challenging round. We do work hard to keep those greens looking great, we hope we'll be seeing you again.

Very pleased with my experience

This was my first time playing Sunset under new managment/ownership and I was quite impressed. The course itself was in excellent shape and the greens were in great condition for the tough winter we had. There have been numerous improvements around the course in order to really freshen up the atmosphere. I would also recommend stopping at the grill after your round and trying some of the food, as the new chef really knows how to cook! All in all it was nice to see some of the improvements that were made to the course and I will be coming back soon for sure!

Marcellus, New York
Skaneateles, New York
Skaneateles, New York
La Fayette, New York

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!