Jimmie Austin University of Oklahoma Golf Course

Senior 72 5673 yards 67.4 110
IV 72 5326 yards 69.9 117
IV (W) 72 5326 yards 71.1 128
Scorecard for Jimmie Austin Golf Club - University of Oklahoma
Championship M: 77.9/142 471 171 329 445 616 180 433 583 420 3648 319 440 171 592 451 258 423 483 586 3723 7371
I M: 76.5/141 438 171 329 429 562 180 417 583 420 3529 319 415 171 568 415 258 413 432 569 3560 7089
II M: 74.3/137 416 161 298 400 556 158 391 539 395 3314 299 395 149 535 387 226 394 408 545 3338 6652
III M: 69.0/112 W: 75.3/145 365 115 281 368 522 139 350 478 358 2976 272 368 122 475 355 201 368 376 495 3032 6008
IV W: 71.1/128 310 101 224 338 446 106 307 433 313 2578 239 325 100 431 290 172 346 318 408 2629 5207

Year Built 1951
Architect Perry Maxwell (1951) Bob Cupp (1996) Tripp Davis (2017)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Michael A. Cawley Center"

Course renovations!

The University of Oklahoma is spending a lot of money improving the course. Two holes were closed and one temp. green on a par 5 when I played. The greens were in great condition for early February but a lot of just laid sod around a lot of them. Tee boxes and fairways were in good condition and well maintained. overall good condition and expected to be better this season.

Very fun course

For a public course it's in unbelievable good condition. Weekend rate $86. Tee boxes might only be rivaled by some of the best country clubs in the city. Fairways are fairly wide but the course can be very punishing if in the rough. Greens are always faster then your standard public course but run true. Love going to play golf at ou. Saw coach stoops playing, pretty cool. Love the pro shop, great ou gear.

nicest course in norman public or private

Hands down it is the most visually appealing. The only annoying thing is the carts sometimes wont let you drive to your ball. As an OU student I appreciate the discounts they offer. Its expensive but worth it. The greens are challenging. Some creeks and challenging bunkers all over.

nice course

Course has a good layout and was enjoyable. Fairways had some grass, greens in decent shape. Great value thru golfnow.com Staff was friendly.

OU is always a beautiful course with plenty of challenges for most golfers

I love playing the OU Jimmy Austin Course but we picked an extremely windy day which baffled many of the people on the course and caused our round to run more than 4.75 hours. The folks at Jimmy Austin do an excellent job of keeping the course in good condition and even though the round was a little slower than I prefer to play we had a wonderful time.

This course was very challenging & the 20mph winds made it tougher that day.

This was the first time our group played Jimmie Austin on 2/24/2013 & we really liked the course. The fairways were well maintained and the greens were in great shape. There's bunkers on every hole & that made the course worth the price of admission. The golf cart seats were extremely comfortable, the ice chest on the side, & the GPS came in handy.

beautiful course

However, we had a 10:20 am tee time and the greens were still frozen. They sent everyone off hole 10 which was no problem until we made the turn. We had to wait on three groups because they changed at some point in the morning and the staff was not there to monitor groups coming off the back nine. It cause a delay that lengthened the round to over 5 hours. Over all the course was fantastic and the staff was terrible.

great deal

Jimmy austin is always in good shape and always challenging. At this price ill be playing here often

Tough, good layout, good selection of holes

Other than the dyed fairways, I was very happy with the course. Harder than most courses here, but not unfair. Greens roll perfectly and hold a good shot. Personnel were very polite and helpful. GPS worked great. Pace of play was very good. A very well run, well kept golf course. It beat me up, but I'll be back for more.

The best course in Norman!!

This is a great value with the GolfNow discount!! I haven't been able to play here very often due to their "regular pricing" being too high. With the Golf Now discount, you can't go wrong. This is the premier golf course for Norman. This course is always in superb condition!

The best in Norman, OK. Always in excellent condition.

Minor changes happen all the time. The course is in a continuous improvement process and in excellent condition any time of the year.

This course has character.

The course, for January, was in great shape with fairways over seeded and the greens rolled.Had to think my way around. Consequences were usually atleast a stroke for poor decisions or miss hit shots. Visually,the course captures your eye; whether on the tee box or approaching the green. Loved the experience!

Jimmie Austin OU has long been a good place to play, and it continues to be that.

It has been almost seven years since I had played the OU course. It was challenging but fair, pretty much as I remembered it. Since it was December, I expected the course to be in less than top shape, but since they have overseeded fairways, continued careful maintenance of greens, and are preserving longer rough for a spring USGA tournament, the course was really in fine shape. Greens were fast. Tee boxes had been thoroughly sanded, so they were less than ideal, but that wasn't a problem. It was a good day. If I were going back today, I'd probably move up one set of tees and have fewer three-wood second shots.

This course requires correct club selection on each shot

The greens are great, you can't just bomb it on your drives or you will go through a lot of balls

The rough was rough. Stay in the fairway or your score will suffer.

I enjoyed the course. Great layout with challenging holes. Had to fight.30 mph wind. Course in good condition for this time of year.

Course was in outstanding condition

For this time of year the course was magnificent shape-well kept and a great place to play-every golfer should play this course at least once in their life!

The course is a fantastic layout. Has multiple tees for Different Levels of difficulty.

With any number of tees to pick from, The course is very challenging. It is a great layout. Many deep bunkers that were well tended. We played on game day For OU. Of course was not busy, Unfortunately we teed off behind a foursome That would not let us play through. We were only a twosome. There was two twosomes behind us. There was no marshal there to straighten the situation out. By the sixth hole our GPS was telling us we were 11 minutes behind. I finally convinced my playing partner to drive around them. So we had to skip a hole in our round. The GPS was notifying our cart so I assume that the pro shop was notified. Yet no marshal came out to straighten the situation out. They're could not have been more than 12 to 14 people on the entire golf course. It butchered up half of our round And that was very disappointing.

Good coure to play for a challenge

The course is in good shape for November. Be warned, the greens are very fast!

Very Good Course and Layout

This is a very challenging course if you can't keep it in the fairway. Greens are terrific and fast - very true. We played on a fairly calm day, but if playing in the wind, this could be very difficult. Four sets of tees allows everyone an equal chance for success if you keep it in the fairway. Great course.

A must play for the serious golfer, fantastic golf course!!

Rough was deep but very playable, and the greens rolled very true to form! Probably rolling about a 13 or 14 on the stimp meter, very fast and to my liking!!

Norman , Oklahoma