Type Public/Resort
River's Edge Golf Course

Year Built 1987
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Robert Muir Graves (1987)

Carts Yes - $11 - $17

So Disappointed

We were not told prior to booking through Golf Now that the front 9 was sanded heavily and the back was closed!
Staff was very apologetic and gave us the cart at no charge, but we specifically enjoy this course once per year as we live several hundred miles away...the tee boxes were torn up with major divots and the fairways were muddy/wet in spots and there hasn't been significant rain in months...just poor irrigation.

Look elsewhere

I feel that they $80 was too much for this course and wouldn’t recommend it I lost 2 balls down gopher holes, and the fairways and cart paths are very bumpy The layout was odd, and would definitely not recommend for average women golfers

Beautiful View - Needs some Logging

I've played River's Edge at least once a season for over 20 years. It's location and views are completely awesome. The course is crazy up and down hillsides and will test all your skills. My chief complaint is it REALLY needs to lose a few key trees that have grown large enough to make many holes nearly unplayable. Tight tee shots are problematic on several holes but it's even more annoying to hit a perfect drive into the fairway and have no shot at the green because a giant pine tree blocks your approach. Play this course for the views on a beautiful day and don't pay too much attention to your score and you'll have a much better time.

One of the best values in the area

My introduction to golf 4 years ago was at a scramble/best ball tournament with my work group, I’m now hooked and play regularly. Rivers Edge is my go to course in the area. Fairways and greens are kept in very good condition, I love the course lay out and some of the more interesting toppgraphy of a few of the holes. The staff is friendly and helpful and the price per round is reasonable . Rivers Edge is pretty much my go to course in the area.

Staff issues but great course

First id like to start off and say that this is a great course. It’s challenging and the greens are fast, lots of up hill holes. I play this course a lot as it offers fair prices. They could do a better job maintaining the tees, some of the par threes have almost no grass it seems. Now to address the staff issues. There’s mostly women who work there who are very friendly and make sure I enjoy the course and come back. There’s a older man who’s works in the pro shop (probably in his 50’s, bald) who is very unfriendly. Im a part of JGPA which provides me with a discount to play at the course and he’s seen me there over this summer about 10+ times. He’s seems to always try and get me to pay more than necessary. He’s always emailing the director of JGPA complaint about me even using my card which is absurd. Other than that great course and I’d definitely recommend playing.

Great day

Weather was great sunny no wind
Tough course lot of up hill holes greens were fairly fast and very few straight puts no flat greens
difficult for the high handicapper.

Idaho Advisor

A course where accuracy trumps distance, be careful where you place the ball off the tee...

I'm going to start with the service experience because it couldn't have been better. The gals in the clubhouse were friendly, eager to help, and went out of their way to ensure my wife and I had a great time at rivers Edge. They really set the stage for a wonderful day.

We started on 10, which is wide, open, and friendly;11 after it was fairly open as well (at least until the final approach shot on the par 5) and I had the notion that this was going to be a rather tepid walk through the Bend foothills... but then things got a bit more interesting.

As I went on (and especially once I got on the front 9), the course narrowed and the elevation changes really started to kick in. Several holes offer blind approach shots if you are not relatively long (at least ~250) off the tee (some even then) either due to doglegs or elevation rises in the middle of the hole.

it seemed very few holes are flat and due to angles and natural features some of the fairways are appear to be pretty tight targets from the tees. Fortunately, there is a decent amount of open space you can't see from the tees and more provisional's than I'd like to admit to hitting were never used (in fact none of them were used).

The other things that became readily apparent at rivers Edge is that, if you want to score, ball placement off the tee is at least as important as distance. I played the gold tees, which weren't overly long, especially when downhill shots are taken into consideration; however, more than one drive that I thought was perfect turned out to be blocked by a tree protecting the green. This is certainly a course where your scoring would improve more than usual based on the number of rounds you played and your accuracy off the tee.

My favorite hole was probably #6 Which only requires a mid-iron off the tee (I hit a 6i) to leave yourself a wedge or 9i up into the green. However the green is quite elevated and both sides are protected by rock facades, so there is an intimidation factor. Between the waterfall off the rocks and the bridge to approach the green, the hole is both manageable and beautiful to play.

I found the track in really good condition, the greens were quick but ran well and held good shots into them (two things that don't always go together). I was a bit concerned by the first (and only) bunker I found myself in, as it contained a *lot* of rocks; however I made a point to look at the other traps as I made my way around the course and it was the only one. It was near some construction so I'm certain it was a fluke and will be remedied soon.

We played mid-morning and despite a frost delay n things up a little bit, the groups in front of us moved along quickly and we only saw the majority of them once after we got going. The one group that was playing a little slower waved us through on the first hole we waited, so even that wasn't any kind of inconvenience.

Overall, I'd say be careful if you're not terribly accurate (and maybe stow the big sticks if they present this kind of problem) as you could go through a few balls here, but other than that it's a very pretty course that provides enough challenge without being over-bearing.

Nice course. Fast greens. Do not get above the hole! Lots of variety.

somewhat hilly course

River's Edge has a lot of elevation changes. A few places where it is difficult to see the aiming direction. My wife would have preferred the red tees to be moved up a bit.

Beautiful but very challenging!

I’m a 15 hc and hit the ball quite well that day, but the greens killed me. Very fast and lots of slope...normally don’t 3 putt, but I had at least 5-7 that day...shot 94, and should have been 85-88.
Very hilly So you’ll need a cart!
Panorama views from hill tops are spectacular!

Perfect all the way around

The course is hilly so it is difficult to walk 18. You can walk 9 but the 9th hole is a good climb.
Staff were great, it was great weather and we were mildly surprised that it wasn't super busy for a holiday weekend.

Very interesting course layout with great views and nice greens.

Very fun course

We had a great time. We got a great deal. We paid $25 a piece for 18 holes with a cart. The couese was in good shape. Its not too difficult but is challenging. The abundance of sage rats and rock chucks adds character.

Start time delayed

Course appeared to be overbooked. They offered a cart with the round, yet did not have a sufficient number of carts. We were late starting waiting for the cart.

Nice day

Another great day at Rivers Edge.
Great weather and friends.
My golf game was challenging - its golf.
Always an interesting course.

Very friendly pro shop staff

We were greeted by the very friendly pro shop staff and given an early tee time. The course was in excellent condition, however it remains a tough course with many slopes that need to be taken into account.

Fun day

Played Rivers Edge with a couple friends.
Sunny with clouds and some wind, but a fun day.
This course is a challenging walk but worth every step.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.
400 NW Pro Shop Dr, Bend, Oregon 97701, Deschutes County