Style Executive
Sah-Hah-Lee Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Fairways Winer Rye
Architect Bud & Steve Lisac (1991)

Carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "NW Golf Academy"
Practice Hole Yes

This was a nice relaxing course. Fun.

Well maintained course

It’s great time of year when everything is lush green I really enjoyed my round. Highly recommended.

A lot of FUN!

Teaching my son the game of golf and this course is perfect for that. For a par 3 course it is well maintained with nice greens and bunkers. Most holes are in the 125-150yd range but also some 180-195yd distance too. A very popular course in the area., well managed. They have a great driving range and short game practice area as well. Junior golf and league play is big there. Set on the Clackamas river it is scenic and a pleasure to play.

Beautiful day and course

This is my favorite place to play,the staff are the greatest

Beautiful day and course

Great overall,love golfing here often,layout is fun,one of my favorites

Negative Owners and Negative Atmosphere

There's a reason why this golf course is failing as a business. Negative owners create a negative atmosphere. Negative atmospheres don't profit well...

Pay attention to how they treat you. Especially at night if you're there hitting range balls an hour before closing. If you're the only one there, they'll be sure to push you out by turning the lights off early. If not that, they'll give you rude looks and say they're closing soon.

I witnessed both of those actions tonight. Definitely not the first time either. I calmly asked the owner of the course closing why he turned the lights off a half hour early (as I couldn't see the ball hardly at all). He gave a ridiculous answer that I would somehow see it better without them. Clearly made up to hide his true motive. There's no logical answer why that would ever be true! I usually give people the benefit of the doubt but his answer was just ridiculous. I just couldn't let it go. Yes, the whole conversation was actually recorded because given his personality and negative persona, I knew nothing good would come of me questioning his actions.

I told him that definitely wasn't the case as I could barely see any of them in the air after swinging. Never did he apologize for his actions. He then made more excuses and instead got upset with me for questioning him (all expected of course). This is one of the owners I'm talking about. Not an employee. It was a very unfortunate experience. You would think they value their customers during these times. Especially customers like me who have been there a few times per week during the Spring and Summer months for the past 7 years or so.

Commented on 04/03/2020

Bobby,
Thanks for your input. I'm sorry that you have the opinion that you do about the operation and management of Sah-Hah-Lee.
Sah-Hah-Lee is entering it's 30th season and is not failing as a business and we have thousands of happy customers that continue to enjoy the facility as operated. As with any business there are set hours and though we give a little leeway, they are published and the public knows them as they arrive. My business partner explained the situation from last night and though I do not have first hand knowledge of the exact words used, it sounds like he offered to have you move into the range building under the lights and when you chose to stay outside he informed you that the lights would then be turned off. If there was a misunderstanding then I personally apologize for that.

In these times we and the public are just happy to be able to provide a safe and healthy environment in which to recreate. If you wish to discuss this matter personally, please give me a call. Thanks
Steve Lisac, Owner/General Manager, Sah-Hah-Lee Golf Course

Best Par 3 course around

I hadn't played this par 3 course in a while and it was a lot of fun. Hoping to get my son started in the game and this is the perfect course for that. A lot of beginning golfers start here and the staff and golf directors do a great job with that. They also have a very good driving/short game practice area. The course conditions and greens were in good shape. Most holes 125-160 yds except the last three holes which are longer. You are hitting to small greens so there is a degree of challenge on this course. A lot of enjoyment for the price.

I live in Happy Valley but this was my first time playing Sah-Hah-Lee. The course was in great shape and the staff was very friendly. I will be back to play here often.

Course features are so great

Beautiful,a must see for any golfer,you'll love it

Fun with the kiddo

Unpretentious and fun! It’s a short course that is easily walkable for all ages. There were several beginners out with us but the pace was fine and the greens were in good shape. I’m thankful for accessible courses like this one.

Hidden gem of a course by the clackamas river..

One of the nicest par 3 in Portland. Located right next to the beautiful clackamas river . I always come here to practice short game and can finish 18 holes in 2 hours. They have a wonderful staff and the range is also nice with bright lights.

Great fun par 3 course!

I love this fun par 3 course which starts out with a fairly easy front side, but ends with a somewhat challenging back side. It's a great chance to work on your short game. I highly recommend.

Fun course

My first time playing this course and I think this is a good course for your irons and wedge play. Laid back easy going course.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hey there - Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Reliable par-3 course

I play here 2-3X a year, usually through a GolfNow hot deal.
The staff is always friendly and accommodating.
On this particular day, i arrived early, so was able to play alone, and finished 18 in 2 3/4 hours. I had short waits at each hole but not too bad. The course is always in fine shape when I play there. My only concern this time is that the ball-washers (3 in the first 10 holes) were all empty, and the first 2 had no towels attached. I finally found one late in the round, and that one had very little liquid in it.

Great par 3 course

The layout and conditions of this course were excellent to sharpen your iron play. I will definitely come back and enjoy more of what this course makes available (ie. driving range and chipping/putting green). The employees and even the patrons were exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Thank you Sah-Hah-Lee!

Wish they could have done there green fertilizing earlier in the morning.They were fertilizing greens in front of us. Had Liquid green fertilizer all over us. Kind of hard to get off your hands. That stuff stains. Left with green fingers. Not cool! Also they need to pick up their grass after they mow it. Constantly having to clean the bottoms of your shoes. Before tracking it all over the greens. Other than that had a great time.

Gladstone, Oregon