Type Municipal
Lake Oswego Public Golf Course
White 54 2538 yards
Scorecard for Lake Oswego Municipal Golf Course
Tee M: 54.0/88 W: 56.0/90 106 149 176 119 169 124 121 136 170 1270 179 157 138 103 136 169 161 74 130 1247 2517

Year Built 1964

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Great target practice

The course was in great shape for a muni. Most hole challenge shot shaping due to overgrown trees blocking the greens, cuts and draws are a must to break par. Use a colored ball for hole 15, alot of stray range balls around the green. All in all worth it for $14

Reliable course

Have played here many times. This time I took advantage of a Golf Now Hot Deal plus a discount code. The course was mostly deserted, despite perfect weather, and I breezed through 18 holes in just under 2 hours. A lot of mowing was taking place during my round, and cut grass was all over the fairways. The greens were bald in some places. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant day despite my lousy putting. The tiny, sloping greens require accurate drives and chips.

If the greens were good, it might be worth it.

I usually play full courses, but like to have a couple of short tracks that I can hit up when I just don't feel like grinding out a 4-5 hour round. I moved up to the Portland area a few months ago, and this was the first short course I've played. I like the layout, and I love that it's 18 holes, but that's about the only good things. If they aren't embarrassed by the state of the greens, they should be. Most of the greens looked more like dried out fairway, with weeds instead of grass. I get that it's a "cheap" course, but it's not nearly cheap enough to be a valid excuse for those greens. I can't imagine going back any time soon.

Lake Oswego Golf Course
Commented On 05/09/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing Lake Oswego Public Golf Course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you enjoyed the layout and that it is a full 18 holes for a short course. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

A longtime favorite

I've played here several times a year since 2009. It's a bit expensive for what it is, so I play only when I can get a good online deal. Although the course was listed as aerified, I saw no signs of repair other than some moved-up tee areas. The course is pretty, quiet, and well-maintained, although there was a lot of mowed grass in the fairways and surrounding the greens. Two of us played 18 in 2.5 hrs, but on busier days, there can be long waits. The driving range is popular, but is only about 200 yards long and is enclosed by high netting.

Value is good, but the greens leave a lot to be desired.

This a small municipal ran Par 3 course. It’s a good value for the money, but don’t expect much from the greens. The greens are slow and are not in good shape at all. I understand that city budgets have constraints, but it seems to be a busy course so I think they could do better on the condition of the greens.

Response from Lake Oswego Municipal Golf Course on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for reviewing and recommending our course. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the greens. We will keep working to the best of our ability to have the course in shape, and we hope that your next experience with us will be a better one.

Needs some work

This little par 3 needs some better grounds keeping and it would be worth the regular rate of almost $30. As it sits, I think even the $20 I got with the GolfNow hot deal was too much. Greens were slow and needed mowing, area around them was mostly overwatered and muddy (sad considering it's been almost 100 for a week now). I've played it before in better upkeep and if they take care of it it is a cool little course.

Response from Lake Oswego Municipal Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us and for leaving us this review. On behalf of all of our staff here at the course, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope to see you back sometime soon.

Would play again!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Course was in great shape. Good balance between challenging and easy holes. I like that there is 18 different holes and you don't play the same 9 twice like other par 3's.

Fun par 3 course

I liked the changes in elevation, the greens had just been seeded so I didn't get the full experience. Looking forward to go again

Poor course terrible conditions

Although a sunny day the course was a mud pit I lost multiple tee shots that landed just off the green but disappeared into the ground.. The grass had not been cut anywhere but the greens. Tee boxes had mandatory mats to hit from that were warped and had no way to tee up an iron. The course is a par three which was not evident until arrival. Greens are tiny, extremely slipped and covered in ball marks. It was impossible to putt on them.

Staff was kind and accommodating.

Although it's the off season the course was practically inplayable. Even in good conditions the course would be frustrating with its plain layout and lack of challenge for a decent player.

Beautiful place

This is a beautiful and challenging course. Even though it's just a par 3 course it puts a novice thru their paces. It is a great place to hone your game and improve your skills and it is reasonably priced. I really enjoyed the course and you couldn't beat the fall colors. Definitely will play there a lot.

A walk in the Park

Beautiful day at the golf course. Staff were real nice and friendly and organize .. Thank you very much!
Aloha!

Plays Twice a year

Warning: Par 3 Municiple Course

I wish it had been made more obvious that this course is a par 3 municipal course. I booked a round on GolfNow thinking that this was The Lake Oswego Country Club. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the course and found out that all the holes were par 3! And this was a municipal course in bad condition with many areas with dead or poorly developed grass. Also, I never saw a course with with two pin flags for each hole before this one. There was a red pin flag with the hole number on it about 20-50 yards away from the actual unnumbered yellow pin flag where the green was. I teed-off at 8:30am and many of the greens were still beginning manual watered. Apparently, the course does not have a automated sprinkler system. If you are a child, an older senior, or have trouble walking a regular course, this course might be great for you. The only positive for me was the fact that it was not crowded on an early Friday morning and I was able to get a practice round in by myself.

great golf at all levels

This course was developed in the 1950s with funds from a tax levy for children's sports. As such it is a course especially friendly to beginners as well as seniors.

Excellent for par3

I expected very short Par 3 course. However, there were many holes that have longer than 170 yard!! It was great for Par3!! I would definitely recommend this couse for the practice before playing regular gold course that definitely give you better score.

Not a winter course

terrible course. They didn't have real tee boxes, they had mats like those from a driving range. There was no fairway to speak of, which might not seem like a big deal for a par 3 course, but the greens were tiny and there wasn't even a fringe to chip from. You were either on the green or in the deep rough. And speaking of deep rough, the drainage was so poor that if you have any sort of loft in your shot and you miss a green, good luck finding your ball. It will not only be lost in the tall grass, it will be plugged. Also no bunkers whatsoever. If you're a golfer avoid this course. If you're not and you want to go hack around, have at it.

good for beginners

It is good place to practice short game. The green are well managed. The one problem is that there are many slow players, so I was waiting for a long time.

Played 27 holes

I played this course with a friend visiting from California. We played 18 and were having such a good time that I went back to the Pro Shop for another 9. The course is just coming out of aeration so the putts were picking up some sand. The fairways had more loose grass than I would have expected. A great place to tune-up your short irons.

good course to practice your short game,

Starter was very rude! Need to respect all golfer who come to the course, not just the people he knows who play the course regular!

Great par 3!

Had a great time with a few friends while discovering this well maintained little course. Got through it in about 3 hours. Not super challenging (some elevation changes and two dog-legs) but overall some well maintained fairways and greens. There is a driving range and putting green onsite in case you need to warm up. Wish I had! Pro shop was reasonably priced and restaurant smelled amazing. Nice little gem in LO!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Wilsonville, Oregon
West Linn, Oregon
Beaverton, Oregon

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
This package is based on double occupancy for a 1-Day/1-Night golf trip, and includes: one 18-hole round with cart, one night of lodging, and one breakfast per person.
Fling and Swing!