Type Private
Pine Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1957
Architect Sid Milligan

Clubs No

Dress code Golfers are required to wear proper golf attire at all times while on the course!

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

First time visit

First time visit to Pine Ridge Golf for each of the three in our group. The staff were friendly and helpful, provided yardage book at no cost to assist with plotting the way around the course.

The course was in good shape, from fairways and first cut to the rough. Bunkers were in good shape, only found one during play. The greens were in good shape, with predictable and consistent speed. Enjoyable course configuration that was challenging on some holes as it required you do think more and prioritize your second shot over your tee shot.

Golf carts were solid, with new windscreens and good bag canopies. We had the men’s club starting about 20 minutes behind us, and the pace ahead was good. We were never waiting on the group ahead and never slowing the group behind us. Solid pace of play.

The front and back nine play quite differently, as the front nine has quite a bit of elevation change - while the back nine was relatively flat, yet both offered unique challenges in contrast.

Will definitely come back for another round, thanks Pine Ridge staff - you’ve done well!

Now Called Pine Ridge / Open To Public

This course is the former Springfield private club that is now open to the public and called Pine Ridge. Played on a somewhat wet day but the greens and fairways seemed to handle the precip. Staff were very friendly in getting a rental push cart and also inviting us to join their Sunday morning men's club group, seems to be a nice core of regulars who play every Sunday and Wednesday, very personable and providing course local knowledge. Lots of elevated greens requiring at least one extra club / 10-15 yards adding to your formula. The yardage book was free which is usually a $5 or more charge at most clubs. I will play here again when visiting Eugene-Springfield for sure. Somewhat hilly to walk but just a good workout, not extreme.

Crowded

I've played this course several times in the last couple years. This spring, I've tried to play it three times and only got on once. The other two times, they were so beyond backed up and/or were trying to pair unrelated households, that I asked for a refund on prepaid times and went elsewhere. Staff was stressed and somewhat rude about the whole thing.

It's a nice course, well-kept with a fun layout, but they could do a lot better on managing their own workloads. If you are complaining that you can't get people off the tee in an orderly fashion, it's your fault, not your customers.

Had a great time

We had a foursome and we all came from around the Salem area. We enjoyed the course and time playing. Staff was friendly along with everyone else there playing a round of golf.

Name change to Pine Ridge

This was the old Springfield CC, now called Pine Ridge. Really a nice layout and the greens rolled great!

It is a very walkable course, short walks between holes. #3 is probably the most memorable hole from the back tees, dramatic downhill shot.

Nice staff and course, if in the area play it!

Nice course. The greens were a little rough but still playable.
I really enjoy the front nine, especially number eight.

Worst EVER!

Terrible greens, rock hard fairways. Actually the worst course I , or my wife, have ever played. When in the Eugene area, find another course.

Poorly maintained

Awful greens: cauliflower bumps, extreme dry spots, actually pure dirt in places. Fairways were in better condition than the greens, though they were moderately browned compared to Oct 2017, the last time I played there.

Terrible conditions

This property was in the worst condition of any golf course we’ve ever played. It shouldn’t have been open and refunds should be honored. The greens were unplayable. They were offering $20 to play 18 due to the course conditions. We got a “hot deal” and paid $48. I wish I could attach the photos I took, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Just keeps getting worse :/

I’ve played this course many times over a handful of years and in almost every way it keeps getting worse.
1) Shotty bunker care. A number of bunkers on the course are GUR because there’s no sand in them.
2) Horrible quality range balls, and they’re $5 for a small bag.
3) The grass is thin, spotty, and wispy all over the course. Once or twice a year it might be fairly lush, but mostly it’s terrible lies in the fairways. I will say that I like the sand base, though.
4) Very uneven tee boxes. ...there’s just no excuse for that at the rate they’re charging.
5) New owners as of fall 2018 are tightwads and don’t understand the principle of giving a little to get return cosutomers. I showed up for a hot deal, discovered that they had punched and sanded yesterday, and they wouldn’t even comp me some (albeit crappy) range balls which they used to do under the previous owners.

In general, the course is only slightly better than a municipal course, the service is ok at best, and the quality of the course does not live up to what they charge. So basically you should only play this course May-July. It’s sad that quality golf courses are disappearing these days...

very disappointed

This golf course was a goat track we should get or money back. Apparently they damaged all of their greens and they were all dirt with almost no grass on them and when there was grass it was patches that bumped your ball off line. We paid $47.00 a piece to play this goat track and no one bothered to mention the course was in such bad shape. Very disappointed in Golfnow we tried to get a hold of them but there is no phone number to reach them at. I have photos if you want to see them

Worse greens I have ever played on.

The greens are in terrible shape. They didn't tell you about how bad the greens were but had no problem charging you full price to play. Very disappointing. I will think long and hard about playing this course again.

Golf

Golf will always be Golf but people with personality is always a plus if U don’t have that hard to enjoy the day if U ride with someone, some of the greens are starting to dry up and crack butbover all the course was fine some tees could use some help, it has good challenges to keep u interested nice big elevation tee shots to smash your drives

Love the front 9

Vey nice course. Hole number 8 is particually challanging.

Fast greens

The course was in good condition,but the play was very slow. They let 3 groups of five go out in a row. 10 to 15 minutes between shots. I teamed up with two locals and they said it happens a lot. Nice course ,but I may not play again because of the 5 hour round.

Great golf course

It’s a beautiful course to play. Course has nice open fairways, and beautifully kept greens. Staff is friendly. Golf carts are great. Food is good. I have only had the hot dogs. Riding in a cart is preferred, because front nine can be challenging to walk. It is still good course to walk. My only con would be price of beer. Beer is a little expensive at $4 for a small can of domestic. I have been looking for a regular course to play, and Springfield is that place for me. Just won’t be drinking when I play. All in all fantastic place to play 18 holes. Would definitely recommend this place to other golfers.

I will be back!

An enjoyable experience. We played with a young man who was much better and hit from the Blue tees (we are red). He was most pleasant, but we would have preferred to golf with someone our level or by ourselves. Next time, we will try to bring our own foursome.

Walterville, Oregon