Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Black (W) 72 6304 yards 76.0 134
Blue (W) 72 5709 yards 73.4 129
Silver 70 5375 yards 65.6 110
Silver (W) 72 5375 yards 71.8 124
Scorecard for Silver Lake
Black M: 70.4/119 355 363 235 384 480 158 316 396 379 3066 394 168 409 563 357 333 216 382 416 3238 6304
Blue M: 67.4/114 W: 73.4/129 326 289 155 364 460 99 309 349 350 2701 371 146 392 506 327 314 195 360 397 3008 5709
Silver M: 65.6/110 W: 71.8/124 296 280 150 384 460 86 264 329 337 2586 351 126 310 487 310 289 170 330 416 2789 5375

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

A Joke

I’m currently on the course and just finished a 3 hour 9 holes after starting 20 minutes after our tee time.

Apparently the course has a tournament of 90 golfers out today. It’s disappointing they would choose to do this on a Sunday morning and even more disappointing that they didn’t alert us when making the tee time.

This course has the worst pace of play out of the city courses and no one seems to care.

Fun on The Island

Made the hort trip from NJ and it was well worth it. Nice hilly layout with lots of mature trees lining every fairway. Shorter layout keeps things fun...the trees add challenge.

Goiod golf course but now needs TLC

This course is a really good course with a nice layout, Ther's water in play, tee shots uphill, doglegs, elevated greens, forced carries. Course has all, but needs upkeep. Don't play after heavy rains, fairways get very very wet.

What a challenge

I played with (and am writing this review from) my friends account who used to play at Silver Lake all the time. We play a similar style course (minus the elevations) back home in Orlando and he’d been telling me for years about how this place is even tougher. He was entirely right. It’s totally fair, has opportunities for all types of scores and is one tough bout between you and the course. It felt entirely unique and nostalgic. I want to come back just for another shot at it. The weather could not have been better and the staff was fantastic. I hit some of my best shots, and missed some of my easiest putts. I want to fight it, but that’s only because I know we love each other.

Good course but slow at back nine

I like The course layouts. There are many uphill and downhill. The pace is fine for front nine, but, not for back nine. It was so slow. The conditions of the course is just fine. I did not notice, but, the guys play with me told that the water tank is empty or not available at most of the holes. No one came to sell the drinks. But, the staffs were very friendly.

Great city course!

Found out about this course early this season. Have played it 6 times now. It seems like a hidden gem. Tee times are not as packed like the rest of the city courses and the layout is extremely fun. My brother and I are making this our new go to course for the summer for sure. The food is great as well and priced fair. Nothing but good things to say about this course. The staff is extremely nice as well. They have a shuttle from the free ferry. Definitely worth it! Also as a bonus a cute looking dog hangs around the pro shop sometimes.

One of the best in the city!

Found out about this course early this season. Have played it 6 times now. It seems like a hidden gem. Tee times are not as packed like the rest of the city courses and the layout is extremely fun. My brother and I are making this our new go to course for the summer for sure. The food is great as well and priced fair. Nothing but good things to say about this course. The staff is extremely nice as well, above and beyond expectations. They have a shuttle from the free ferry. Definitely worth it! Also as a bonus a cute looking dog hangs around the pro shop sometimes.

Only Play If There’s a Hot Deal

My tee time was 1:13 I arrived at 1 , was not allowed to check in ....why? Nobody is even on the first 2 holes. No wonder this place always gets backed up. I found a hot deal and played because it’s literally 5 min from my house. They should be ashamed to charge over $30 at ANY time to play here. Hole #9 is still atrocious and will be the reason why I don’t play here anymore. It’s always muddy! The greens were also aerated which I should have been notified about because then I wouldn’t have booked here. THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS COURSE! They need new management!

Fun course if it doesn't rain the day before

I enjoyed my round here, but it was a bit aggravating as it is still early in the season so the greens are still beat up pretty good from the winter, and the drainage here isn't the best as it had rained the day before and I played in the mud all day. Pace was fair the front 9 but it came to a screeching halt in the back nine.

Wet wet wer

This course is usually wet, well maybe we shouldn't have gone out today. It rained a lot last night and some this morning, but we knew that going out and playing on a wet course is better then not playing at all. Outside of that the course was in decent shape for the time of year. The only thing that really turned me off was the fact they would not let us out early. There was NO ONE ELSE on the course but their policy is if you have a HOT DEAL, you can't go out early. Not only do I think that is a stupid policy that will only lead to backing up the course when the weather is nice. I just doesn't make any sense We were the only ones there so the staff had to wait for us to finish to go home. That needs to be rethought.bc I don't think I will play this course again on a hot deal price.

Great time

Had a great time while visiting from California, front 9 was great but back 9 a little damp. Great staff ...I would play again many more times!

Silver lake golf

Greens were recently aerated so a true put was impossible. It rained all night so the course and cart paths were muddy and saturated. Car paths were so bumpy I felt like a milkshake.. Even with all that, I would have forgiven everything but having 2 twosomes jump in front of us on the back nine with impunity, delayed everyone by another 30 minutes.. Called ranger who said they probably stopped for lunch at the turn. Impossible because they were not in front of us on the 10th hole. Rangers should have checked their starter ticket and times.

Commented On 03/25/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Greens

The greens rolled great for so early in the season, The tee's and fairways are clean and there working on drainage.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Great staff

Pat at the front desk , Taiesha at the bar/ restaurant , Steve and Damien at the tee are a Great Crew , can’t wait for the Thaw !!

Commented On 02/13/2019

Management

Some of the staff at this course are terrible people very unfriendly and have major issue's

Bayonne, New Jersey
Union, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Kenilworth, New Jersey

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!