A view of the 2nd hole at Silver Lake Golf Course

Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

satisfied

apart from the layout being a little tight everything else was great; the price, cart girls were on point and staff was awesome. defo coming here again.

Looks easy but is not

Second time here and it was great. Would definitely be back.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Silver Lake Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Short but challenging

This course has tricky shots. I love to hit my driver. But if you like to use irons this is your place. I played from the black and man some shots were tuff and easy ones( if I was on the fairway). Challenging par 3 s. But in all place was great. Will definitely play here again.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Silver Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good Condition

I haven't played this course in about 2 years.It was a good condition . Did some renovations .The staff was friendly and helpful. it was easy to check in Quickly.The coruse layout is very Tight So you will need to hit your ball Straight.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Nice golf course but STAY ALERT

Even though the fairways 1,2,3 & 10,,12 & 16,17 are next to each other we heard a lot of people yelling "FORE". I was in fairway on 12 approaching my ball when a line drive ball from tee box 10 slammed into my golf cart so BEWARE and STAY ALERT when playing. 2 guys behind us on 16 tee box within min were getting pelted by balls off 17 & hole 15. They were ducking & weaving..lol. The course is definitely SPENDING MONEY fixing up tee boxes & workers are dragging tee boxes, mowing all over & trees have been cut down for better play

Commented on 09/21/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Pretty well maintained challenging course.

Subject title says it all!
Not a bad golf course to play. It was fun and challenging at the same time. The overall staff is pleasant, specially the starter that day. It was a shame the pro shop didn't have their course logo ball available (and can't seem to find it to purchase online anywhere, new or pre-owned!).
This place does seem to "over-book" tee slots, so, even thought my group set off before 8am, we were waiting to tee off on every hole, so playing the full 18 holes became a 5 hour outing!
So, yes, it's a nice place to get a game in, but not for me, due to the fact that I'm coming from B'klyn, so gotta pay the toll, which adds to the overall cost.
If you live in S.I., I've read and been told by many that this is the course where the maintenance hasn't slip due to the pandemic.

P.S. - No photos to upload... I accidentally deleted them, darn it!

Golf in a Pandemic Enviorment

The course was in fine shape due in part to outstanding weather for an extended period and the course level of maintenance . I must play more often to improve my level of play now that the "stay at home" has been lifted ..

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Good round

Took wife for first time in 20 yrs. lol. Had a great round. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Hahahahaha. Course is in even bettter shape this week

Commented on 09/11/2020

We are beyond happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed a great day at our course. Your feedback is valuable, thank you for taking the time to review us. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Hidden Gem

Golf course is in outstanding condition, even with the adverse weather conditions we have had the summer.

Staff is well informed with cov id

Out door seating, food and beverages great

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Good conditions and greens!

Course was in good shape compared to many others in NYC. Greens were firm and ran true. Only “complaint” is very bumpy cart paths, which honestly wasn’t an issue for me but was something a playing partner mentioned multiple times. Worth the ferry trip out to Staten Island, especially on a nice day!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Bayonne, New Jersey