A view of the 2nd hole at Silver Lake Golf Course

Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Short but challenging

This course has tricky shots. I love to hit my driver. But if you like to use irons this is your place. I played from the black and man some shots were tuff and easy ones( if I was on the fairway). Challenging par 3 s. But in all place was great. Will definitely play here again.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Silver Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Silver Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good Condition

I haven't played this course in about 2 years.It was a good condition . Did some renovations .The staff was friendly and helpful. it was easy to check in Quickly.The coruse layout is very Tight So you will need to hit your ball Straight.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Nice golf course but STAY ALERT

Even though the fairways 1,2,3 & 10,,12 & 16,17 are next to each other we heard a lot of people yelling "FORE". I was in fairway on 12 approaching my ball when a line drive ball from tee box 10 slammed into my golf cart so BEWARE and STAY ALERT when playing. 2 guys behind us on 16 tee box within min were getting pelted by balls off 17 & hole 15. They were ducking & weaving..lol. The course is definitely SPENDING MONEY fixing up tee boxes & workers are dragging tee boxes, mowing all over & trees have been cut down for better play

Commented on 09/21/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Golf in a Pandemic Enviorment

The course was in fine shape due in part to outstanding weather for an extended period and the course level of maintenance . I must play more often to improve my level of play now that the "stay at home" has been lifted ..

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Good round

Took wife for first time in 20 yrs. lol. Had a great round. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Hahahahaha. Course is in even bettter shape this week

Commented on 09/11/2020

We are beyond happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed a great day at our course. Your feedback is valuable, thank you for taking the time to review us. Silver Lake Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Hidden Gem

Golf course is in outstanding condition, even with the adverse weather conditions we have had the summer.

Staff is well informed with cov id

Out door seating, food and beverages great

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Silver Lake Golf Course.

Good conditions and greens!

Course was in good shape compared to many others in NYC. Greens were firm and ran true. Only “complaint” is very bumpy cart paths, which honestly wasn’t an issue for me but was something a playing partner mentioned multiple times. Worth the ferry trip out to Staten Island, especially on a nice day!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Torture

Played here yesterday. 5 1/2 hour round. I know people pay money and want to play golf but taking 3 tee shots on every hole just isn’t right. There were no rangers to be found. Course is in decent shape, better than any other course on Staten Island, but $77 to play and add to that a 5 1/2 hour round makes it torture. Go to jersey.

Commented on 09/11/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Cool course, slow play

Thought the course layout was unique and surprisingly challenging - exceeded expectations. Greens in good shape. Unfortunately, the pace of play was atrocious. 5.5 hour round in total. I understand this was a public course on a Friday afternoon, but a round should not take that long. On hole 5, there were three groups waiting on the tee box at one point. It sped up a little after that, but then slowed down again on the back. Would only recommend early and not on weekends.

Commented on 09/22/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Standard close to the city public trek

Greens were slower than molasses. Par 3 teeboxes were mauled (played in Sept to be fair). We teed off super early which was great because the seniors were out in FORCE by 8 AM

Commented on 09/04/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Municipal
Kenilworth, New Jersey

Valid dates: Oct 01, 2019 - Sep 30, 2020
Stay and Play in Downtown Palm Springs from $75 per golfer/night. View available packages and customize your free golf quote.