Silver Lake Golf Course

Black (W) 72 6304 yards 76.0 134
Blue (W) 72 5709 yards 73.4 129
Silver 70 5375 yards 65.6 110
Silver (W) 72 5375 yards 71.8 124

Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include narrow fairways elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

Andres7709251's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Of course very well maintained people are friendly love it very much play as much as possible when I get a chance ,love silver lake golf course

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

u000181914's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

"Nope."

efenlason13's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

It was the 4th of July. I fully expected a busy day at a public golf course, but this was too much. I walked into the pro shop at 8:45 for a 9:40 tee time and was greeted with a very angry person who told me I was way too early, and needed to come back later. Happy Independence Day to you, too! Not sure why you couldn’t just swipe my card and give me a receipt, but okay.

Anyway, I rolled a few putts on the acorn laden practice green before paying my $65 and getting in my cart. It was 10 minutes before my tee time and there were no less than 10 groups ahead of me in line. I ended up teeing off around 10:30 AM, 50 minutes later than the time I booked.

Prior to teeing off, I learned that there was league play schedule for 20 golfers, and 52 showed up. First of all, why schedule league play on a holiday? Second of all, why would you let everyone out knowing that you have a full slate of tee times following the 20 registered players? Just ridiculous. 5.5 hours later the round was over. There was not a single shot besides a putt I was able to walk up to and hit without a considerable wait.

Also, the tee boxes were chewed up beyond recognition and the greens were dotted with unrepaired ball marks — although I can’t blame the course for players not fixing ball marks.

Layout was solid, and aside from the tee boxes it was generally well maintained. Short course, decent layout, but I’ll never go back.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/02/2018:

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

"Excellent course in excellent shape"

Rob1087110's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Course was in phenomenal shape. Greens were lightning fast. You had to land the ball on the front otherwise it went over the green even with a wedge in your hand. The only critical thing would be the tee boxes being rock hard and having lots of unrelated divots on them.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 06/20/2018:

Thank you Rob so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at Silver Lake Golf Club in New York.

"Haven’t played here in years..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

I’m sorry I have played here in so long due to all the wet spots but I’m happy to say it’s not like I remembered. The course was in great shape aside from 1 or 2 spots but if you keep it on the fairway they will not be a problem. Will definitely be back for sure

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 06/13/2018:

Thank you so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

"Silver Lake 6-3-18"

Altigua38's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Booked the 5:08am tee time. Staff was great. Course was challenging and in good shape. A few holes were really soggy and could probably use some work for better drainage.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 06/06/2018:

Thank you Altigua38 so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 06/01/2018:

"First Timer at Silver Lake"

mk8q16ophx3932166's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Felt good throughout my round, because the staff was quite friendly and patient. Along with the challenging holes, it made for a welcoming environment for this amateur. Would gladly return!

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/29/2018:

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

tirkinas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/29/2018:

Thank you tirkinas so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soo here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Commented on 05/22/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

dondelorenzo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and for the 5 stars! we are happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again soon.

Gary2004's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Thank you Gary2004 for your review of Silver Lake Golf Club here in Staten Island, NY. We love seeing you had a good time on the course and we hope to have you back again very soon!

"All great but the hole changer"

TurtleL18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Workers are friendly and nice. My issues was the guy that changes the cup placement on the greens. I used to work at a course on the island. We would change the cups traveling the holes backwards. 18,17,16....so on. For some reason they change them here in order from 1,2,3.... so just about every hole we played we had to wait for the guy to get off the green because we didnt want to hit him. We played the first 16 holes this way. He was friendly and would wave us up, but still, we opted to wait for safety. When you change them backwards you can only run into people once. Other than that this course is in better shape then the other two on the island.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Thank you TurtleL18 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in New York.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 05/03/2018:

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake G.C.

Ole7132476's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 04/25/2018:

"Overpriced & Poorly Managed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

I live in the Financial District and, as a result, Silver Lake was the best course I easily had access to (via Staten Island Ferry). But this past weekend was a disaster. Tee times were backed up over an hour, which was compounded by a 6 hour plus round. Adding insult to injury, I was a solo golfer and could've easily been filled up a group, but instead I was told to wait (despite the fact that groups of 2 were being sent out). The cherry on top is that even with the cart "included" at $75, that price is well above this course's justifiable greens fees. For $75 I'd rather play Galloping Hill (NJ) or one of the Bethpage courses.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 04/17/2018:

"Horrible Tee Sheet - Hour late"

Reid4993128's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Had a 1052 Tee time and didn’t tee off until 12p. Was awarded no discount and only wanted to play 9 holes since I didn’t have the full time. Understand this is a business but this is not a way to enjoy the game of golf

Need to spread tee times out more and choose the experience of golfer over fitting as many golfers in

Need rangers to enforce rate of play and afford some type of concession to the players.

"90 minute delay"

nefoley17's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Course isn’t managed well. They let out a huge group of 20+ without tee times that backed everything up substantially. Pace of play was atrocious.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018