Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Black (W) 72 6304 yards 76.0 134
Blue (W) 72 5709 yards 73.4 129
Silver 70 5375 yards 65.6 110
Silver (W) 72 5375 yards 71.8 124
Scorecard for Silver Lake
Black M: 70.4/119 355 363 235 384 480 158 316 396 379 3066 394 168 409 563 357 333 216 382 416 3238 6304
Blue M: 67.4/114 W: 73.4/129 326 289 155 364 460 99 309 349 350 2701 371 146 392 506 327 314 195 360 397 3008 5709
Silver M: 65.6/110 W: 71.8/124 296 280 150 384 460 86 264 329 337 2586 351 126 310 487 310 289 170 330 416 2789 5375

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

7 hours for 18 holes... Worse pace of play in my life...

Pace of play was horrendous. We started our tee time one hour late as there was so much backlog. Then it was waiting shot by shot. We were 4 and 2 x 6 in front of us. It took us more than 6h to finish + 1h delay to start = 7h of my weekend gone. Painful! I think it is on days like this that people decide to give up golf...

Golf course is nice. Holes are very near each other especially at the start so watch out for balls flying from everywhere. It gets better later.

Staff was fine but barmaid was extremely rude and not happy to serve ladies. She would ignored us when we tried to order at the bar then slam our order on the counter. We didn't feel welcomed at all.

Sad history fact point, part of the golf course was actually a tomb for thousands of Irishmen during the famine. That maybe explains the bad vibes we got when we got there.

The only great point was the Free shuttle from ferry to golf. Great for the carless NYorkers. My friend forgot her phone in the shuttle and the very nice driver was wonderful at helping us return the phone in Manhattan via a patron. Thank you!

Good condition, way too crowded - 6 hour round

Course was in good shape with only a few exceptions but the backup was out of hand. Teed off about 40 minutes late with carts lined up at the 1st tee, and hit several "logjams" including one par five where we waited over 30 minutes from last green to our tee shot. There was a big group outing going on, but it doesn't sound like this was anything out of the ordinary.

Avoid Silver Lake

I spent $200 for a foursome today and got about a $25 experience. The back nine, especially, was terrible. Worst drainage ever. Crews on the holes 14, 15, 16 with zero regard for golfers. No drinking water on any tee box. It had rained overnight and was cart path only but there were no holes without muddy footing. Other NYC courses can handle that amount of rain, no sweat. Disappointed.

Commented On 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Silver Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

A Joke

I’m currently on the course and just finished a 3 hour 9 holes after starting 20 minutes after our tee time.

Apparently the course has a tournament of 90 golfers out today. It’s disappointing they would choose to do this on a Sunday morning and even more disappointing that they didn’t alert us when making the tee time.

This course has the worst pace of play out of the city courses and no one seems to care.

Commented On 05/30/2019

We love hearing from our golfers, but we apologize for your negative experience. We are happy that you took the time to leave us some feedback so we can improve in the future. We hope to have you back.

Fun on The Island

Made the hort trip from NJ and it was well worth it. Nice hilly layout with lots of mature trees lining every fairway. Shorter layout keeps things fun...the trees add challenge.

Goiod golf course but now needs TLC

This course is a really good course with a nice layout, Ther's water in play, tee shots uphill, doglegs, elevated greens, forced carries. Course has all, but needs upkeep. Don't play after heavy rains, fairways get very very wet.

What a challenge

I played with (and am writing this review from) my friends account who used to play at Silver Lake all the time. We play a similar style course (minus the elevations) back home in Orlando and he’d been telling me for years about how this place is even tougher. He was entirely right. It’s totally fair, has opportunities for all types of scores and is one tough bout between you and the course. It felt entirely unique and nostalgic. I want to come back just for another shot at it. The weather could not have been better and the staff was fantastic. I hit some of my best shots, and missed some of my easiest putts. I want to fight it, but that’s only because I know we love each other.

Good course but slow at back nine

I like The course layouts. There are many uphill and downhill. The pace is fine for front nine, but, not for back nine. It was so slow. The conditions of the course is just fine. I did not notice, but, the guys play with me told that the water tank is empty or not available at most of the holes. No one came to sell the drinks. But, the staffs were very friendly.

Great city course!

Found out about this course early this season. Have played it 6 times now. It seems like a hidden gem. Tee times are not as packed like the rest of the city courses and the layout is extremely fun. My brother and I are making this our new go to course for the summer for sure. The food is great as well and priced fair. Nothing but good things to say about this course. The staff is extremely nice as well. They have a shuttle from the free ferry. Definitely worth it! Also as a bonus a cute looking dog hangs around the pro shop sometimes.

One of the best in the city!

Found out about this course early this season. Have played it 6 times now. It seems like a hidden gem. Tee times are not as packed like the rest of the city courses and the layout is extremely fun. My brother and I are making this our new go to course for the summer for sure. The food is great as well and priced fair. Nothing but good things to say about this course. The staff is extremely nice as well, above and beyond expectations. They have a shuttle from the free ferry. Definitely worth it! Also as a bonus a cute looking dog hangs around the pro shop sometimes.

Only Play If There’s a Hot Deal

My tee time was 1:13 I arrived at 1 , was not allowed to check in ....why? Nobody is even on the first 2 holes. No wonder this place always gets backed up. I found a hot deal and played because it’s literally 5 min from my house. They should be ashamed to charge over $30 at ANY time to play here. Hole #9 is still atrocious and will be the reason why I don’t play here anymore. It’s always muddy! The greens were also aerated which I should have been notified about because then I wouldn’t have booked here. THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS COURSE! They need new management!

Bayonne, New Jersey
Union, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Kenilworth, New Jersey

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?