Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Black (W) 72 6304 yards 76.0 134
Blue (W) 72 5709 yards 73.4 129
Silver 70 5375 yards 65.6 110
Silver (W) 72 5375 yards 71.8 124
Scorecard for Silver Lake
Black M: 70.4/119 355 363 235 384 480 158 316 396 379 3066 394 168 409 563 357 333 216 382 416 3238 6304
Blue M: 67.4/114 W: 73.4/129 326 289 155 364 460 99 309 349 350 2701 371 146 392 506 327 314 195 360 397 3008 5709
Silver M: 65.6/110 W: 71.8/124 296 280 150 384 460 86 264 329 337 2586 351 126 310 487 310 289 170 330 416 2789 5375

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

Fun course if it doesn't rain the day before

I enjoyed my round here, but it was a bit aggravating as it is still early in the season so the greens are still beat up pretty good from the winter, and the drainage here isn't the best as it had rained the day before and I played in the mud all day. Pace was fair the front 9 but it came to a screeching halt in the back nine.

Wet wet wer

This course is usually wet, well maybe we shouldn't have gone out today. It rained a lot last night and some this morning, but we knew that going out and playing on a wet course is better then not playing at all. Outside of that the course was in decent shape for the time of year. The only thing that really turned me off was the fact they would not let us out early. There was NO ONE ELSE on the course but their policy is if you have a HOT DEAL, you can't go out early. Not only do I think that is a stupid policy that will only lead to backing up the course when the weather is nice. I just doesn't make any sense We were the only ones there so the staff had to wait for us to finish to go home. That needs to be rethought.bc I don't think I will play this course again on a hot deal price.

Great time

Had a great time while visiting from California, front 9 was great but back 9 a little damp. Great staff ...I would play again many more times!

Silver lake golf

Greens were recently aerated so a true put was impossible. It rained all night so the course and cart paths were muddy and saturated. Car paths were so bumpy I felt like a milkshake.. Even with all that, I would have forgiven everything but having 2 twosomes jump in front of us on the back nine with impunity, delayed everyone by another 30 minutes.. Called ranger who said they probably stopped for lunch at the turn. Impossible because they were not in front of us on the 10th hole. Rangers should have checked their starter ticket and times.

Commented On 03/25/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Greens

The greens rolled great for so early in the season, The tee's and fairways are clean and there working on drainage.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Great staff

Pat at the front desk , Taiesha at the bar/ restaurant , Steve and Damien at the tee are a Great Crew , can’t wait for the Thaw !!

Commented On 02/13/2019

Management

Some of the staff at this course are terrible people very unfriendly and have major issue's

This course is terrible

So I’ve played here before so I knew what to expect going in but god was it at an all time low course was destroyed water logged everywhere mind you it hasn’t rained since Friday so that being said you know if the grass is wet it’s going to be muddy ball cleaners were empty water containers empty greens in terrible condition tee boxes also was a total waste of money would not be returning to this golf course ever again and i live across the street totally want a refund

Narrow tee shots!

Great course. Amazing staff! Some greens are a bit rough but overall the course for this time of the year is in great conditions!

Commented On 03/28/2019

Plays Twice a year
Commented On 12/27/2018

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

enjoyed playing

still very green and well kept fairways. slow greens. most leaves crushed making it easy to locate ball. tight course.

Commented On 11/09/2018

Thank you t0nys as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

Commented On 11/12/2018

Thank you dondelorenzo as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/26/2018:
Thank you dondelorenzo as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in Staten Island, NY.
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/25/2018:
Thank you 1johnny2 for the fantastic 5-star review of Silver Lake Golf Course here in beautiful Staten Island, New York. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/22/2018:

Great little course

I like this course ! Fairways and greens makes the course fun to play . If you miss the the greens , there are plenty holes to chip and save strokes .

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/08/2018:
Thank you Curtis as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in Staten Island.
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/08/2018:

Terrible Experience

I played this course for the first time in a couple of years and I couldn’t be more disappointed. The greens were covered in mud and had tons of bald spots. The fairways had hardened tire treads, so if you hit the fairway you very well could be lying in a hardened mud spot. I understand we have had some rain but it wasn’t just wet. The worst part is nobody told us how bad the conditions were, not in the pro shop and not the starter. The crazy part is they charged us $76 for the round, this course wasn’t worth more than $40 today. Very disappointing round. I won’t be coming back here.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/01/2018:
Union, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Kenilworth, New Jersey

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
This package is based on double occupancy for a 1-Day/1-Night golf trip, and includes: one 18-hole round with cart, one night of lodging, and one breakfast per person.
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
More Fun Golf Hotel Package
RiverWatch Golf Club Stay and Play
Latest Articles
Articles
Lessons learned from my first buddies-trip captain experience
Local Golf Advisors take on Fazio Foothills at Omni Barton Creek