Silver Lake Golf Course sits along Staten Island's North Shore, offering a scenic and challenging layout that is one of the five boroughs' best-kept secrets. The course has a classic layout with postage stamp-sized greens and narrow fairways. At just over 6,000 yards from the back tees, the golf course appears shorter than it plays. The tight layout demands accuracy throughout especially on the lengthier holes, of which there are several. The course offers interesting risk-reward opportunities and holes 12 through 14 are considered by locals the "Amen Corner" of the North. The entire layout will test your shot-making abilities. In addition to the challenging round, Silver Lake is known for having consistently excellent conditions with some of New York's best greens, which is why it has garnered a strong following among local players.

Silver Lake Golf Course
Black (W) 72 6304 yards 76.0 134
Blue (W) 72 5709 yards 73.4 129
Silver 70 5375 yards 65.6 110
Silver (W) 72 5375 yards 71.8 124
Scorecard for Silver Lake
Black M: 70.4/119 355 363 235 384 480 158 316 396 379 3066 394 168 409 563 357 333 216 382 416 3238 6304
Blue M: 67.4/114 W: 73.4/129 326 289 155 364 460 99 309 349 350 2701 371 146 392 506 327 314 195 360 397 3008 5709
Silver M: 65.6/110 W: 71.8/124 296 280 150 384 460 86 264 329 337 2586 351 126 310 487 310 289 170 330 416 2789 5375

Year Built 1929
Architect John Van Kleek

It’s been better

I’ve played here many times over the years. Today the Back 9 totally destroyed. Booking a event on a Sunday afternoon that closes the course: really!

Extremely slow play by several foursomes not really the fault of the marshal but it didn’t need to be a 5 hour round.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/02/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bad Tee Time Management

This used to be my go to course when I lived in the city. I went back to accommodate some friends whom still live in the city. Unfortunately somethings never change. 840 tee time did not tee off until almost 930am. We arrived 15 min before our tee time, so the only explanation for the delay is either they overbooked or shoe horned walk one in before us. Running 50 min late at 840am is unacceptable, especially coupled with the terrible pace of play.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/02/2018:

Good course spoilt by slow play

The course had received rain so was playing long.. All players had to use carts. However, we had to wait on every hole and tee times meant nothing!! they were approximate. There was no marshalling on the course. My estimated time for playing was five hours, however I had to leave the course when it was apparent it would get to over six hours and I had to travel. The course is great, the people are great but the playing experience was awful. Please marshal, marshal, marshal.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/01/2018:

Great for a public golf course!

Great golf course! I always have a fun time playing here. The fees are extremely reasonable and the staff is always friendly!

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 10/01/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in Staten Island, New York.

Monday Golf

One can always expect a golf course to perform work on its grounds on a Monday and Silver Lake is no different . They closed the back 9 for aeration of the greens . Despite that, play moved well as our group played the front twice . I played with a couple of friends as I joined them to start . We has great fun ! I look forward to my return .

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/26/2018:
Thank you Curtis as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in Staten Island, NY.
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/25/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in Staten Island, New York.

Course was in good condition!! Starter was good, had an outing before our tee time, he kept things in order & moving. Would recommend & will play here again.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/25/2018:
Thank you MelkaChuck as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

Poor condition and like warm staff treatment

Potential players should be advised of the courses poor condition prior to accepting payment.

Disappointing organization, pace of play, and green conditions

Despite everyone having a tee time, they were not organized or prepared for an "outing" that occupied the front nine. Don't think they did a good job filtering groups in so pace was significantly slower than it should have been - even for a municipal course. Would not recommend nor will play here again. The course/golf now should absolutely consider refunds.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/17/2018:

not a top choice

Poor organization and pace of play. Completely overbooked the tee times. We ended up teeing off almost 40 minutes late despite being there 20 minutes early and it ended up being a 5.5 hour round.
The greens on holes 1-9 were in horrible condition. It was like putting on the beach, just completely destroyed. I actually have no idea why GolfNOW doesn't have a warning for damaged greens for this course. This course is now referred to as the Staten Island Dump.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/17/2018:
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Thank you Kwong18 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course in New York.

Best course on Staten Island

Best hazards. A lot of hills. Course conditions are well kept and friendly staff.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Thank you daateef1 for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here in Silver Lake Golf Course.

Better management would improve painfully slow play

Our visit was a pretty bad experience and it is such a shame. This is a cheap and cheerful course close to the city. It is actually very well looked after. It should be a great go-to place for people living in the city. However, what lets it down is horrific slow play. After 9 holes, we had taken 3.5 hours and we ended up walking off (this is for a short course with plenty of short par 4s). There are a couple of bottlenecks on the course where you have two holes with blind tee shots (one being a short par 5) right after each other. The inevitable result is that you have 4-5 groups backing up waiting on each tee. Course design quirks like this can normally be managed by good first-tee-starter management but this place is run by what appears to be the grumpiest group of elderly people the golf world has even seen. The tee time you book appears to be just a suggestion on when to show up. Anyone appears to be able to just walk up and tee off whenever they want and they send plenty of people off on the 10th tee, which then compounds the problem later on. Seriously, if someone was to put a bit of care/investment into this place (golf shop was a temporary hut with nearly zero products and the bar/restaurant looks as if it hasn't seen new paint since the 1970s), it would be super popular and they would be able to charge double the price. I really wanted to like this place but they make it so difficult.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 08/27/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will take a look at each one of the suggestions you provided to make for a beter round and faster pace of play. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice layout and good conditions for a muni course. Slow pace thou

Enjoyed my first outing. Nice condition, staff and easy day except I wish they would have a ranger. To play at 6:40am and still be near 5 hours is not good. I think they need to remind players to keep up and play ready golf

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/31/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

Nice and neat

As a Manhattanite, my travels to the course is a scenic boat ride and short bus ride to this well manicured , neat golf course .. It's a simple game , fairways and greens . Missing the fairways from the tee will reflect on your scorecard . But there are ample areas to chip and putt to the pins . Thankfully the rough is not penal which allows for brisk pace of play . I love the complexity of the greens and pin placements . It is "no birdiefest" .
I will be back soon !

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/23/2018:

Of course very well maintained people are friendly love it very much play as much as possible when I get a chance ,love silver lake golf course

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon.
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Nope.

It was the 4th of July. I fully expected a busy day at a public golf course, but this was too much. I walked into the pro shop at 8:45 for a 9:40 tee time and was greeted with a very angry person who told me I was way too early, and needed to come back later. Happy Independence Day to you, too! Not sure why you couldn’t just swipe my card and give me a receipt, but okay.

Anyway, I rolled a few putts on the acorn laden practice green before paying my $65 and getting in my cart. It was 10 minutes before my tee time and there were no less than 10 groups ahead of me in line. I ended up teeing off around 10:30 AM, 50 minutes later than the time I booked.

Prior to teeing off, I learned that there was league play schedule for 20 golfers, and 52 showed up. First of all, why schedule league play on a holiday? Second of all, why would you let everyone out knowing that you have a full slate of tee times following the 20 registered players? Just ridiculous. 5.5 hours later the round was over. There was not a single shot besides a putt I was able to walk up to and hit without a considerable wait.

Also, the tee boxes were chewed up beyond recognition and the greens were dotted with unrepaired ball marks — although I can’t blame the course for players not fixing ball marks.

Layout was solid, and aside from the tee boxes it was generally well maintained. Short course, decent layout, but I’ll never go back.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/11/2018:
Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 07/02/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon here at Silver Lake Golf Course.

Excellent course in excellent shape

Course was in phenomenal shape. Greens were lightning fast. You had to land the ball on the front otherwise it went over the green even with a wedge in your hand. The only critical thing would be the tee boxes being rock hard and having lots of unrelated divots on them.

Response from Silver Lake Golf Course on 06/20/2018:
Thank you Rob so much for taking the time and for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon here at Silver Lake Golf Club in New York.
Bayonne, New Jersey
Union, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Kenilworth, New Jersey

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)